Chanel RTW ~ Reveals, Chit-chat & Info thread

I really enjoyed today's show!! I love the sultry sexy punk rock vibe and the music made me feel like I was in a far off land when in reality I was trying to hide from my 5 year old so that I could just get 13 minutes to myself to watch the show. :nuts: I really want that dove cardigan. Can't wait to hear what the pricing will be like on this collection...

+1. I don’t think I’ve worn large fishnets. . . Ever. (especially since I didn’t buy YSL until the 1990s). Maybe the small wolford ones twenty years ago, (ergh, I bought them but didn’t wear them) but then I remember, I’m officially old :biggrin:
I have enough jackets unless something pops that I really love. I asked my SA to focus on wearable, casual knits for me, so she thought this was nice (a Henley to wear with jeans or whatever to dinner or running errands which is basically the extent of my life right now :smile:

View attachment 5074630
How much is this henley @880 ? It's so cute!

• Love
Reactions: 880 and m_ichele
Just saw this on facebook. Has anyone heard this ?
“Major news! Chanel will be offering special order for their RTW. Meaning you can order that special piece that sold out in your size from current and past collections. It is at a higher price though (10% for in season and 30% for past seasons approximately).”
This is amazing, I wonder how the process will work. I can think of a few that will be very popular if it is as straightforward as it seems! They must plan to increase the price more than 30% for some items though to keep it in line with current offerings. Think about the Classic LBJs from past seasons; at a 30% markup from those prices you could get an iconic piece for a lower price than current offerings. I feel that they would be swamped with orders. Perhaps some designs will be retired? How else will they prevent over-saturation if we are all able to buy all of the iconic pieces from the past?

How much is this henley @880 ? It's so cute!
It’s 2600USD which is well priced for Chanel :biggrin:

@Frillylily, @monkyjib, re the sandals styled like Birkenstock’s. . , closing the Velcro halfway seems normal to me.

I think it depends on where your arch and ball of foot fall (and may be more variable the further or wider you get from the traditional sample size. I have a wider than B standard foot. I have old chanel ballet flats made in France that ran half a size larger 37 than more recent flats (same model) made in Italy 37.5. (Both bought from the same SA over a span of years). I recall buying specific heels and boots circa 2008-2010, where my SA would say these run small, buy half a size up, so I also have some pairs in 38 chanel. During covid 2020, I bought chanel summer espadrilles (I bought size 38)

I’m generally a size 37 golden goose, 37 gucci; 37 YSL; 37 Prada; 37 birkenstock regular; the the valentino flat mule (runs large) 37
37.5 ferragamo, 37.5 louboutin, 37.5 Manolo. I take a 37.5 brooks sneaker, but that seems too big in the ON happiness sneaker. In the traditional valentino cage kitten, 37.5
38 chanel espadrille, valentino flat sandal or jelly sandal 38

It’s also complicated by the issue that 1. Twenty years ago, women bought their shoes with less length at the toe; nowadays, more length. and, with the rise in the birkenstock Arizona look, I’ve been told the correct way is to have x amount of space at the toe and plenty around the sides.

Even in the birkenstock type sandal, sometimes I vacillate between a 37R (Arizona classic) and a38N (Arizona collaborations by Valentino or other designers where I own both sizes and am still not sure) some variance may also be due to personal aesthetic. Or maybe I just have temperamental feet. JMO though.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: HAllDay
@pigleto972001 @nicole0612 I am fascinated by this news and dying to know more, because I would love to order that Paris Rome jacket (maybe in the Lesage tweed). P, out of curiosity, was this a US-based Facebook group? I will msg my SA to see if she's heard anything...
It was a group of ladies who are into fashion. One of them said her SA told her the news. They have to request it from Paris apparently :smile:

@pigleto972001 @nicole0612 I am fascinated by this news and dying to know more, because I would love to order that Paris Rome jacket (maybe in the Lesage tweed). P, out of curiosity, was this a US-based Facebook group? I will msg my SA to see if she's heard anything...
I wonder if it will be like Hermes SO where only a limited number are offered, which would control the volume as well as helping to drive sales of other items in order to be offered the SO. However, unlike Hermes, there are really no Chanel lines which don’t sell very well on their own, so perhaps it is not a concern. If it is just based on approval and not too limited, I was also thinking I would love to order the Paris Rome in the tan colorway and black/green colorway to match the skirts I have. Also the legendary 2010 and 2013 LBJs!

I wonder if it will be like Hermes SO where only a limited number are offered, which would control the volume as well as helping to drive sales of other items in order to be offered the SO. However, unlike Hermes, there are really no Chanel lines which don’t sell very well on their own, so perhaps it is not a concern. If it is just based on approval and not too limited, I was also thinking I would love to order the Paris Rome in the tan colorway and black/green colorway to match the skirts I have. Also the legendary 2010 and 2013 LBJs!

Great choices! I haven't seen the tan colorway and just tried to google it (no luck) - do you have a picture? I *think* the black/green version you mention is the Lesage version from the show?

I was trying to think of whether there are any C lines that don't sell well on their own... silk scarves, perhaps? I'm sure you're right in thinking there are very few. I'm not sure how well their fine jewelry sells - I don't think it's all that popular here, although I think there are some stunning pieces (and the prices are actually not bad - diamonds for less than the price of cardigans these days!). I suspect their watches aren't huge sellers either (except maybe the J12) - I actually like a few models, but the husband always gives me a hard time for considering a watch from a brand that's not a watchmaker, so I haven't sprung for one.

Great choices! I haven't seen the tan colorway and just tried to google it (no luck) - do you have a picture? I *think* the black/green version you mention is the Lesage version from the show?

I was trying to think of whether there are any C lines that don't sell well on their own... silk scarves, perhaps? I'm sure you're right in thinking there are very few. I'm not sure how well their fine jewelry sells - I don't think it's all that popular here, although I think there are some stunning pieces (and the prices are actually not bad - diamonds for less than the price of cardigans these days!). I suspect their watches aren't huge sellers either (except maybe the J12) - I actually like a few models, but the husband always gives me a hard time for considering a watch from a brand that's not a watchmaker, so I haven't sprung for one.
That is a good point about watches and fine jewelry, though I agree that the diamond jewelry is very well priced and quite pretty actually. I don’t wear a watch, but I think Chanel watches seem to be on trend again.
The tan colorway has a tan velvet ribbon trim and goes with a long jacket, @Karenaellen has it! (It is not the fuzzier tan one). The green/black multicolor has a black patent “ribbon” trim. I found some photos on my phone to help. There were so many colorways!

EC663BC9-3FF8-448B-BD94-3B9BFCE0CE0A.png

46082502-9656-4900-8EB4-4AF486A004FC.png
6C9A4F3A-0F8D-4B24-BB7E-7CD4A73A85CB.jpeg
7878A9A1-7034-4950-980B-EB947FB20AF2.png

@Frillylily
Thanks for the reassurance :flowers: I can close the Velcro about half way. I’m so uncertain about the size because I haven’t seen that many posts or reviews for this style, and Chanel shoes sizing seems pretty inconsistent from what I’ve read. These are my first pair so I’m still learning.

Reactions: Frillylily
Just saw this on facebook. Has anyone heard this ?
“Major news! Chanel will be offering special order for their RTW. Meaning you can order that special piece that sold out in your size from current and past collections. It is at a higher price though (10% for in season and 30% for past seasons approximately).”
This is very interesting indeed, thank you for sharing. Time to message my Cambon SA...

• Love
Reactions: 880