Chanel Mini or Wallet On Chain?

Chanel Wallet on Chain or Chanel Mini Flap

• Chanel WOC

Votes: 59 33.0%
  • Chanel Mini Flap

Votes: 120 67.0%

• Total voters
May 3, 2020
Has anyone ever chosen the WOC over the mini?
I am interested in buying a mini flap, but ideally in GHW, however I‘ve heard they are starting to come more in champagne gold hardware.
I really like the Chanel gold against the black bag so now considering the WOC.
Thinking of getting black lambskin without top handle for mini flap
Undecided on whether it is caviar or lambskin for WOC.

I’m torn as I like the mini shape better, but also they’re hard to get. I’m prepared to wait but don’t want to regret it if I don’t like the champagne gold that much.

Thoughts?
Those with WOC is it sufficient as minimal day bag for keys with large fob, cards, phone, lipstick?

The WOC may not be huge, but it holds a decent amount. If you can pack light, this may help you to get your bag more easily and in the hardware combination that you prefer.

With that being said, the black WOC is made all the time but tends to sell quickly and not stick around long in stores, so it would help to have an SA watch for you and text you when they get one in!

I'd had a Black Lambskin WOC and Black Lambskin Rectangular Mini for many years and just this past year rehomed the WOC.
Here are the Pros and Cons of each in Lambskin:

WOC
PROS:

• Crossbody strap length that works for most people;
  • great for traveling and other times you want to be handsfree, i.e., cocktail parties;
  • elegant day to night in Lambskin
  • fits beautifully under a coat and lies nice and flat;
  • rooms for a lipstick; and
  • perfect if you have a driver or someone else to carry your keys.
CONS:
  • Holds very little unless you're willing to stretch the delicate Lambskin to its limits;
  • you'll need to check the dimensions of your phone because it may not be able to accommodate it, again without stretching the Lambskin to its limits; and
  • I wouldn't even try to put in car keys, fobs.

RECTANGULAR MINI
PROS:

• Crossbody strap length that works for most people,
  • great for traveling and other times you want to be handsfree, i.e., cocktail parties;
  • elegant day to night in Lambskin;
  • nearly as roomy as Chanel M/L Classic Flap, so room for phone, fob/keys, lipstick, card/cash case and this makes it the perfect chic, handsfree "go to " bag.
CONS:
  • Would be too bulky for under a coat.

P.S. I regret rehoming the WOC. The two years of COVID were years without travel. Most likely, I will repurchase a WOC for all the reasons I've listed above. Each of these styles really do serve distinct purposes.

I am interested in buying a mini flap, but ideally in GHW, however I‘ve heard they are starting to come more in champagne gold hardware.
I really like the Chanel gold against the black bag so now considering the WOC.
Thinking of getting black lambskin without top handle for mini flap
Undecided on whether it is caviar or lambskin for WOC.

I’m torn as I like the mini shape better, but also they’re hard to get. I’m prepared to wait but don’t want to regret it if I don’t like the champagne gold that much.

Thoughts?
Those with WOC is it sufficient as minimal day bag for keys with large fob, cards, phone, lipstick?
I would recommend a mini in your case since you need to put a large key fob with keys in it.

Last edited:
i chose the woc over the mini. granted, the minis that were available at my local boutique were not the minis that i wanted (though all beautiful nonetheless). i dress more on the casual side most of the time, so i figured i'd get more use out of a woc more than i would a mini.

i'm able to put my car fob, phone, cards, and lipstick. having a base shaper makes this easier to do, but even when i'm too lazy to put mine in, i'm still able to fit them all.

i'd still love to have a mini at some point. but for now, i'm perfectly happy with my woc :smile:

Last edited:
I use my WOC really as a wallet. So cards in the slots. Then I put in my iPhone 13ProMax, and keys. That's it. Nothing more.

I love how the WOC is flat against my body so it doesn't stick out when worn crossbody, and I can be handsfree all day long. If you find the strap too long, you can always get metal buckles from Amazon to shorten the chain.

If I carry a lot during the day, then I add a tote. But still WOC close to me for the essentials.

PS: the mini is nice to have, but I wouldn't be this carefree with a mini. And I love how WOC comes in both lambskin and caviar and SO many colors! :heart: :heart: :heart:

I had one of each, a WOC and a mini, and just rehomed the mini with zero regrets. It's truly personal preference. I tried so hard to like the mini but just couldn't stand how it stuck out away from my body. I prefer the streamlined look of the WOC so much that I actually just purchased a second one. Now I have the Trendy WOC and the 19 WOC. Another reason I chose the WOC is the length of the chain. I'm 5'8" and it's perfect for me. I found the mini to be just too short.

It's all about what you will use and what you prefer. I listened to everyone that told me that a mini was better, but then realized it just wasn't for me. One plus about the new classic WOC is they have a magnetic close now. So, no more trying to line up the button and press it closed. I'm considering a classic caviar in a bold color to go with my other two, that's how much I love them.

Good luck in your decision. Can't wait to hear what you chose.

I have the WOC but not the Mini. I bought the WOC not entirely convinced that I would love it.

Let me tell you, this bag will always be in my collection! It is fantastically versatile. Like others have said, it lies pretty flat on the body. It’s terrific for travel. Passport fits perfectly in the hidden compartment that runs the length of the bag.

You can tuck the chain in and have a clutch for evening. I can fit my phone, lipstick, card case (I don’t use the card slots in the WOC, but that would save space). My phone controls my car so no key (or just a slim key card if needed for valet or whatever). Highly recommend a base shaper.

No regrets. I wouldn’t pay the current price for the Mini anyway! My WOC is black caviar with silver HW. I would consider another one in a “fun” color at some point in the future.

I think Mini and WOC serves different purposes. For me WOC (mine is caviar) is suitable for daily use/travel since it is flat and not bulky, comfy to use and holds enough for my daily needs. But It also can be dressy enough for dinner/night out. Mini (I only have lambskin) is definitely more high maintenance. I always wanted to have both woc and mini in my collection