Celine Triomphe Box Bag by Hedi Slimane

Hi everyone! I was wondering what your thoughts are on the likelihood of Celine releasing a version of the Triomphe bags in the future that have removable straps? I really love this bag, but I’m worried that I’d only be able to wear this with very casual looks since the strap is all leather and not removable. Thank you!
It is a wonderful bag ! I love It

Hello! I was looking at purchasing my first Celine (the Triomphe in Blue) on my trip to Europe and have read differing reviews about quality. I’m always careful with my purses but don’t want to be paranoid with it possibly scratching (if jewellery or my nails rub against it). Would love to get peoples opinions! Thank you in advance :smile:

Hello! I was looking at purchasing my first Celine (the Triomphe in Blue) on my trip to Europe and have read differing reviews about quality. I’m always careful with my purses but don’t want to be paranoid with it possibly scratching (if jewellery or my nails rub against it). Would love to get peoples opinions! Thank you in advance :smile:
It doesn’t scratch easily at all! I think the hardware actually scratches easier than the leather. I’m very impressed with the craftsmanship of the bag.

I'm getting ready to make my second luxury bag purchase and have my eye set on the Triomphe in medium, but can't decide whether to go for the classic shiny calfskin in black or the canvas version. I'm very much a casual outfit type of person and am therefore afraid the black will look too formal. I'm also a bit anxious about maintaining the leather. I'm leaning towards the canvas version right now but also feel like I'll be missing out on the black for the price I'm paying since it is so timeless and elegant. Any advice? Thanks in advance :idea:

IMG_3230.jpgIMG_3231.jpg
(Pics are not mine)

I'm getting ready to make my second luxury bag purchase and have my eye set on the Triomphe in medium, but can't decide whether to go for the classic shiny calfskin in black or the canvas version. I'm very much a casual outfit type of person and am therefore afraid the black will look too formal. I'm also a bit anxious about maintaining the leather. I'm leaning towards the canvas version right now but also feel like I'll be missing out on the black for the price I'm paying since it is so timeless and elegant. Any advice? Thanks in advance :idea:

View attachment 5853003View attachment 5853004
(Pics are not mine)
I personally prefer the black as it looks more elegant. And I think black will go just fine with casual outfit, good luck deciding!

View attachment 5853003View attachment 5853004
(Pics are not mine)
I have bags in both the shiny black calfskin (Triomphe Shoulder Bag) and the canvas (Boston Bag) and both materials can be worn casually. I’d think about your wardrobe and whether the shiny black version would be too harsh/too much with your wardrobe; depending on how light/dark your clothes are can possibly help you figure out if the black or the canvas version would be better for you. I hear you on wanting to consider the black leather but if it doesn’t go with the majority of your wardrobe, you don’t want to spend the money on something that’ll just sit in your closet. Either would be a great option…but it comes down to which would be easier to style based on your wardrobe. Good luck making your decision!

Reactions: lovingmochi
Got mine! Debated between the black shiny calfskin or the canvas before going into the store, but once I tried them on, I knew canvas was the one. I found the black one a bit too formal looking. I must say it was the best leather I've ever felt - so smooth and buttery. But now I know what people mean when they say marks and stains easily show up on the black shiny leather just from the oils and sweat on your hand. Definitely did not want to worry about that.

Absolutely love the canvas and can't wait to take it out!

IMG_3659.jpg