Cartier SM love bracelet on its own, plain or 6 diamond?

Ooh that is hard! I’ve seen it stacked both ways and both look great. Personally, the juc isn’t really my style but I love it on other people. You can’t go wrong with either but because I prefer the Love, then I’d pick two thin loves. However, if you like the juc, then I’d pick juc so you have one of each style and can also wear them separately for different looks.
I agree with the above. The size of the diamonds on the small just is not worth it. Tiny diamonds really have very little value. As a person who felt very similar to you having not worn a bracelet for years, I think it is easy to think the classic may be too much initially and it would be easier to go for the small, which I did and now wished I had just gone for the classic - as now I have both. Maybe it worked out for the best because I got the 4 diamond classic now which I may not have initially gone for the first time around.

I feel that if you get the small, you will love it so much and after a while, it looks very lonely and then you will wish you owned the classic, which can stand on its own and does not need a companion. I think you should just go for the classic and be over and done with it especially if you intend it for a "forever" bracelet.

The investment is greater in the long run. Comparing the two, the classic is way more "bang for the buck".
I totally see your point , since it is going to be a forever bracelet I’m seriously considering the classic for the exact reason, to get it over with and not feel the need to purchase another bracelet after the sm (which I know I most likely will)

which is why I thought i would stack with another sm, juc sm or a classic , though I would prefer to not stack. So confusing haha!

Reactions: rileygirl
I totally see your point , since it is going to be a forever bracelet I’m seriously considering the classic for the exact reason, to get it over with and not feel the need to purchase another bracelet after the sm (which I know I most likely will)

which is why I thought i would stack with another sm, juc sm or a classic , though I would prefer to not stack. So confusing haha!
I would go for the diamond but the larger as the diamonds are as big as the screws . I also have a diamond clou also and wear them together sometimes too on their own without the plain love bracelets

Attachments

• 7D1C4862-0266-41B3-A337-48A86F9A8CA7.jpeg
    7D1C4862-0266-41B3-A337-48A86F9A8CA7.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 393
I would go for the diamond but the larger as the diamonds are as big as the screws . I also have a diamond clou also and wear them together sometimes too on their own without the plain love bracelets
I know they are very scratched but you shouldn’t clean more than once a year

your love bracelets look stunning on you! I’m definitely considering the half diamond half screw in the classic size if I don’t go for the sm since as you mentioned the diamonds are much larger and worth the investment:loveeyes:

Reactions: sewist
your love bracelets look stunning on you! I’m definitely considering the half diamond half screw in the classic size if I don’t go for the sm since as you mentioned the diamonds are much larger and worth the investment:loveeyes:
Thanks Hun yea would definitely make a good investment getting the classic x you will wear it forever

Reactions: z11778
My jewelry is also quite thin (my engagement ring is the Étincelle from Cartier). My husband offered me the classic Love years ago and I don’t think it looks to big with them. I would go for the classic and might get a thinner one later. That is what I am planning to do by the way ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 470
I was also debating between classic and small for a while. I went to try both in boutique a few times to compare, and while I loved the look of the classic I felt it was too chunky and uncomfortable for me to wear 24/7 since I always take my jewellery off as soon as I get home (even wedding rings).

I wear a size 16 (14.5cm wrist) but I found the small MUCH more comfortable than the classic in this size, and also felt less restrictive. I also felt too paranoid about potentially losing the classic as it comes in two parts, so I couldn’t commit!

I’m also quite minimalist with jewellery, so I mainly lean towards daintier pieces. But I am considering to add another piece to stack in the future (potentially another small), although it looks beautiful alone especially if you have a smaller wrist like Lily Collins! :lol:
B26AE924-1154-4EF4-9D6B-A30A19778FD6.png

I was also debating between classic and small for a while. I went to try both in boutique a few times to compare, and while I loved the look of the classic I felt it was too chunky and uncomfortable for me to wear 24/7 since I always take my jewellery off as soon as I get home (even wedding rings).

I wear a size 16 (14.5cm wrist) but I found the small MUCH more comfortable than the classic in this size, and also felt less restrictive. I also felt too paranoid about potentially losing the classic as it comes in two parts, so I couldn’t commit!

I’m also quite minimalist with jewellery, so I mainly lean towards daintier pieces. But I am considering to add another piece to stack in the future (potentially another small), although it looks beautiful alone especially if you have a smaller wrist like Lily Collins! :lol:
View attachment 4927853
I’ve been trying to find a picture of a celebrity wearing a sm love alone haha so thank you for this! Since I’m also considering stacking another small if I did go for it, I’m kind of swaying between both for my decision since 2 sm does look like the classic :whut: like you I do prefer daintier pieces and wasn’t sure about the classic when I went to try it in store, hoping I’ll make up my mind soon:eek::yahoo:

Did you decide? I’ve been reading this post because I’ve been debating the same thing. Thought I wanted the cuff because it looks like the classic without the commitment (I can’t have a bracelet on 24/7) but realized I didn’t love the opening and I’m in between sizes. I surprisingly liked the small love in person although I wasn’t expecting to, and was underwhelmed with the plain version and was drawn to the small with diamonds both times I tried it on. It looks really amazing paired with the small diamond juc. However, I didn’t try my actual size in the small plain love paired with the small diamond juc but not sure how much of a difference the right size would make. But after reading everyone’s opinions, I’m second guessing my purchase and wondering if it’s dumb to have spent such a large amount of money for the small diamond version vs the regular. However, even the size and price difference for the classic love vs the classic with four diamonds is absurd too, although the diamonds look much larger that’s for sure.

