Chanel Espadrilles Club!

Is this acceptable? dunno if I should return because the line isn't straight at all.
Are they still crooked even if you're not wearing them? Coz it looks like when you have them on, the width of your feet is stretching the sides of the shoe a bit more than usual...maybe that's what causing the crookedness? If its crooked even if they're not on your feet then I would definitely return them.

I managed to find a store in my area that had a 38 to try on (not in any color way I would want) so I now know my size in the leather. The SA took my info in case more come into the store. Does anyone have the light pink leather they could post a pic of? I saw a size 41 (I'm 38) in the store being held and fell in love!

Thank you! The navy and black sound gorgeous. Did they have any leather ones in white with black toe by any chance?

No they only had the canvas out although when I asked about leather ones-specifically the bright blue-she did find me a pair out back but sadly too small for me. I found I had to go up a size in these as my normal size was way too tight & there are no half sizes in this style. I hope you find your pair v v soon!

No they only had the canvas out although when I asked about leather ones-specifically the bright blue-she did find me a pair out back but sadly too small for me. I found I had to go up a size in these as my normal size was way too tight & there are no half sizes in this style. I hope you find your pair v v soon!

Thank you! I used to own a pair a few years ago, sold them and regretted it so would be great if I could track them down. Would you mind telling me the price of the canvas ones? Thanks.

Hi yes it is very comfy. A little bit tighter on the sides but it could be because its canvas and needs to stretch a bit with wear. Still makes that annoying squeaking sound :annoyed: but in my opinion very comfy. :smile:
Just picked up an all black pair of espys. Has anyone had any squeaking issues? These are brand new and they didn't make any noise in the store but now that I'm wearing them around the house they're squeaking like crazy. Any way to resolve this? Does it go away with time? TIA!

Yes. My all black espadrille have squeaking issues when it's brand new walked on smooth surface. It will go away after you've wore the shoe for awhile, at least mine doesn't have the sound anymore. [emoji23]

Chanel changed something this new season and the espadrilles do squeak. :tdown: My other seasons don't.
I received one (beige), VERY LOUD. Posted upthread about it.
Returned. The next pair - left is much better, right slightly squeaky.
They don't get better with wear. Chanel went cheap and changed manufacturing. If enough people complain, they may switch it back.

Last edited:
Chanel changed something this new season and the espadrilles do squeak. :tdown: My other seasons don't.
I received one (beige), VERY LOUD. Posted upthread about it.
Returned. The next pair - left is much better, right slightly squeaky.
They don't get better with wear. Chanel went cheap and changed manufacturing. If enough people complain, they mauy switch it back.

Squeaky sound actually went away on my pair of black espy after couple months. I must say that I don't wear my espy often (maybe only on weekend). There's no more sound ok my pair of black. My beige/black however still have the squeaky sound as I've only worn them for 8 times. I am waiting to see if it will go away after couple months.