Cartier Love Bracelet Sizing Thread!

My husband was leaving so I gave him the package to drop at FedEx. I did get the authorization number to send it back so it’s tagged properly also.

View attachment 5751344

View attachment 5751345
My Love bracelet just came (size 16) and sadly it’s tight and too snug for my liking. It was uncomfortable when I turned my arm/wrist the other way. Also stopped at the wrist bone and was tight pushing it over. I called and they said I can exchange but it can take up to 14 days to go through the inspection. I’m not sure if I should return and purchase the size 17 or wait for the exchange. The issue is that I’m leaving next Friday for FL and we won’t be home in case it comes while we are away. Here are some photos. It is stunning and I can’t wait for my size 17. I’m too impatient. I’ll probably just order it now.

My husband was leaving so I gave him the package to drop at FedEx. I did get the authorization number to send it back so it’s tagged properly also.

View attachment 5751344

View attachment 5751345

View attachment 5751346

View attachment 5751347
Hope the 17 is a better fit for you!

Reactions: pinkgirl713
Maybe it depends on our wrist shape. For me, between 15 and 16, I see a relatively huge difference. 16 sits on my hand (passes the wrist bone when my hand is down), but 15 doesn’t. It just sits above the wrist bone (again, when my hand is down) just like your photo of 16.
View attachment 5751479

I’m on the unpopular team snug-fit and I chose 15. Because I do not prefer the bracelet resting on my hand. With 15, I hardly feel it on me. I also have a 16 (sm love) and I do feel it. At times I have to like lift up my hand and wriggle the sm love so that it gets out of the way of my hand, if you get what I mean.

And another reason why I feel comfy with 15 is because the slimmest part of my arm is long (not long-long but long enough for the movement of the Love). Some people’s wrist may taper quickly so this may be a part that contribute to comfort (or not). And this is also to be considered when the plan is to stack 2 or 3 bracelets in future; meaning you can’t start too snug or else the rest of the bracelets are gonna feel too tight as the stack heads towards the elbow direction.

Not sure if I’m saying this clearly …
Looks so nice on you! Love it

Reactions: Purrsey
Left (non dominant) wrist towards forearm - 14.3-14.5 cm, wrist bone - 14.8 cm. I feel 16 is pretty comfortable on my left hand most of the time.

Right (dominant) wrist - 14.5-14.8 cm (varies with cold or heat), wrist bone - around 15 cm. And here the 16 bracelet cannot slip over the bone on its own, only by force.

My perfect formula is when the non dominant wrist is 2 cm smaller than the love bracelet size, and the dominant wrist is 1.5 cm smaller. Then you can have both versions - exact fit and comfortable loose fit. Then during hotter seasons you can always wear it on non dominant arm, during colder seasons on dominant hand.
For me 1 cm difference is way too tight, 2.5 cm is too big. So 16.5 would be my perfect size in a perfect world lol :smile:
I chose 17. Yes, it still feels a bit too big, but I feel so much relieved. 16 seemed unsafe to me, and if it got stuck on my wrist bone it could literally hurt the bones on the sides of my wrist from the sudden movement of the hand.

Last edited:
I noticed Cartier updated their sizing. While I still went larger than the chart suggest for my love, it might be a good tool for those in between.

View attachment 5753437
- The above size charts are for recommendation only. Your ideal size may vary based on your fit preference
This is so interesting. According to this I should be 15 Love, 14 JUC and 14 Clash. I can barely get a 15 Love on, 15 JUC is a little tight on me at the nailhead (but loose enough elsewhere), and Clash 14 is correct.

I think people should still try on one size above or below their suggested size because wrists may be a little different shape which changes the bracelet fit/sizing.

I chose 17. Yes, it still feels a bit too big, but I feel so much relieved. 16 seemed unsafe to me, and if it got stuck on my wrist bone it could literally hurt the bones on the sides of my wrist from the sudden movement of the hand.
Glad you were able to decide on your final size! Does it bother you still when it slides down your arm to your hand or are you getting used to it?

Glad you were able to decide on your final size! Does it bother you still when it slides down your arm to your hand or are you getting used to it?
It still does. But I hope I get used to it. The bracelet inside becomes a little wet from the skin and a little sticks to the skin, so it doesn’t slide down at such a speed anymore. I try to get it higher towards the elbow where it could be held.

For me, the decisive moment against 16 was when I leaned on my palm while sitting on the couch, the bracelet was stuck with screws on the protruding wrist bone on one side and injured another bone on the opposite side, and this left a small bruise from the screw there. I imagined how this could continue in the future, especially in the summer. Below is a photo (#1) of the position of the hand, in which I was most uncomfortable and marked the point where the screws pressed hard on the bone the most. I would recommend measuring your wrist in this position in general (photo #2), my wrist gets a little bigger when I do it. Sorry for such pics, I could not explain better :smile:

DCC1C462-0829-4300-B2E0-ABD4D5F2B217.jpeg

I noticed Cartier updated their sizing. While I still went larger than the chart suggest for my love, it might be a good tool for those in between.

View attachment 5753437
- The above size charts are for recommendation only. Your ideal size may vary based on your fit preference
It looks like I’m template fitting. Love15 / Juc14 / Clash14, however a Love16 would sit much better together with Clash14.

Last edited:
It still does. But I hope I get used to it. The bracelet inside becomes a little wet from the skin and a little sticks to the skin, so it doesn’t slide down at such a speed anymore. I try to get it higher towards the elbow where it could be held.

For me, the decisive moment against 16 was when I leaned on my palm while sitting on the couch, the bracelet was stuck with screws on the protruding wrist bone on one side and injured another bone on the opposite side, and this left a small bruise from the screw there. I imagined how this could continue in the future, especially in the summer. Below is a photo (#1) of the position of the hand, in which I was most uncomfortable and marked the point where the screws pressed hard on the bone the most. I would recommend measuring your wrist in this position in general (photo #2), my wrist gets a little bigger when I do it. Sorry for such pics, I could not explain better :smile:

View attachment 5753692
Thanks so much for your detailed message! I love the images you shared!
I actually picked up the 16 yesterday and it doesn’t bother me at all when I move my hands but it finds a spot on my arm and stays there. I woke up this morning and had indents on my arm that were pretty deep but not painful so I’m not sure if this is normal!
I asked my SA to put the tape on the bracelet so I don’t scratch it if I wanted to exchange for a 17.
What do you think?

6823A17C-44E9-46A3-8D3A-E627FA913838.jpeg

D0123E28-F2FE-4E6C-8F8A-21CB11193045.jpeg

Thanks so much for your detailed message! I love the images you shared!
I actually picked up the 16 yesterday and it doesn’t bother me at all when I move my hands but it finds a spot on my arm and stays there. I woke up this morning and had indents on my arm that were pretty deep but not painful so I’m not sure if this is normal!
I asked my SA to put the tape on the bracelet so I don’t scratch it if I wanted to exchange for a 17.
What do you think?

View attachment 5754507

View attachment 5754508
Some marks are fine I think. How far can you move the bracelet from the bone of your wrist towards your elbow?

It’s about 2 inches or 5cm.
I’m second guessing if it is too snug and should exchange for 17!

View attachment 5754528

View attachment 5754529
I feel you. More than once you will return in your thoughts to 17, and then again to 16, then again to 17 back and forth :smile: none of them are perfect if you are in between sizes. This 5 cm distance looks a bit too snug for me, but as long it doesn’t hurt it can be fine. Also try it on another hand. And think, what if one day you will need to switch it to another hand for some reasons. If it’s even more snug there, then I would size up. If it’s more loose and comfortable then maybe this is your right one.