Chanel Espadrilles Club!

I can’t remember when I bought mine, but I remember it was before my 2nd daughter was born, and now she is 7 years old. So this espadrilles is older than 7 years..! Still comfortable with or without socks. Now we are in colder months, so I need to wear socks. :biggrin:
ABEB2695-B20D-4C77-AE94-B7135012A20F.png
5CCD5B4E-2FC7-4D59-8B19-E08D975112E3.png

Last edited:
Dear all, I am not sure if this has been asked before but since I can’t find of any such posts, could you guys help me?

My pair of espadrilles have been peeling at the front. Probably from the rubbing that I do while walking. Is there a way to fix it? Thank you.

IMG_5247.jpeg

Dear all, I am not sure if this has been asked before but since I can’t find of any such posts, could you guys help me?

My pair of espadrilles have been peeling at the front. Probably from the rubbing that I do while walking. Is there a way to fix it? Thank you.

View attachment 5829015
Hi! Looking at the leather wear pattern, it seems the leather is being scraped off, so yes, it's probably the way you walk.
No worries as everyone has a unique stride.
For me, I tend to scuff my shoes at the tip of the toe and also on the inside as in your photo. When I walk, I seem to sometimes kick the inside of one shoe with the toe from other, and poof... a scuff, especially since I wear a lot of light colored Chanels! That's life.

To fix...
I would suggest taking it to a cobbler to see what he can do. He cannot replace the leather that is lost, but he can stop future loss. I would think he could first somehow dye the spots a darker black to match the black leather.
He can also glue down the frayed pieces of leather so it will stop it from falling off. My cobbler has done that when I mess up the toe and create leather that is peeled, as in your photo. He can glue it down.

Like this peeled piece on your right shoe. Hope this helps. Take the shoe to see him sooner than later, and resist the temptation to peel off that loose leather. He can glue it back down!

Also if I may suggest... if you love this shoe and wear it often, this is a classic style, so start looking for a backup pair.
I do that a lot with the shoes I love and buy backup pairs for when the current pair wears out. Good luck!
1691162347816.png