Cartier silk cord bracelets

me+bags=love

May 30, 2008
i have a cartier trinity bracelet from a few yrs back that i'd like to get the cord replaced. surprisingly the cord is in perfect condition even tho i wear it everyday and never take it off. just tired of the color....can anyone tell me if cartier charges for getting the cord changed and how much?

I do not own one myself, but I have read on this forum that it depends on the Cartier store or and/or repair salesperson, with no hard and fast rule. Some people have never gotten charged and seem to change a lot and some have been charged. You might want to do a thread search.

Hi, i have never been charged, in fact I have been given a couple of extra silk cords in different colours each time !! This was at London Heathrow and Beverly Hills. Good luck. :biggrin:

I know when I purchased my Charity bracelet at the LV Forum Shops Cartier, they initially tried to charge me $18!!!!! for that piece of silk cord.......when I looked at them like they had a third eye, they re-thought that and ended up giving it to me. Are you kidding me $18 for that piece of silk????? That's craziness! If you spend the money they charge for the Trinity or Charity, an extra should be thrown in and should you need another one or color change down the road, that too should be a 'given'.......not a purchase. Just IMO.

Yes, I was told an extra cord or two would be given, no charge, when a purchase was made. Not so initially but IMO $18 is a lot to ask for nothing more than a piece of .50 siilk cord - I don't care if it's coming out of Cartier or not. It is what it is. Plus you just spent $700 on the bracelet, the cord should be complimentary no matter what boutique you're in or the SA you're dealing with.

When you get the silk cord changed, do you get to keep the old cord or do they throw it away/ cut it to get it off?
I would really love one of these bracelets but dont live anywhere near a C store - do they change the cord if you send it to them - or is it something that I could change myself if necessary?

I have the single white gold/diamond ring from 2008. I have changed my cord MANY times, white, hot pink, gray, black, etc and it was free EVERY time, I am in Southern California.

The Sales persons were always very kind, always encouraging me to come back and change up the colors for free any time I got bored.

Hi!

I love these and now that I own 2 of them I would like to know how do you guys take care of them? I know that the cord can be easily replaced and its not a big deal, but I mean on daily basis, do you get them wet? Shower with them? I find it difficult sometimes to put them on and ask my husband to help me so I'm wondering if i can wear them for a couple of days?

Your feedback and advice are highly appreciated..