Chanel Classic Flap - Small vs Medium vs Large sizes

Ok, thanks, this information is really helpful. So is the small really small? Does it hardly fit anything in it. Is it really small compared with the east-west? I know you have given measurements but I don't have a ruler to hand! I've seen one on Mischa Barton which is a purple lilac colour and I love that size but can't work out if it's small or medium! No one really says they have the small so I'm wondering if that's because it's way too small to fit anything!

i had the same size as Mischa until today - when i exchanged it for a jumbo because it was too small! depends what you want to use it for... i want to use mine for an everyday bag and the med(large) was too small :sad:

Thank you Karma_Charmer. So is hers really the medium? It looks kind of small. And in the article in the link they are calling it a pochette. Also, I have seen pics of people on this forum holding a medium and it looks big! I am so confused! But my nearest Chanel boutique is miles away so I can't go and see them in person! I don't know what to do!! So did your Chanel medium measure 10 inches across? Because I hear there is some confusion over the sizes, even with people who work in Chanel!

^ Yes, it is the medium. Chanel flaps are quite small. Perhaps it looks big because it's actually the Jumbo and people are getting confused with the size...

Karman, I have a jumbo flap and I love it. It holds so many things and looks really fab. I get so many compliments with it. If you're going to get the jumbo flap, stick with the old chain. I know how tempting it is to get the new chain because it justifies the increased price better. But trust me, the new chain will look very bulky on the jumbo flap. Also, if you're planning to get a Chanel, do so before Nov 1st because the pricing will change toward the "unwanted" direction. Caviar Jumbo retail at $2,250 and will probably increase to $2,700.

My SA called the small/medium a "medium" and the medium/large a "large". The next size up was the jumbo. The way I could tell the "large" was the medium that people talk about on here was because of the price. So definitely ask for price when they tell you the size. It helps to figure out which bag is which size-wise. Did I confuse you more, lol?

No it's ok, I understand you Sophia! They told me that the 10 inch one was the large size (which I think is what people on here call the medium). The price is £1120 (I'm not sure of the US equivalent). Does this sound like what people here call the medium? The SA said it was 10 inch long.

^^^ sounds like the medium. jumbo is 12 inches long.

i paid £1170 for jumbo, sounds like a bargin against the medium.

i remember purchasing my medium in 2005 in heathrow for £720, the prices have certainly shot up the roof since.

I have always been LV addict but ready to convert to Chanel. Since I’m buying my first Chanel, I plan to stay with the classic flap. I was at NM for an hour but could not decide if I should get the medium or the jumbo. The SA recommended the jumbo in caviar with classic chain. They also have it in lamb skin with the new chain (no leather thread). Please help me decide.

By the way do you know if the classic flap wallet comes in caviar? The SA said it only come in lambskin. I’m just worry if it will be durable.
:confused1: