Celine luggage nano owners, are you still in love?

Gemmathilde

Oct 13, 2013
Hey all, I'm debating between the Celine nano or the Saint Laurent sac de jour nano. They are both similar styles, but I'm drawn to the beautiful design of the Celine luggage's 'face''. I am concerned that the celine luggage may be too trendy and go out of style. Do any current Celine owners stand by their nano and still love them/use them to this day? And if not, why?

Reactions: chicbunbun
The Nano is the best bag I use!

It looks compact, yet holds a lot. The zipper secures my items nicely and I never thought I would be a crossbody strap kind of gal, but I've found being hands-free has come in handy.

I own many totes and shoulder bags (including an LV Citadine, Hermes Victoria II, Celine Sangle Seau, LV Neverfull and a few more), but my Nano is my favorite.

Yes, I missed the hype, I just purchased it a month ago, not five years ago. And I was a little nervous that it might look like I've missed a trend. But the functionality makes this bag timeless to me. Trendy (to me) = hype + "what was I thinking?" This bag works.

As for the face- it's a running joke in my family. My hubby sees Rosie the Robot from the Jetsons, my daughter sees the Kool-Aid pitcher and I see Wilson the volleyball/companion from Tom Hanks' movie "Castaway".

If you get one, enjoy it, walk with confidence and have fun with it- it's all about personal taste!

Hey all, I'm debating between the Celine nano or the Saint Laurent sac de jour nano. They are both similar styles, but I'm drawn to the beautiful design of the Celine luggage's 'face''. I am concerned that the celine luggage may be too trendy and go out of style. Do any current Celine owners stand by their nano and still love them/use them to this day? And if not, why?

I fell out of love with the nano quickly. Used mine a handful of times and have just sold it. It was a relief. I just didn't love it as much as when I bought it only a few months ago. I love my mini luggage much more. I also have a SDJ and much prefer this to the nano. I just didn't think the nano was worth the money for such a small bag. Even though it does fit a lot and is practical, aesthetically it doesn't seem worth the money in my opinion.

If you're slightly worried about the look ("face") of the bag, I'd suggest going for a single darker or more neutral color or an all dark-colored trio version where you don't really notice the distinct "face" that a mix of light and dark colors can give to the bag. I think it tends to look trendy when the colors are too bright (think yellow or pink) or too light against the dark outline of the face (black handles and front zipper in contrast to a white background). But with the right color and right material, the bag can look very classic.

I purchased one recently in a dark taupe goatskin and it is honestly the most practical and durable bag I've had. It holds its shape and I've even worn it out in rainstorms and there is absolutely no sign of wear. In my opinion, it is perfectly small yet really holds a ton more than you'd think it would from just looking at it. Even stuffed, I don't find that it feels too heavy and the shoulder/crossbody strap is a real plus.

They both are classic. SDJ is more structure while Luggage is more roomie. Luggage is a lot more expensive though.

I almost didn't buy a nano but I'm so glad I did and I love it far more than the Micro and the Saint Laurent SDJ. It fits everything so well and is a perfect size. I guess the only thing I don't love about it is that the strap isn't adjustable and I'm 5'4 and sometimes it bounces off my hip when I walk but it's not uncomfortable, I just wanted to add a con to the pros! Good Luck!

The Nano is the best bag I use!

It looks compact, yet holds a lot. The zipper secures my items nicely and I never thought I would be a crossbody strap kind of gal, but I've found being hands-free has come in handy.

I own many totes and shoulder bags (including an LV Citadine, Hermes Victoria II, Celine Sangle Seau, LV Neverfull and a few more), but my Nano is my favorite.

Yes, I missed the hype, I just purchased it a month ago, not five years ago. And I was a little nervous that it might look like I've missed a trend. But the functionality makes this bag timeless to me. Trendy (to me) = hype + "what was I thinking?" This bag works.

As for the face- it's a running joke in my family. My hubby sees Rosie the Robot from the Jetsons, my daughter sees the Kool-Aid pitcher and I see Wilson the volleyball/companion from Tom Hanks' movie "Castaway".

If you get one, enjoy it, walk with confidence and have fun with it- it's all about personal taste!

Lol!!! Love your running jokes! XD I would love to get a navy blue nano! The dune is gorgeous too, but I'm prone to stains and I wear a lot of jeans. I'll probably make a decision within a month.

I fell out of love with the nano quickly. Used mine a handful of times and have just sold it. It was a relief. I just didn't love it as much as when I bought it only a few months ago. I love my mini luggage much more. I also have a SDJ and much prefer this to the nano. I just didn't think the nano was worth the money for such a small bag. Even though it does fit a lot and is practical, aesthetically it doesn't seem worth the money in my opinion.

Thanks for your input! Much appreciated.

I almost didn't buy a nano but I'm so glad I did and I love it far more than the Micro and the Saint Laurent SDJ. It fits everything so well and is a perfect size. I guess the only thing I don't love about it is that the strap isn't adjustable and I'm 5'4 and sometimes it bounces off my hip when I walk but it's not uncomfortable, I just wanted to add a con to the pros! Good Luck!

I'm concerned ab the strap length on the nano. I'm only 5'3", and I think the strap may be too long for me.

I was deciding between the Celine Nano and the SDJ Nano too. I was so obsessed with Celine that I spent money on a preloved Mini even though I was broke. At that time I couldn't even see any Saint Laurent bags in person because there are no stores in my country. When I went to Singapore I went to both Celine and Saint Laurent to decide which one to get. Before my trip I was leaning towards the Celine but when I got there I just didn't feel it even though I tried different colours at two Celine stores.

The moment I tried the SDJ Nano I fell in love with it. It looks contemporary and chic yet timeless. Because it has a Birkin feel to it, the SDJ looks more classy while the Celine looks more like a trendsetting bag.

My advice is wear them on you. When it feels right, you know you found the right bag

I was deciding between the Celine Nano and the SDJ Nano too. I was so obsessed with Celine that I spent money on a preloved Mini even though I was broke. At that time I couldn't even see any Saint Laurent bags in person because there are no stores in my country. When I went to Singapore I went to both Celine and Saint Laurent to decide which one to get. Before my trip I was leaning towards the Celine but when I got there I just didn't feel it even though I tried different colours at two Celine stores.

The moment I tried the SDJ Nano I fell in love with it. It looks contemporary and chic yet timeless. Because it has a Birkin feel to it, the SDJ looks more classy while the Celine looks more like a trendsetting bag.

My advice is wear them on you. When it feels right, you know you found the right bag

Thanks for the tip!!! I actually did have the chance to try on both. I love the leather and feel of the Celine nano, but the SDJ did feel more timeless. I'll have to go back and try them on again :smile:

I purchased my first nano about two years ago (black pebbled leather) and purchased another a few months ago (indigo pebbled leather). I'd highly recommend it to anyone, and I still find myself reaching for my Nanos more than any other bags. They match with everything, can be dressed up or down, and cannot be beaten in terms of practicality.

With that being said, the SDJ is beautiful, and I've been eyeing it lately as well. You can't go wrong with either, but I don't think you should worry about disliking your Nano in a few years. I don't see that happening any time soon!

Reactions: pixel_munchkin
I purchased my first nano about two years ago (black pebbled leather) and purchased another a few months ago (indigo pebbled leather). I'd highly recommend it to anyone, and I still find myself reaching for my Nanos more than any other bags. They match with everything, can be dressed up or down, and cannot be beaten in terms of practicality.

With that being said, the SDJ is beautiful, and I've been eyeing it lately as well. You can't go wrong with either, but I don't think you should worry about disliking your Nano in a few years. I don't see that happening any time soon!

Thanks for the advice! Black and indigo are such gorgeous colors! I'm actually thinking of getting a navy nano or something in that range of dark blue.

I would love to see pictures from you beautiful nanos :heart: