Chanel Mini or Wallet On Chain?

Chanel Wallet on Chain or Chanel Mini Flap

• Chanel WOC

Votes: 59 33.0%
  • Chanel Mini Flap

Votes: 120 67.0%

• Total voters
I chose woc over mini. However, I do own a few classic flaps so for me the woc provided more variety in the look.

I prefer the look of the woc over the mini because I enjoy the very thin but heavy chain of the woc which looks like jewellery dangled on your shoulder or bunched up in your hand if held like a clutch.

If you want caviar, you’re best off with the woc as resale on mini caviar is extremely expensive. I generally prefer lambskin however in the woc, due to the style, I prefer caviar.

It’s not hugely practical as I personally don’t like to put heavy things in it as it increases the distortion / bowing of the shape. There’s lots of really good YouTube comparisons of the two, particularly heyyyjune and chase amie.

I chose the mini over the wallet on chain. I liked the look of the mini more and felt like it was a no brainer since I was getting a bag for half the price of a classic flap. That said, I have yet to use it as I'm nervous about scratching the lambskin (it already had two scratches on it when I bought it), also partly because I saw the mini as an investment as I got it in a classic colour and it's a hard bag to find. I know for sure I would have used the WOC all the time, so I would have enjoyed the WOC more. Given the choice again, I'd still get the mini over the WOC because I wanted a classic flap without the extortionate price point and I still find it more beautiful than the WOC, just less practical

I chose the mini over the wallet on chain. I liked the look of the mini more and felt like it was a no brainer since I was getting a bag for half the price of a classic flap. That said, I have yet to use it as I'm nervous about scratching the lambskin (it already had two scratches on it when I bought it), also partly because I saw the mini as an investment as I got it in a classic colour and it's a hard bag to find. I know for sure I would have used the WOC all the time, so I would have enjoyed the WOC more. Given the choice again, I'd still get the mini over the WOC because I wanted a classic flap without the extortionate price point and I still find it more beautiful than the WOC, just less practical

Last edited:
Hi, I was considering a mini but chose the WOC. I like the design of it more, and it fits all I need. But it's certainly a personal choice... Choose the one you like more, and which works best for your use cases!

I've even filmed a little review of my WOC after 2 years of use:

Reactions: febzy and thisisit
Update!
I brought the WOC in the end. I’ve been using it loads since, I don’t baby it at all. I chose the lambskin one as I already have my classic flap in caviar, and fits my essentials, LV key pouch, phone, lipstick, travel perfume, cards. The only annoying thing is the chain length.

My experience
I went in enquiring about the mini and WOC, they said they don’t have any mini. I was really taking my time deciding on the WOC, trying it on waking around with it. I was also looking at the mini with the heart turn lock, she could tell I was really deciding. She then said they may have a mini. She spoke to her manager then went back and came back with a chunky chain one. I think the manager said no. In the end I decided I‘d rather spend less and get the WOC. I also am not a fan of the champagne gold hardware on the mini.

They had the classic flaps in that day and also the white one which I was surprised by. I also went into another store and same story there.

i don’t know what has changed since the pandemic but stores aren’t as busy and they seem to be out of everything people ask for, yet they have classic flaps and other items. They had white flaps, which surprised me as I thought these would be gone. I don’t know if it’s a game or they have slowed down the supply. I know it’s a tactic to create demand, but I find it off putting . I don’t have time to call stores or visit regularly despite having a few stores within easy reach.

Awww....please try these Amazon links. They are super inexpensive and I think stores in Europe used to give out these strap adjusters to anyone who buys WOCs, but apparently not here in the US.

Here is a direct link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08L377178?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

View attachment 5726662

How do you use this?
I brought this but if I put it over the flap I have to be careful Ochoa I open the bag as it just goes back to the original length.

Reactions: onlyk
How do you use this?
I brought this but if I put it over the flap I have to be careful Ochoa I open the bag as it just goes back to the original length.
Congrats on your WOC purchase. I use the clasp this way and leave the extra chain inside the WOC. I don't know how to explain it in person, so I'm showing you in a photo. It will take a few try to get it just right, or I'd just take it to my nearest boutique and ask an SA to help.
IMG_4613.jpg

Congrats on your WOC purchase. I use the clasp this way and leave the extra chain inside the WOC. I don't know how to explain it in person, so I'm showing you in a photo. It will take a few try to get it just right, or I'd just take it to my nearest boutique and ask an SA to help.
View attachment 5827934
Would you mind sharing where you got the clasp to shorten the strap? Does it indent the leather?

Update!
I brought the WOC in the end. I’ve been using it loads since, I don’t baby it at all. I chose the lambskin one as I already have my classic flap in caviar, and fits my essentials, LV key pouch, phone, lipstick, travel perfume, cards. The only annoying thing is the chain length.

My experience
I went in enquiring about the mini and WOC, they said they don’t have any mini. I was really taking my time deciding on the WOC, trying it on waking around with it. I was also looking at the mini with the heart turn lock, she could tell I was really deciding. She then said they may have a mini. She spoke to her manager then went back and came back with a chunky chain one. I think the manager said no. In the end I decided I‘d rather spend less and get the WOC. I also am not a fan of the champagne gold hardware on the mini.

They had the classic flaps in that day and also the white one which I was surprised by. I also went into another store and same story there.

i don’t know what has changed since the pandemic but stores aren’t as busy and they seem to be out of everything people ask for, yet they have classic flaps and other items. They had white flaps, which surprised me as I thought these would be gone. I don’t know if it’s a game or they have slowed down the supply. I know it’s a tactic to create demand, but I find it off putting . I don’t have time to call stores or visit regularly despite having a few stores within easy reach.

How do you use this?
I went into Chanel stores 4 times in a two weeks period very recently, agree with you, not as busy, and classic double flaps or leboy or reissues are readly available. My guess is the prices are way too high for the quality and for most of people can take, at $5,000-$10,000 Hermes or even LV have so much better reliable quality of their bags. Even if quality is not a concern, at this depressing resale market, uncertainty of the future economy, for average people to buy a bag for over $5,000 maybe not as easily as used to be.

By the way, I did see minis, but all of them are lambskin leather except reissue, but I don't see reissue holds value as right now, so I didn't even look at it.

I don’t have a WOC but have caviar and lambskin minis. I own one black caviar with aged gold hardware, one black caviar with champagne. Personally, I think the black stands out with any hardware, it’s just the color that makes the hardware pops, so the champagne or LGHW doesn’t bother me. I have never been into WOCs, I personally don’t see the need for them having the minis. I suggest that if you pick a WOC, go for caviar as you will probably wear it mostly as a crossbody and/or hand held clutch and could potentially over stuff it

Update!

My experience

How do you use this?
I second this about how annoying it is to go shopping. They never have minis. It’s really an unpleasant way to shop when you go almost knowing nothing you want is readily available. And the pushing the jewelry on me? Do they do that to any of you guys too?