I’ve been trying to find a picture of a celebrity wearing a sm love alone haha so thank you for this! Since I’m also considering stacking another small if I did go for it, I’m kind of swaying between both for my decision since 2 sm does look like the classic :whut: like you I do prefer daintier pieces and wasn’t sure about the classic when I went to try it in store, hoping I’ll make up my mind soon:eek::yahoo:

Reactions: RosiePx and z11778
I wear the sm love yellow gold with 6 diamonds 24/7 on its own on my right hand. Its so comfortable plus I don’t like the clinging or weight of the gold when stacked ( I have RA). I also like my dainty jewellery so the small bangle actually still feels quite substantial. If I go out and want a bit more i would stack my other Cartier small bracelets on my left arm. I’ve seen the actress from Elite ( Danna Paola) wearing the sm on its own. I think stacked looks are so nice but also love appreciating pieces on their own even though most people say they don’t like the sm on its own. i wear a 17 btw :smile:90D2D096-7D36-4EFF-BE96-A8B8531D5FFC.png393B79F8-C26C-45F3-9F02-026691B86FC0.png

Last edited:
Did you decide? I’ve been reading this post because I’ve been debating the same thing. Thought I wanted the cuff because it looks like the classic without the commitment (I can’t have a bracelet on 24/7) but realized I didn’t love the opening and I’m in between sizes. I surprisingly liked the small love in person although I wasn’t expecting to, and was underwhelmed with the plain version and was drawn to the small with diamonds both times I tried it on. It looks really amazing paired with the small diamond juc. However, I didn’t try my actual size in the small plain love paired with the small diamond juc but not sure how much of a difference the right size would make. But after reading everyone’s opinions, I’m second guessing my purchase and wondering if it’s dumb to have spent such a large amount of money for the small diamond version vs the regular. However, even the size and price difference for the classic love vs the classic with four diamonds is absurd too, although the diamonds look much larger that’s for sure.
I’ve been trying to weigh out my decision by watching some YouTube videos about the sm bracelet and I’m definitely going to go for the diamond version if I get the sm version:blush: you shouldn’t regret getting the diamond version as it is a beautiful piece and I totally agree that the plain sm is underwhelming in a way. I truly believe jewelry is an investment and it should only be the one you truly adore and if it’s the diamond one so be it , it’s beautiful either way! As for the classic with diamonds , the price difference is quite large as well but as stated the diamonds are much bigger. Hope you enjoy you sm w diamonds and I’m honestly thinking to get that one as well!:loveeyes:

I wear the sm love yellow gold with 6 diamonds 24/7 on its own on my right hand. Its so comfortable plus I don’t like the clinging or weight of the gold when stacked ( I have RA). I also like my dainty jewellery so the small bangle actually still feels quite substantial. If I go out and want a bit more i would stack my other Cartier small bracelets on my left arm. I’ve seen the actress from Elite ( Danna Paola) wearing the sm on its own. I think stacked looks are so nice but also love appreciating pieces on their own even though most people say they don’t like the sm on its own. i wear a 17 btw :smile:View attachment 4937664View attachment 4937665
Wow the bracelet looks gorgeous on you! I’m hoping to get the same combination (yellow gold w diamonds) , and as you said I totally agree that the bracelet looks beautiful on its own, though many say otherwise. Surprisingly enough elite is one of my favorite shows and the bracelet looks great on the actress , and doesn’t feel like it’s too thin at all! Thank you so much for your pictures I really appreciate it:blush:

Reactions: aniik
I’ve been trying to weigh out my decision by watching some YouTube videos about the sm bracelet and I’m definitely going to go for the diamond version if I get the sm version:blush: you shouldn’t regret getting the diamond version as it is a beautiful piece and I totally agree that the plain sm is underwhelming in a way. I truly believe jewelry is an investment and it should only be the one you truly adore and if it’s the diamond one so be it , it’s beautiful either way! As for the classic with diamonds , the price difference is quite large as well but as stated the diamonds are much bigger. Hope you enjoy you sm w diamonds and I’m honestly thinking to get that one as well!:loveeyes:

I’ve been watching YT videos like crazy, haha. Yeah you are right, it is an investment and I should get the one I truly adore. And Cartier jewelry is in another league and holds its value.

I was thinking I’d be happy with the plain small love with the small diamond juc, but at the end of the day I’d be lying if I said I didn’t love the small love with diamonds more. It looks amazing alone but also looks amazing with the small diamond juc. BUT there is something classic about the plain small love paired with small diamond juc. Omg I’ve been giving myself a headache trying to figure this out, ahahaha. I’m equal parts wanting to get what I love more coupled with practicality.