Chanel RTW ~ Reveals, Chit-chat & Info thread

Why do the buttons looks as if they were removed and then re-sewn on and very sloppily. Did they have to send it out for cleaning?
I’m not sure, I feel that it was a return. The buttons, to me, look like they weren’t checked twice to see if there were imperfections. To me, it seems that they sewed the buttons on and then never checked it afterwards.

Reactions: lisaroberts
I’m not sure, I feel that it was a return. The buttons, to me, look like they weren’t checked twice to see if there were imperfections. To me, it seems that they sewed the buttons on and then never checked it afterwards.
I have about 10 cardigans and I have never seen anything like this before. None of them have sewing looking like this. I am paranoid enough about losing a button on any jacket or sweater, that I always check them before leaving the house. I have tightened a few over time, but never had to re-sew one completely that looked as if it was going to fall off.

I have about 10 cardigans and I have never seen anything like this before. None of them have sewing looking like this. I am paranoid enough about losing a button on any jacket or sweater, that I always check them before leaving the house. I have tightened a few over time, but never had to re-sew one completely that looked as if it was going to fall off.
Maybe it’s just my luck. The piece is sentimental to me as it was a birthday gift, so it’s disappointing that it looks like this.

Using the visit to my local Chanel as an opportunity to wear my Chanel items...
Dress down this 24C sequin skirt with a slouchy plain tee and 24S gladiator sandals i just got last week. Love this pair the minute i tried it on...

And of cos, just as i thought there was nothing that caught my eye on the runway of 24S, my SA pulled out this sequin pants and the lace jacket... love how well they go together and as separates too..

Its BAN island for me till perhaps 25C... fingers 🤞🏼
Love this jacket! Looks great on you!
The skirt that comes with it is fabulous too !
It’s on every button except one of them. The rest of the cardigan is beautiful, but I come from a family of tailors and this is terrible for the $4500 paid. I don’t have this issue with even jcrew.

I brushed that off and then got another piece, a black top. Then… when I was trying it on when I got back home, my husband noticed this on the sleeves! (Black top). Not sure what that is but it’s not on the other sleeve. The black piece was purchased a week ago.
View attachment 5992492View attachment 5992493View attachment 5992494View attachment 5992495View attachment 5992496View attachment 5992497View attachment 5992499
I think the problem comes the metal buttons I always need to re sew them. Even if you do it right they come off again

Anyone happy with this seasons jeans? Wondering if I’ll return because I’m not a fan of how the front pockets stick out so far instead of being flush against my legs… also ignore my 5 month postpartum belly :doh:
Yes, I’m happy, but I love the style.
Ugh these are SO CUTE. I wish I saw these when I was shopping I would have picked them up.. I like when the pockets stick out a bit because I think it makes me look more hourglass (maybe I am crazy).
No you are not! I’m the same))))

Just saw this on TRR:
It looks like a fake, no? My own jacket has the colors lined up 100%, and this is very much off.

I recall a discussion on this forum regarding alteration on this jacket, and I shared my experience that the seamstress painstakingly ensured that the colors were lined up just like the untouched original garment.

I never thought that people would make fake jackets given how much work it requires, but this one really doesn't look right...
so, I have found this tweed for sale, as fabric... I think whatever factory makes it for Chanel in China, keep producing it without their authorisation (I bought a yard of each out of curiosity, and only one I had a matching bag to compare, and was exactly the same). This tweed was also available (my SIL is crazy about that jacket but it always go for much more she's comfortable spending), so I remember it well.

so, I have found this tweed for sale, as fabric... I think whatever factory makes it for Chanel in China, keep producing it without their authorisation (I bought a yard of each out of curiosity, and only one I had a matching bag to compare, and was exactly the same). This tweed was also available (my SIL is crazy about that jacket but it always go for much more she's comfortable spending), so I remember it well.
Omg!
But this is Lasage, not Made In China tweed. I know that they copied tweed fabric in the past, including the white Lasage in the Metiers collection in 2021 (the Chateau collection). I even saw posts on social media selling the fake - they advertised as such.

But the TRR listing's tweed is braided loosely. The picture isn't clear enough to be 100% certain, but it is my impression.

I emailed TRR and they sent me an email with some cookie cutter talk on AI. I was like this is so obvious!

Lining up the color stripes is a basic requirement. There is a reason why the alteration needs to be just as meticulous.

Anyways, everyone please be careful of fakes, unfortunately on TRR! And this one is a fake.

• Insightful
Reactions: TankerToad
😫😖😱I’ll be really devastated if Chanel uses made in china tweed… I certainly didn’t pay exorbitant amount for something made out of a factory, regardless the country…
It should be artisanal and made in small workshops… as ,inch as I would like to believe….
No, I don't think they are made in China. The fakes I saw on social media was made in a factory in China, and they didn't even try to hide that they were copying :lol:

It's a shame that there is so little creativity or originality that they have to copy over and over and over...

Would love to get some opinions. Tried on this blazer at TRR which was labeled Fall 2023. This would be my first Chanel RTW. It’s has all this amazing beading on is hard to see in pictures but beautiful in person. I originally went into see it cause I thought it’d be a good blazer for daily use but the beading has thrown me a little. Would love ideas on how others who have this style it.
Also just saw the recent talks of fakes on TRR so if someone notices anything, please share but this is not an authentication request.
IMG_1061 Copy.jpegIMG_1127.pngIMG_1060.jpeg