CHANEL CHIT CHAT Thread!

I have a chance to either get my hands on a Chanel 19 small Navy or a Series 1 vintage medium CF.

I'm so torn because my mindset is in a "CF is the classic" but my life style is definitely more casual.

Help me decide!!

Hi. Does anyone know if Chanel is cheaper in Hawaii? I believe LV is 10% cheaper but I'm not sure about other luxury brands. I'm planning a trip there in the spring.
Thanks
No, unfortunately they don’t have special Hawaii pricing anymore like they used to. Last year they had special pricing on fine jewelry only. Now all merchandise are similar to mainland pricing as I’ve been told during my visit to the Kalakaua boutique 2 weeks ago. The only savings now is from the lower retail sales tax of 4.712%.

Hi

Anyone knows how to get a brand new Small Chanel Hobo Gabrielle in black ? I heard they took it from the classic line and soon will stop producing it. Is the rumour true? It’s still on my wishlist …*sighs*

Hi! I need your advice Chanel experts. :smile:
I purchased a medium flap a day before the price increase. When I got home, I noticed that the caviar leather looks flat and matte compared to my classic card holder. I prefer the shiny and puffy caviar leather. Will they still exchange it and honor the price that I paid for it? It’s only been 5 days and I got it in Saks Chanel. I texted the SA who assisted me in the boutique but he hasn’t responded.
It’s my first Chanel bag.

I purchased a medium flap a day before the price increase. When I got home, I noticed that the caviar leather looks flat and matte compared to my classic card holder. I prefer the shiny and puffy caviar leather. Will they still exchange it and honor the price that I paid for it? It’s only been 5 days and I got it in Saks Chanel. I texted the SA who assisted me in the boutique but he hasn’t responded.
From what I have heard from others, you will have to pay the new price

Reactions: Joke
Hello I was wondering if someone can clarify some Chanel language for me. When they say classic versus seasonal bag does it mean the same as permanent style? And what about colors.. is black the only permanent color or do colors from 23s or 19s (for example) ever re-emerge or do you need to get it from a reseller or hope that a similar color is introduced in the future? I am asking because some say that the seasonal bags are often of less quality and bonded leather? Thanks in advance!

Highly considering the 22 mini with pearls. Spoke to a PS on IG and says it’s shiny crumbled calfskin — does anyone have experience with this material?

Also is this too trendy??

View attachment 5734965

Many of the Reissues and Gabrielle bags are made in aged calf. It's definitely a care-free leather, and the nature of aged calf is that it's imperfect so wear is more difficult to notice. It's not a leather for everyone as it does tend to have wrinkles and other imperfections, akin to distressed jeans. If you like smooth leather and get anxious with wear then this might not be a good leather choice for you, however many find love the aged calf because it not delicate and already has wear, and therefore more care-free. Hope that helps!

I bought a WOC the day before the price increase also from Saks. When I received it, I also noticed the quilts weren’t very puffy and I asked my SA if I could exchange it for the same exact bag (with puffier quilts) and he said I would have to pay the new price.

My friend brought a white Chanel CF with some wrinkles in the back a day before the price increased. She asked when hey have a better one in the store, can she exchange it? She was told that she would have to pay a new price. It is so unfair. :sad: