Chanel - London

This may be a bit of a difficult question but does anyone know how many bags each store gets in a particular season? For example, I am looking for a black coco handle and when I go to the store they tell me I have to be on a waitlist, but the list is very long. And I already went on launch day (this is Harrods). So how many do they get on launch day? And how many do they get later on? Also do you think Chanel makes more black bags which are more popular, like do they make more black coco handles compared to gold coco handles this season (but not just coco handles but like other seasonal bags)?

This may be a bit of a difficult question but does anyone know how many bags each store gets in a particular season? For example, I am looking for a black coco handle and when I go to the store they tell me I have to be on a waitlist, but the list is very long. And I already went on launch day (this is Harrods). So how many do they get on launch day? And how many do they get later on? Also do you think Chanel makes more black bags which are more popular, like do they make more black coco handles compared to gold coco handles this season (but not just coco handles but like other seasonal bags)?
I don't know about numbers, but they definitely do get shipments after launch day. And not everything is available on launch day itself, some of the bags can arrive later. At least that's happened in the past.
I'm surprised they put you on a waitlist. Everytime I ask, and when I've over heard other customers ask, we've always been told there is no waitlist, just to keep checking back in store. :confused1:

I don't know about numbers, but they definitely do get shipments after launch day. And not everything is available on launch day itself, some of the bags can arrive later. At least that's happened in the past.
I'm surprised they put you on a waitlist. Everytime I ask, and when I've over heard other customers ask, we've always been told there is no waitlist, just to keep checking back in store. :confused1:

I know I was surprised when they mentioned the waitlist. I am still relatively new to Chanel but have shopped at LV and at LV I have always been told that it's first come first served. It must be different at Chanel or maybe it's just Harrods? Also does anyone know if there is a bag limit in the UK? I was told only 1 bag every 60 days.

In my personal experience, when they mention waitlist, it never gets to you. I remembered being in paris and i visited 4 different chanel boutiques in a day asking for a chanel boy in caviar years back and i got 4 different replies from 4 different SA. One told me to leave my email, the other told to check another day, follow by one more rejection of just Sorry No stock until the last SA who was willing to serve me and provide me with her namecard and mobile contact. Obviously, she was willing to serve and help me even though she didnt have the bag then. Eventually, i made a couple of trips back to paris in a week or 2 and i eventually got it from her. Even in london, some SA do entertain ( provide you their namecard and contact ) and some don't really care. So try visiting various boutiques to express your interest and hopefully you find a SA who's willing to help you ( they dont necessarily have to be from the bag section- My SA is from the shoe department and she helped me with the 2 bags and a pair of sneakers i wanted to get from the recent collection. ) Your SA can give you a heads up if there's stock or you can even purchase it via a phonelink if u can't make it to the store. So far, ive got great experience at NBS Chanel and normally prefer to shop there.

The waitlist claim is phoney. If there is stock in Europe, U.K. SAs can get it for you if they want. My SA has told me they can source from overseas if they have to. Try a more helpful SA!

Reactions: JY89