Celine Chitty-chat club!

Hi Matryoshka.ca,

The Edge is indeed discontinued. I've got one in ox blood red and it is gorgeous. It is a very elegant design, that really holds a lot of stuff. I love that is is quite structured. It really dresses up a casual outfit. On the con side: Because the bag is roomy you can easily overstuff it, which makes the design a bit droopy.....Especially since there is just one handle. Plus it is better to put it down when you want to get something out of the bag, also because of the one handle situation.
I haven't been wearing it lately, but that is more due to my other bags than the design and functionality of this beauty.

Thank you very much for your reply!

In case anyone wants a red similar to Celine red spring summer 2016 -- this Cuyana bag in "scarlet" is a close match. I decided not to keep the bag Bc I was hoping for more of a reddish brown saddle bag. It's gorgeous nonetheless!

IMG_1471649056.889396.jpg

Hello all Celine addicts!!

Have a question for you, guys - what happened to Celine Edge? Is it discontinued? Does anyone has it? If yes - how do you like it?

Thanks!!!
Hello Matryoshka.ca,

Yes like what chicceline mentioned, the Edge is unfortunately discontinued. I have two Celine Edges, one in black drummed and another in red smooth leather. Both bags are gorgeous and i find that there is an understated elegance to it. I've had the red Edge for over a year now and it has still held up perfectly even though when i stuff my work and gym stuff in it everyday. I also like that it's really practical because with the long zipper it's so easy to get in and out of.

I think some Celine boutiques still stock it even though it is not displayed. You just have to ask the SA if they have it, that's how i got my black Edge last month :heart:

Hello Matryoshka.ca,

Yes like what chicceline mentioned, the Edge is unfortunately discontinued. I have two Celine Edges, one in black drummed and another in red smooth leather. Both bags are gorgeous and i find that there is an understated elegance to it. I've had the red Edge for over a year now and it has still held up perfectly even though when i stuff my work and gym stuff in it everyday. I also like that it's really practical because with the long zipper it's so easy to get in and out of.

I think some Celine boutiques still stock it even though it is not displayed. You just have to ask the SA if they have it, that's how i got my black Edge last month :heart:
Last month??? Good news, thank you!

Can anyone please advise me on whether smooth or drummed leather holds up better?
I want to purchase a nano luggage but not sure which to get - I don't mind the look or either but I want to know which is more likely to sag after some time? Which holds up better? Any advice would be great! :smile:

Can anyone please advise me on whether smooth or drummed leather holds up better?
I want to purchase a nano luggage but not sure which to get - I don't mind the look or either but I want to know which is more likely to sag after some time? Which holds up better? Any advice would be great! :smile:

Pick which ever one you love the most because I have smooth and it had held up exceptionally well. It does scratch more easily, but I've hit mine at times and thought oh god. It's ruined. But there has been nothing there. Hth!

If you can find a goatskin nano, I've found that leather to be absolutely the most durable. I've worn mine nearly every day now for a year and it holds up great: incredibly durable, water resistant, and has held up its shape perfectly.

Pick which ever one you love the most because I have smooth and it had held up exceptionally well. It does scratch more easily, but I've hit mine at times and thought oh god. It's ruined. But there has been nothing there. Hth!
Thanks so much for replying :smile: I totally forgot to check back, I think I've decided on drummed just because it's the only one I can find with SHW and I prefer that's hehe.

If you can find a goatskin nano, I've found that leather to be absolutely the most durable. I've worn mine nearly every day now for a year and it holds up great: incredibly durable, water resistant, and has held up its shape perfectly.
Thank you for your response :smile: what's a goatskin nano? I've only ever knew about smooth vs grained/drummed! Not sure about Celine stuff as I haven't gotten anything from them. :s

Thanks so much for replying :smile: I totally forgot to check back, I think I've decided on drummed just because it's the only one I can find with SHW and I prefer that's hehe.

Thank you for your response :smile: what's a goatskin nano? I've only ever knew about smooth vs grained/drummed! Not sure about Celine stuff as I haven't gotten anything from them. :s

Céline has more than three leathers. Two or three different types of "smooth" alone. (There's a non coated one. And coated one and one other one?) When I buy bags I always research the leather. How it's processed, if it's coated and how well it does in rain. If you find a really knowledgable SA it's actually really interesting!! You'll become so much more obsessed with the brand.
I know you were wondering about wear but you should definitely go into a Céline closest to you and touch all the leathers look at destroyed ones on eBay so you can see how they possibly wear and if there is any color transfer/which on is more apt to have that problem etc.

Reactions: styleministry
Céline has more than three leathers. Two or three different types of "smooth" alone. (There's a non coated one. And coated one and one other one?) When I buy bags I always research the leather. How it's processed, if it's coated and how well it does in rain. If you find a really knowledgable SA it's actually really interesting!! You'll become so much more obsessed with the brand.
I know you were wondering about wear but you should definitely go into a Céline closest to you and touch all the leathers look at destroyed ones on eBay so you can see how they possibly wear and if there is any color transfer/which on is more apt to have that problem etc.

Thank you again for a very informative reply! :smile: That's very interesting! I honestly had no idea haha never owned any Celine leather goods. I am usually more a Chanel person :smile: I wish there was a Celine around but there isn't for me - but looking on ebay to see the wear and tear is a great idea - I will do that!

Hello, I have been a purseforum member for several years, usually lurking in Christian Louboutin. However, recently I purchased an immaculate Boogie Bag on ebay for a steal! I wanted to see if it would suit my needs, and it looks like it will do that and more! My question for you dear ladies is, was the Boogie Bag made in different sizes? Mine is aprox 12.5" long... TIA! :smile: