Chanel - London

Has anyone shopped the sale in London yet? I'm wondering if it's worth going over the weekend or if I'll be queuing for hours and hours. Last sale I queued for nearly 2 hrs, really don't want to do that again.

It’s worth it but the queues yesterday at Harrods were pretty testing. At least we were inside during one of the hottest days of the year. At the start they had no system in place and the queue was not socially distanced at all; after about 20min they figured out a system (this is for shoes).
We queued from 1045 to 1230 to get in and once in we had strict rules to only try Max 3 pairs not including any pairs bought - max 15min or so. Tbh once inside I felt it was better than the usual crowding pre covid.

RTW / jewelry was still a good selection even at midday with about 20min queue. Annoyingly you need a chaperone for each section so doing a quick browse is not really possible.

This year I did vip at both Harrods and NBS and would have stopped there but I wanted to take friends. We did well. I will try to go to NBS this weekend but the heat is deterring me ...

Has anyone shopped the sale in London yet? I'm wondering if it's worth going over the weekend or if I'll be queuing for hours and hours. Last sale I queued for nearly 2 hrs, really don't want to do that again.
Of course the second day is not nearly as crazy as the first so I would give it a go today or tomorrow afternoon if possible and I’d prioritize the department stores over stand alone given the heat

Can someone please help like how do you find stock in the UK except for visiting every single store. I visited over a week ago and now have 1 SA and she said they don't have stock in their store, because its sale period they don't do transfers but can she actually check other stores inventory instead of me trying? Is there a Chanel customer services line in the UK? I filled in the online form weeks ago and got no reply, I can't find a customer services phone number. I've called all the boutiques and been trying for weeks, no one answers. Like i'm at a loss, do they have store emails?

It’s worth it but the queues yesterday at Harrods were pretty testing. At least we were inside during one of the hottest days of the year. At the start they had no system in place and the queue was not socially distanced at all; after about 20min they figured out a system (this is for shoes).
We queued from 1045 to 1230 to get in and once in we had strict rules to only try Max 3 pairs not including any pairs bought - max 15min or so. Tbh once inside I felt it was better than the usual crowding pre covid.

RTW / jewelry was still a good selection even at midday with about 20min queue. Annoyingly you need a chaperone for each section so doing a quick browse is not really possible.

This year I did vip at both Harrods and NBS and would have stopped there but I wanted to take friends. We did well. I will try to go to NBS this weekend but the heat is deterring me ...

Is this the public or private sale?

Is this the public or private sale?
Public. Public sales started in London on Thursday. VIP was over last weekend / week and each item was brought to the client directly in the fitting room for RTW, the trays of goodies for jewelry (or via lookbook / whatsapp). Did not go to shoes VIP /lookbook so can't comment.

Right so I don’t want to visit every store (like another user said above). No one picks up phonelines. How do I source a bag I really want in time for my 30th? Can someone help a desperate sister out? I’m looking for a classic flap bag retailing at £3500 on the website.

Can someone please help like how do you find stock in the UK except for visiting every single store. I visited over a week ago and now have 1 SA and she said they don't have stock in their store, because its sale period they don't do transfers but can she actually check other stores inventory instead of me trying? Is there a Chanel customer services line in the UK? I filled in the online form weeks ago and got no reply, I can't find a customer services phone number. I've called all the boutiques and been trying for weeks, no one answers. Like i'm at a loss, do they have store emails?

SAs can check for stock anywhere in the UK or Europe. Sometimes it takes time to build trust before they are happy to do so, especially as they are trying to avoid resellers. Otherwise your only alternative is to visit every single store.

Reactions: hbflover