Chanel RTW ~ Reveals, Chit-chat & Info thread

This jacket had to be altered from the shoulder seams due to the buttons as GK pointed out above. Mine was altered this way.

This required all the body panels to be taken in as well so the pattern was lined up before and after alteration. My alteration took two fittings if not three, as I recall.

p.s. The fake was disturbingly gross.
All that I can think of is that they are considering cutting the sleeve above the cuff and the tweed will hide the reattachment. Sounds risky.

Certainly not the Chanel way...KL would have puked all over this idea. He would be like, VV, what were you just suggesting? :lol:
@Brooklynite @gracekelly this was at the SF boutique. I initially considered adjusting the shoulders but gave up after a lengthy discussion with the in-house seamster because there would be too much change needed. He suggested changing the sleeve to bracelet length, which sounded like a lesser endeavor at the time, but I didn’t ask the details of how he would have done it. A few months later I approached my advisor on how they would have shortened the sleeves without disrupt the alignment so maybe the seamster would have a different response (although I am surprised since my advisor has been generally knowledgeable in this regard) …but if they have to taken in all the body panels I probably will not go with the sleeve adjustment since I like how the body fits as is.

@Brooklynite @gracekelly this was at the SF boutique. I initially considered adjusting the shoulders but gave up after a lengthy discussion with the in-house seamster because there would be too much change needed. He suggested changing the sleeve to bracelet length, which sounded like a lesser endeavor at the time, but I didn’t ask the details of how he would have done it. A few months later I approached my advisor on how they would have shortened the sleeves without disrupt the alignment so maybe the seamster would have a different response (although I am surprised since my advisor has been generally knowledgeable in this regard) …but if they have to taken in all the body panels I probably will not go with the sleeve adjustment since I like how the body fits as is.
I am totally confused at this point. I take it that you own the jacket, but have done no alterations on it at all? Remodeling the shoulders is a huge job and I had it done. The sleeves were shortened as well.

I am totally confused at this point. I take it that you own the jacket, but have done no alterations on it at all? Remodeling the shoulders is a huge job and I had it done. The sleeves were shortened as well.
You are correct. I only discussed various adjustment options with my boutique. The latest idea was to adjust sleeve to bracelet length and I was told by my advisor (no discussion with the seamster yet) they would cut the cuff then reattach the trim and buttons. But if the proper way to do is adjust all the body panels I don’t think I want to adjust the sleeve either.

• Thanks
Reactions: gracekelly
You are correct. I only discussed various adjustment options with my boutique. The latest idea was to adjust sleeve to bracelet length and I was told by my advisor (no discussion with the seamster yet) they would cut the cuff then reattach the trim and buttons. But if the proper way to do is adjust all the body panels I don’t think I want to adjust the sleeve either.
Since you say that you have never had a consultation with the tailor, I would make an appointment to do so and hear what the professional has to say. If this the tailor at the Chanel boutique in SF, then I would respect their opinion. If this is the tailor at SF Chanel boutique at NM, then I would think more about what they are suggesting. The Chanel boutique tailor should have the training to handle this properly. If you are frightened off by what the tailor says, then either you live with it as is, or sell it.

What a disappointing collection! To whom she is trying to appeal?
View attachment 5994030What happened here, she ran out of tweed?
MTE. Not one look appeals to me.
If the models are looking this bad in these clothes, how will people with other body types.
boy, roasted...
And deservedly so. Thanks for the link, it made for great entertainment!
I didn't think it'd get much worse with VV, but she did it again.
From hieroglyphs to cartoon fish graffiti :smile:
View attachment 5994717

Beautiful & functional bags:
View attachment 5994718
View attachment 5994719

Would you wear these nail rings?
View attachment 5994720
OMG, those fish... And that bag is hideous. It's not fresh or fun, it is just plain ugly, imho.
On point! I was thinking, what the hell is this? This is worse than the tweed hearts on a chain (which could hold a tic tac or a pill).
Can't wait for the prices, lol.

I loved that Egypt collection! Never did get the really cool cardi ! Drooled over the teal suit but mysteriously the jacket was sold on sale to someone else - I had been waiting on it ! Oh well got the skirt :smile:

Wish I was still this skinny lol.
View attachment 5994833
I remember this one was the one that got away! It was gorgeous on you!! I do hope you can track it down one day!!
This is the answer to the question of "what do most Chanel fans want?'....... More of this!!

Bring back the beautiful, intricate tweeds, the gorgeous finishes, intricate styling, beautiful tailoring and thoughtful designs and BRing Back the stunning buttons please!

While we are at it, bring back the showmanship, the elaborate set designs and stunning fashion shows, and please give us well made clothing that we long to actually wear, rather than simply gawk at the misaligned price.

OK, rant over....