CHANEL CHIT CHAT Thread!

I have to say, I’m a newly-converted Chanel lover! I used to feel like there wasn’t anything I particularly wanted from Chanel in my collection (had the vintage classic flap in medium lambskin and everything else felt like more of the same), but now, after getting a few of the seasonal bags, I’m officially in love. I don’t think I will ever buy another classic - but I love the fun little combinations and variations in the seasonal lines!
What seasonal styles do you like? I'm the opposite, only classic flaps and reissues speak to me.

What seasonal styles do you like? I'm the opposite, only classic flaps and reissues speak to me.
I like seasonal variations of the classics - things with little unexpected touches. I recently bought a preloved iridescent black nubuck calfskin Reissue from the 2011 Metiers D’Art collection, which I just adore - it’s not the typical classic Reissue, but it’s just a little different and therefore feels more special to me. I’m not a huge fan of classic flaps because they’re a little same-same-y to me, but maybe I just haven’t found the right one!

I like seasonal variations of the classics - things with little unexpected touches. I recently bought a preloved iridescent black nubuck calfskin Reissue from the 2011 Metiers D’Art collection, which I just adore - it’s not the typical classic Reissue, but it’s just a little different and therefore feels more special to me. I’m not a huge fan of classic flaps because they’re a little same-same-y to me, but maybe I just haven’t found the right one!
I love special colors, I've recently started exploring bags other than black and it's illuminated my little handbag world!

I'm currently in the market for a unique taupe 225 from a past collection.

I have to say, I’m a newly-converted Chanel lover! I used to feel like there wasn’t anything I particularly wanted from Chanel in my collection (had the vintage classic flap in medium lambskin and everything else felt like more of the same), but now, after getting a few of the seasonal bags, I’m officially in love. I don’t think I will ever buy another classic - but I love the fun little combinations and variations in the seasonal lines!

Love it! I've almost always only chosen the seasonals! I love that there's fewer of them and they're less predictable. They definitely hold the majority in my collection, in fact I only recent got my first Classic Flap lol. I think I've been collecting around 18 years.

Love it! I've almost always only chosen the seasonals! I love that there's fewer of them and they're less predictable. They definitely hold the majority in my collection, in fact I only recent got my first Classic Flap lol. I think I've been collecting around 18 years.
Yes I feel like they’re more special to me! I know they don’t hold value as well as the classics, but I mostly buy preloved anyway, so that doesn’t bother me. I have enough bags in my collection that I don’t need an everyday bag, so having something a little different (although it might not be as easy to match outfit-wise as a classic) suits me really well!

Collecting for 18 years, wow - you must have so many special pieces by now :heart: very jealous!

I love special colors, I've recently started exploring bags other than black and it's illuminated my little handbag world!

I'm currently in the market for a unique taupe 225 from a past collection.
Oh, a taupe 225! Do you have a photo? I love the Reissue so much :heart: mine is a 224 which in retrospect is a tad small, I’m not sure if my next one should be a 225 or a 226…

Reactions: BreezyE
Oh, a taupe 225! Do you have a photo? I love the Reissue so much :heart: mine is a 224 which in retrospect is a tad small, I’m not sure if my next one should be a 225 or a 226…
Something similar to this. I have a black classic 226 and want a smaller size because the chains get too heavy with the contents. While the jumbo is heavier, the chains of the CF are much more comfortable in general.

Attachments

• IMG_2274.jpeg
    IMG_2274.jpeg
    495.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2273.jpeg
    IMG_2273.jpeg
    365.4 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: LT23 and epistolic
Something similar to this. I have a black classic 226 and want a smaller size because the chains get too heavy with the contents. While the jumbo is heavier, the chains of the CF are much more comfortable in general.
Oh that’s beautiful! I can definitely see why that would be a gorgeous addition to the collection. Do you find that the 226 is a good daily bag? I like the size of it but like you said I worry it becomes too heavy, which would dissuade me from wearing it often…

Oh that’s beautiful! I can definitely see why that would be a gorgeous addition to the collection. Do you find that the 226 is a good daily bag? I like the size of it but like you said I worry it becomes too heavy, which would dissuade me from wearing it often…
The 226 is an excellent everyday size, but you cannot put too much in it (despite its size) as it becomes uncomfortable on the shoulder and ESPECIALLY crossbody. But it's sooo beautiful 🥲 The bag itself is a featherweight.

I'm hoping that the 225 can solve my issues as I just will not be able to fit as much.

Reactions: epistolic
The 226 is an excellent everyday size, but you cannot put too much in it (despite its size) as it becomes uncomfortable on the shoulder and ESPECIALLY crossbody. But it's sooo beautiful 🥲 The bag itself is a featherweight.

I'm hoping that the 225 can solve my issues as I just will not be able to fit as much.
Ahh I see, 225 sounds more practical then. Do let us know if you ever find the taupe 225 of your dreams :heart:

Reactions: iykykcoco
If there is a better forum for this question please move admin. I have been thinking of letting go a classic caviar black jumbo which is really in like new condition because it was far too big for me. Went to a well known reseller for a quote and was told 3400 :lol:. Bag currently retails at 11.7k. I see others on their site in excellent condition marked to 6-7k and still sitting. Do you think the big bag trend will ever come back? People keep saying it will but I don’t see it happening. Do you think Chanel will stop making this size or keep upping prices. Medium and smalls and obviously mini do much better with holding value. I’ve had this bag now about eight years and debating what to do with it since it just sits. I can’t use it because it hurts my back. :sad:

If there is a better forum for this question please move admin. I have been thinking of letting go a classic caviar black jumbo which is really in like new condition because it was far too big for me. Went to a well known reseller for a quote and was told 3400 :lol:. Bag currently retails at 11.7k. I see others on their site in excellent condition marked to 6-7k and still sitting. Do you think the big bag trend will ever come back? People keep saying it will but I don’t see it happening. Do you think Chanel will stop making this size or keep upping prices. Medium and smalls and obviously mini do much better with holding value. I’ve had this bag now about eight years and debating what to do with it since it just sits. I can’t use it because it hurts my back. :sad:

I think big bags will come back (and are in the process of coming back) but the issue with the jumbo market, in my opinion, is that there are so many for sale. Because of the recent small bag trend, there are lots of jumbos for sale, and so it might be hard to move since potential buyers have a lot to choose from. Also I think a lot of people have been warned of how heavy jumbos are, and so potentially the market for single flaps is greater than for double flaps. I’m not in the industry but this is just my thought after observing the presale market for a little while.