Celine luggage nano owners, are you still in love?

Hey! I wanted to reply to your post. I think that's a lot of pressure you're putting on yourself to think ahead 10 to 20 years. Chances are you'll be in a much different place in your life and your style might change. Just a suggestion but maybe consider enjoying the bag for the next 5 years and after that time you'll figure it out. You can always sell a luxury bag. If you LOVE a bag now, get it NOW! Enjoy your life and treat yourself without looking so far ahead into the future [emoji4]

Great advice! The best thing about luxury bags is that they hold their value really well if you take care of them. You might spend $2000 on zara fast-fashion over the course of 2-3 years, but if you buy a nano you are definitely going to be able to sell it after for nearly what you paid if you change your mind about it. If you buy pre-loved from the start you may be able to sell for what you paid. :smile:

Reactions: goldenbull
Hey! I wanted to reply to your post. I think that's a lot of pressure you're putting on yourself to think ahead 10 to 20 years. Chances are you'll be in a much different place in your life and your style might change. Just a suggestion but maybe consider enjoying the bag for the next 5 years and after that time you'll figure it out. You can always sell a luxury bag. If you LOVE a bag now, get it NOW! Enjoy your life and treat yourself without looking so far ahead into the future [emoji4]

Absolutely love this advice!!!! Now I'm really thinking ab just going for the nano!!! ;)

great advice! The best thing about luxury bags is that they hold their value really well if you take care of them. You might spend $2000 on zara fast-fashion over the course of 2-3 years, but if you buy a nano you are definitely going to be able to sell it after for nearly what you paid if you change your mind about it. If you buy pre-loved from the start you may be able to sell for what you paid. :smile:

+1!!! :d

Thanks for the suggestions! Unfortunately, I have had really bad luck recuperating money by selling bags. I hardly got anything back in the past :sad:

Maybe I am just bad at selling, and honestly, i just don't want to have to deal with the work it entails to sell something well.

Also, i don't just use the 10-20 year rule for my bags, i use it for clothes now too. i guess i am just really tired of fast fashion, and prefer to invest in solid, quality pieces.

Thanks for the suggestions! Unfortunately, I have had really bad luck recuperating money by selling bags. I hardly got anything back in the past :sad:

Maybe I am just bad at selling, and honestly, i just don't want to have to deal with the work it entails to sell something well.

Also, i don't just use the 10-20 year rule for my bags, i use it for clothes now too. i guess i am just really tired of fast fashion, and prefer to invest in solid, quality pieces.

Maybe you could try bag-borrow-steal just to try it out for awhile and see if you like it in person? Do they still do that?

Either way, I respect your method! :smile:

coming from an owner of both the nano and the SDJ, i would say the nano is hands down the most practical crossbody bag. the nano's my first luggage tote — mine's navy in smooth leather. i've had it for about 4 years now and it has been with me through rain, snow and sun :smile: it has slight scruffs but they don't really matter to me, and i would say that the smooth leather has held its shape pretty well. it's not exactly a bag that needs tons of babying, so you can definitely get a lot of wear out of it! the thought of purchasing a second nano has definitely crossed my mind, but the price now has increased quite a fair bit compared to when i first got it :-s

also, the fact that SDJ doesn't have a closure of any sort worries me slightly, and i probably will never use this bag for travelling. structure wise, yes it is sturdier, plus it gives off more of a classic vibe. perhaps i would use this a lot more if i had it in black (i got it in bubblegum pink!), but for day to day use i would prefer the nano!

Reactions: arnott
I absolutely love my nano. It fits quite a lot of things and looks stylish. It's a very understated bag. I like that you can wear it on your shoulder, handheld or crossbody. It's very versatile and I think better than the SDJ, IMO.

Reactions: BlueCherry
coming from an owner of both the nano and the SDJ, i would say the nano is hands down the most practical crossbody bag. the nano's my first luggage tote — mine's navy in smooth leather. i've had it for about 4 years now and it has been with me through rain, snow and sun :smile: it has slight scruffs but they don't really matter to me, and i would say that the smooth leather has held its shape pretty well. it's not exactly a bag that needs tons of babying, so you can definitely get a lot of wear out of it! the thought of purchasing a second nano has definitely crossed my mind, but the price now has increased quite a fair bit compared to when i first got it :-s

also, the fact that SDJ doesn't have a closure of any sort worries me slightly, and i probably will never use this bag for travelling. structure wise, yes it is sturdier, plus it gives off more of a classic vibe. perhaps i would use this a lot more if i had it in black (i got it in bubblegum pink!), but for day to day use i would prefer the nano!

Good to know it can survive the elements. I was worried when the care card said that if it comes in contact with water to dab it with a soft cloth.

Great post! I wonder do most people think of the Nano as young and cutesy? Can older gals rock it?

Last edited:
I purchased my first nano about two years ago (black pebbled leather) and purchased another a few months ago (indigo pebbled leather). I'd highly recommend it to anyone, and I still find myself reaching for my Nanos more than any other bags. They match with everything, can be dressed up or down, and cannot be beaten in terms of practicality.

With that being said, the SDJ is beautiful, and I've been eyeing it lately as well. You can't go wrong with either, but I don't think you should worry about disliking your Nano in a few years. I don't see that happening any time soon!

I'll be receiving my Indigo Nano in a couple weeks. Just wondering are all the Indigo Nanos pebbled leather? Because I'm reading about drummed leather on this forum and don't know what that is. I'm new to Celine and this will be my first one!

I'll be receiving my Indigo Nano in a couple weeks. Just wondering are all the Indigo Nanos pebbled leather? Because I'm reading about drummed leather on this forum and don't know what that is. I'm new to Celine and this will be my first one!
Grained, Pebbled, Nubby-- all basically the same. Different brands might name their leather treatments to create "exclusive" or house "speacialties" among the Luxory market. Celine's Luggage in the Grained leather is usually called Drummed or Baby Grained--- but they all look very similar.

I personally prefer the celine nano. While both bags are gorgeous, I just feel the celine nano is more/interesting while still maintaining a classic silhouette. The bag is very versatile and functional. The one drawback for me is the unadjustable strap as I stand at only 4'10. Even then, I still find myself grabbing my nano and am considering altering the straps to be shorter

Reactions: FlipDiver