Chanel Classic Flap - Small vs Medium vs Large sizes

i love the gst but it can get pretty heavy. i have the pst and i love it (same capacity as the poppincourt haut). of all the flaps, i like the look of the e/w the best but the roominess of the large. the jumbo is too big for me (i am just 5"1'). i still have to buy my first flap. i'm leaning more towards the beige classic med flap in caviar leather.

I dont carry too much daytime stuff around, and recently got the e/w, it is a divine bag, as you really can use it from day to night if you only really carry lipgloss, wallets, keys and a phone, but I then managed to find a medium with bijoux chain, which was exactly what I wanted. The medium for me is perfect as I am not tall, and again, dont carry too much around. I have a piccie of the e/w and my medium together here, which gives an idea of the diff in size. I would have been able to use my e/w during the day, so if it does make your hear flutter, dont discount it ;)

DSC02848.jpg

hope that helps, Im sorry I cannot compare them with LV sizes for you ;)

I have a medium classic flap. It really doesn't hold much. I have a small LV wallet for drivers license and a couple of cards and cash. If I use that, I can put my glasses in. They are in a hard case and I need to carry my rx sunglasses with me. Because of the limitations of this particular design, I only use the bag for occasions when I don't need to carry lots of stuff. I was told by a Chanel SA at Bloomingdales in NY years ago that the bag was designed to hold "cabfare, a key, and a lipstick." I treat this particular bag carefully. I have others for everyday use. ;)

I dont carry too much daytime stuff around, and recently got the e/w, it is a divine bag, as you really can use it from day to night if you only really carry lipgloss, wallets, keys and a phone, but I then managed to find a medium with bijoux chain, which was exactly what I wanted. The medium for me is perfect as I am not tall, and again, dont carry too much around. I have a piccie of the e/w and my medium together here, which gives an idea of the diff in size. I would have been able to use my e/w during the day, so if it does make your hear flutter, dont discount it ;)

DSC02848.jpg

hope that helps, Im sorry I cannot compare them with LV sizes for you ;)

Chloe-babe, is it true that you can fit the same amount in the E/W, as the medium classic flap?

Love both bags above (picture) - the medium and east/west. Is the e/w half the price of the medium?

Apparently, there's no medium and large size as I've just learned they're both the same size (10" x 6" x 3") but some call it "medium" and some call it "large". Also known as the "double-flap" bag.

Thanks sophia!

I'm guessing the only flap that can hold the LV sunnies case is jumbo though...?

Yes thats true. I have LV sunnies and the only purse they will fit into is my jumbo and my 227 size reissue.

The 226 and my medium flap are way way too small for the hard case.

I had the 226 and sold it as it just wasn't practical for my every day needs.

i took a bunch of different comparison pics of the CHanel flaps:
http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-shopping/comparison-of-226-reissue-and-jumbo-sizes-187094.html

^ Nah, I had no desire to own a Speedy as my first LV :P I do love the Flap, but I'll have to see both the GST and Flap in person first. I want a more practical piece...if I were to get a Flap I want one in pink! :nuts:

Hi, I'm new to this, my first post! I've just ordered the East West but I'm thinking I prefer a double chain, so I might exchange for the small or medium classic. Does anyone know anything about the small size? Any pics? Most people talk about the medium size but I'm worried it'll look too big on me (i don't like the appearance of the larger flaps). If someone has a pic of the small classic and preferably someone wearing it, I'd be very grateful!

Apparently, there's no medium and large size as I've just learned they're both the same size (10" x 6" x 3") but some call it "medium" and some call it "large". Also known as the "double-flap" bag.

In fact, there are two separate sizes, one that is 9 inches long, and one that is 10 inches long. Both have double flaps and double chains. The confusion stems from the fact that these are called by different names. Some call the 10" version medium, while some call it large; some call the 9" version small, while some call it medium. Therefore, one has to be extra careful when ordering or buying these sizes.