Caved in for a bordeaux paddington

cute puppy krissy!

here's pic of my baby.
P20726.jpg

i know the whole strap thing falling off problem... which is why i suppose i always see celebs carrying it on their arm... and not on their shoulders!

Bjara said:
Isn't that mall a kick? All those people walking their fluffy little foo-foo dogs.

Was it really crowded? I might head down there tomorrow. :idea:

Heh. We were one of those, took our 5 mo-old puppy out for an adventure and got my 8 yr old son a haircut.

Wasn't too crowded when we got there about 11a, but by the time we left at 2:30, it was jammed.

star3777 said:
Holt renfrew in Montreal! They have a green hobo paddy now! Which Holt Renfrew are you talking about regarding the stunning metallic spy!!!!!!:nuts:

There's a metallic spy hobo sitting in the Fendi display case in the Toronto (Yorkdale) location Holt right now as I'm typing this !!!

Augh, I so wished I could have taken it home !

ayla said:
There's a metallic spy hobo sitting in the Fendi display case in the Toronto (Yorkdale) location Holt right now as I'm typing this !!!

Augh, I so wished I could have taken it home !

NO way!!!!!!! I am calling my sister now, she lives near Bloor street. She won't just check it out for me she'll only go if I am definetly buying it.:sad2: She's busy. So can you tell me is it super shiny?-that'll be too much for me. Or is the turquise really apparent (copper coated folds of turquise leather).Do you remember? I'll call tomorrow.Are the straps braided leather or metallic?(I have seen both versions on the net). I wish one of us could get the metallic spy!

star3777 said:
NO way!!!!!!! I am calling my sister now, she lives near Bloor street. She won't just check it out for me she'll only go if I am definetly buying it.:sad2: She's busy. So can you tell me is it super shiny?-that'll be too much for me. Or is the turquise really apparent (copper coated folds of turquise leather).Do you remember? I'll call tomorrow.Are the straps braided leather or metallic?(I have seen both versions on the net). I wish one of us could get the metallic spy!

It's not super shiny, kind of a matte metallic colour. You should talk to the Holt in Montreal and see if they'd transfer the bag for you ! The handles were not metallic, they were braided brown leather. Oh I hope you manage to get it ! :nuts:

ayla said:
It's not super shiny, kind of a matte metallic colour. You should talk to the Holt in Montreal and see if they'd transfer the bag for you ! The handles were not metallic, they were braided brown leather. Oh I hope you manage to get it ! :nuts:

I don't know anymore. I have been thinking of buying a metallic bag for so long but now love my red paddington so much, I'm looking around for another one! whiskey, the one from the new spring collection. what do you think?

star3777 said:
I don't know anymore. I have been thinking of buying a metallic bag for so long but now love my red paddington so much, I'm looking around for another one! whiskey, the one from the new spring collection. what do you think?

That would be awesome ! I love the colour, I wish I could trade bag closets with you ! ;)

Oh a question to you, were you on a waitlist for your Paddy or did you just pick it up on a stroke of luck? Holt's said that it wouldn't waitlist for Fendi, so I was wondering if it was true for other brands (since I was on a list for my popincourt and that was at the Holt's in downtown Toronto).

ayla said:
That would be awesome ! I love the colour, I wish I could trade bag closets with you ! ;)

Oh a question to you, were you on a waitlist for your Paddy or did you just pick it up on a stroke of luck? Holt's said that it wouldn't waitlist for Fendi, so I was wondering if it was true for other brands (since I was on a list for my popincourt and that was at the Holt's in downtown Toronto).

That sounds a bit strange. I was on the wait list for the fendi velvet squirrel spy bag and they specifically asked me which color. So there must be a wait list. I thought that it was hideous in real life, so I passed it up. Two of the burgandy's sold the next day. The black one which was for a girl from Dubai passed that one up. Now it has been sent to Calgary. Alex, (you can ask for him) the SA always calls me when a new bag comes in that is difficult to aquire. I have been working with him for years. EEno, the Fendi manager at Holt Renfrew can help you with a wait list....I'm looking around for the whiskey!:toung:.....oh ya, Alex called me to inform me of the red paddy, I saw it - and grabbed it.

star3777 said:
That sounds a bit strange. I was on the wait list for the fendi velvet squirrel spy bag and they specifically asked me which color. So there must be a wait list. I thought that it was hideous in real life, so I passed it up. Two of the burgandy's sold the next day. The black one which was for a girl from Dubai passed that one up. Now it has been sent to Calgary. Alex, (you can ask for him) the SA always calls me when a new bag comes in that is difficult to aquire. I have been working with him for years. EEno, the Fendi manager at Holt Renfrew can help you with a wait list....I'm looking around for the whiskey!:toung:.....oh ya, Alex called me to inform me of the red paddy, I saw it - and grabbed it.

Wow, Holt Renfrew is supposed to offer consistent service too ! Well, it could be because I was at a really small one at the edge of Toronto when I asked, their bag counter was so small, nothing like the one downtown !

And I think I will look into that, I just don't have enough ties (e.g. I don't buy enough bags.. yet :lol:) for SAs to phone me and tip me off ! Hopefully I'll be able to end up with that Paddington, so long as I actually manage to luck out and that my bank account approves of it ! :smile: