Chanel RTW ~ Reveals, Chit-chat & Info thread

My SA have been waiting for this jacket to come in for a while now (US)... starting to lose hope at this point. I really want it though!!
I bought this jacket and asked for the sleeves to be shortened a little bit and the boutique advised something to do something with the shoulders (sorry for the clumsy description, I don’t know the correct words for it). While waiting for the alterations I was told there was a problem with the fabric and the boutique had to take back the jacket. I was probably super unlucky and I’m sure the other jackets were just fine. It really is a super nice and light one. I purchased the little black glittery jacket from 24S instead. I love it, but not easy to wear as the 24P one! Hope you will get it! 💕💃🏽

😫😖😱I’ll be really devastated if Chanel uses made in china tweed… I certainly didn’t pay exorbitant amount for something made out of a factory, regardless the country…
It should be artisanal and made in small workshops… as ,inch as I would like to believe….
Wouldn’t be surprised at this point! I think fashion houses are going to start cheaping out for a higher profit margin as the economy collapses

Would love to get some opinions. Tried on this blazer at TRR which was labeled Fall 2023. This would be my first Chanel RTW. It’s has all this amazing beading on is hard to see in pictures but beautiful in person. I originally went into see it cause I thought it’d be a good blazer for daily use but the beading has thrown me a little. Would love ideas on how others who have this style it.
Also just saw the recent talks of fakes on TRR so if someone notices anything, please share but this is not an authentication request.
View attachment 5992817View attachment 5992816View attachment 5992818
Can you please post the label with the number?

Can you please post the label with the number?

I don’t have a photo of the label (I’m not in the store anymore) but the description on the website says:
Chanel Blazer
• From the Fall 2023 Collection by Virginie Viard
• Black
• Interlocking CC Logo, Faux Pearl Accents & Tweed Pattern
• Beaded Accents & Pointed Collar
• Slit Pockets & Button Closure

Just saw this on TRR:
It looks like a fake, no? My own jacket has the colors lined up 100%, and this is very much off.

I recall a discussion on this forum regarding alteration on this jacket, and I shared my experience that the seamstress painstakingly ensured that the colors were lined up just like the untouched original garment.

I never thought that people would make fake jackets given how much work it requires, but this one really doesn't look right...
Judging by the measurements, and the stated size of 34, I’d say the jacket had significant alteration because the meaurements are more like a 40-42. The sleeves seem to be off more than anything else. It looks like the shoulder was enlarged and it caused the sleeves to drop and the pattern to go out of alignment.

I have this one too and I totally changed it. I don’t like dropped shoulders and changed them to a regular shoulder and added a shoulder pad.

I made the decision to stay away from jackets that have definite plaids and /or lines because I didn’t want the headache of trying to match things up when the sleeves have to be shortened.

Omg!
But this is Lasage, not Made In China tweed. I know that they copied tweed fabric in the past, including the white Lasage in the Metiers collection in 2021 (the Chateau collection). I even saw posts on social media selling the fake - they advertised as such.

But the TRR listing's tweed is braided loosely. The picture isn't clear enough to be 100% certain, but it is my impression.

I emailed TRR and they sent me an email with some cookie cutter talk on AI. I was like this is so obvious!

Lining up the color stripes is a basic requirement. There is a reason why the alteration needs to be just as meticulous.

Anyways, everyone please be careful of fakes, unfortunately on TRR! And this one is a fake.
Apologies for stirring the pot like that, I now realise I did indeed compare the made in China tweed to a bag I bought second hand and have yet to properly authenticate (image attached), which is one that shows up often on the second hand market, so perharps that's why? (they would all be fake and made with this tweed)

It really bothers me Chanel doesn't make more 'behind the scenes' content showing all the steps the pieces go through, I would still not put it beyond them to have things made in China (which could still be made by hand), they lack the transparency you can see in other brands.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-04-30 at 15.57.38.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-04-30 at 15.57.38.jpeg
    199.2 KB · Views: 58
Apologies for stirring the pot like that, I now realise I did indeed compare the made in China tweed to a bag I bought second hand and have yet to properly authenticate (image attached), which is one that shows up often on the second hand market, so perharps that's why? (they would all be fake and made with this tweed)

It really bothers me Chanel doesn't make more 'behind the scenes' content showing all the steps the pieces go through, I would still not put it beyond them to have things made in China (which could still be made by hand), they lack the transparency you can see in other brands.
Lasage is made in France.

For less complicated tweeds, they use a few vendors in Europe. Some fabrics are allowed to be sold to third parties after a few seasons, so they could in theory go everywhere including China.

But factories in China also copy Lasage tweed as I mentioned before.

In sum, the regular tweed can be easily purchased and the fake Lasage are simply fake.

Chanel doesn't make more 'behind the scenes' content showing all the steps the pieces go through,
I had thought that the Lesage tweed process is well publicized.
Also, prior to each Metiers collection release, they have some snapshots of the various ateliers.
At the Lagerfeld exhibit, they also had some content on the craftsmanship.

It would be a massive scandal had they made Lesage tweed in China.

Judging by the measurements, and the stated size of 34, I’d say the jacket had significant alteration because the meaurements are more like a 40-42. The sleeves seem to be off more than anything else. It looks like the shoulder was enlarged and it caused the sleeves to drop and the pattern to go out of alignment.

I have this one too and I totally changed it. I don’t like dropped shoulders and changed them to a regular shoulder and added a shoulder pad.

I made the decision to stay away from jackets that have definite plaids and /or lines because I didn’t want the headache of trying to match things up when the sleeves have to be shortened.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts GK! This one is indeed oversized, but one special feature I have noticed is that Lesage tweed is always lined up between the body and the sleeves. The one on TRR simply doesn't match.
I also found this old picture...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240429_213517_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240429_213517_Gallery.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 94
Reactions: ButchChanel
Thanks for sharing your thoughts GK! This one is indeed oversized, but one special feature I have noticed is that Lesage tweed is always lined up between the body and the sleeves. The one on TRR simply doesn't match.
I also found this old picture...
I think the seam where the dropped shoulder joined the sleeve was opened to allow more shoulder room. This would cause the sleeve to join at a lower point and the pattern would not be able to line up properly. Does this make sense to you?

I didnt know you can change the shoulder design. Loved the lesage but found the drop shoulders unsuitable for me.. sloppy.. thanks for sharing

I didnt know you can change the shoulder design. Loved the lesage but found the drop shoulders unsuitable for me.. sloppy.. thanks for sharing
It wasn’t easy. I don’t look good in a dropped shoulder. This is the second time I have done it. I won’t do it again because it requires too much work. I was in love with the pink Lesage and lost my reason lol!

Reactions: ClassicTwist
I don’t have a photo of the label (I’m not in the store anymore) but the description on the website says:
Chanel Blazer
• From the Fall 2023 Collection by Virginie Viard
• Black
• Interlocking CC Logo, Faux Pearl Accents & Tweed Pattern
• Beaded Accents & Pointed Collar
• Slit Pockets & Button Closure
Maybe it’s the simplified version of this jacket?
Or act 1 fall collection?
IMG_8257.png