Cartier Love Bracelet Sizing Thread!

I agree. I don’t like how low 17 drops on my palm. But 16 won't climb over the bone at all, only if I force it, and it's uncomfortable when the bracelet gets stuck in the middle of the bone :sad:
This is 16 on my non dominant left hand. On my right hand (where I want to wear it) it’s even a bit worse and on my right hand. I can’t turn the bracelet over even if I force it manually and the movement there is maximum 1-1.5 inch :sad: sigh…

View attachment 5750510
What is your wrist size at the bone?

Mine currently measures 15cm so I’m hoping size 16 will work okay for me. My wrist over the bone is 14-14.2cm so I’m hoping the 16 won’t be too big and slide doesn’t too far.

If only they had 16.5!

What is your wrist size at the bone?

Mine currently measures 15cm so I’m hoping size 16 will work okay for me. My wrist over the bone is 14-14.2cm so I’m hoping the 16 won’t be too big and slide doesn’t too far.

If only they had 16.5!
Left (non dominant) wrist towards forearm - 14.3-14.5 cm, wrist bone - 14.8 cm. I feel 16 is pretty comfortable on my left hand most of the time.

Right (dominant) wrist - 14.5-14.8 cm (varies with cold or heat), wrist bone - around 15 cm. And here the 16 bracelet cannot slip over the bone on its own, only by force.

My perfect formula is when the non dominant wrist is 2 cm smaller than the love bracelet size, and the dominant wrist is 1.5 cm smaller. Then you can have both versions - exact fit and comfortable loose fit. Then during hotter seasons you can always wear it on non dominant arm, during colder seasons on dominant hand.
For me 1 cm difference is way too tight, 2.5 cm is too big. So 16.5 would be my perfect size in a perfect world lol :smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: pinkgirl713
Left (non dominant) wrist towards forearm - 14.3-14.5 cm, wrist bone - 14.8 cm. I feel 16 is pretty comfortable on my left hand most of the time.

Right (dominant) wrist - 14.5-14.8 cm (varies with cold or heat), wrist bone - around 15 cm. And here the 16 bracelet cannot slip over the bone on its own, only by force.

My perfect formula is when the non dominant wrist is 2 cm smaller than the love bracelet size, and the dominant wrist is 1.5 cm smaller. Then you can have both versions - exact fit and comfortable loose fit. Then during hotter seasons you can always wear it on non dominant arm, during colder seasons on dominant hand.
For me 1 cm difference is way too tight, 2.5 cm is too big. So 16.5 would be my perfect size in a perfect world lol :smile:
It’s totally messing with my mind. I really hope I don’t have to go to a 17. That seems big and looser than I would want.

Do you have both bracelets right now? Or do you plan to go back and buy in store once you decide on the size?

So do you plan to stack the bracelet in the future? I’m guessing when I get the JUC, I won’t want it to go over the bone towards my hand anyways but I don’t plan to always keep the JUC on, only when going out for events/date nights.

My Love bracelet just came (size 16) and sadly it’s tight and too snug for my liking. It was uncomfortable when I turned my arm/wrist the other way. Also stopped at the wrist bone and was tight pushing it over. I called and they said I can exchange but it can take up to 14 days to go through the inspection. I’m not sure if I should return and purchase the size 17 or wait for the exchange. The issue is that I’m leaving next Friday for FL and we won’t be home in case it comes while we are away. Here are some photos. It is stunning and I can’t wait for my size 17. I’m too impatient. I’ll probably just order it now.

My husband was leaving so I gave him the package to drop at FedEx. I did get the authorization number to send it back so it’s tagged properly also.

5F59437E-7D12-460D-8844-42BFD3C6DC58.jpeg

B6F797A8-108F-4933-B026-26E905D6E042.jpeg

7FCCC327-240C-4375-97C8-29F019388650.jpeg

548708C9-79D7-4F08-BC7E-71A46EF11D00.jpeg

Reactions: MsKaren
I agree. I don’t like how low 17 drops on my palm. But 16 won't climb over the bone at all, only if I force it, and it's uncomfortable when the bracelet gets stuck in the middle of the bone :sad:
This is 16 on my non dominant left hand. On my right hand (where I want to wear it) it’s even a bit worse and on my right hand. I can’t turn the bracelet over even if I force it manually and the movement there is maximum 1-1.5 inch :sad: sigh…

View attachment 5750510

The 16 was awkward sitting over my wrist bone when my arm was hanging down. Same for me, I had to force it down and ut still looked awkward. I should have taken a photo of it but forgot to.

I’m hoping 17 will work better without being too loose.

My wristbone made it worse for me.

My Love bracelet just came (size 16) and sadly it’s tight and too snug for my liking. It was uncomfortable when I turned my arm/wrist the other way. Also stopped at the wrist bone and was tight pushing it over. I called and they said I can exchange but it can take up to 14 days to go through the inspection. I’m not sure if I should return and purchase the size 17 or wait for the exchange. The issue is that I’m leaving next Friday for FL and we won’t be home in case it comes while we are away. Here are some photos. It is stunning and I can’t wait for my size 17. I’m too impatient. I’ll probably just order it now.

My husband was leaving so I gave him the package to drop at FedEx. I did get the authorization number to send it back so it’s tagged properly also.

View attachment 5751344

View attachment 5751345

View attachment 5751346

View attachment 5751347
What a bummer especially you’ve been excited to be receiving this 16. And this is what most of us have had experienced similarly too before finding THE one ;)

This does look like not much allowance for movement/hot days.

Now we shall wait for you to update on the 17!

What a bummer especially you’ve been excited to be receiving this 16. And this is what most of us have had experienced similarly too before finding THE one ;)

This does look like not much allowance for movement/hot days.

Now we shall wait for you to update on the 17!
Ok so you can see how much smaller it is on me too right? I was second guessing myself on the 17 but I just need to try it.

I’m tempted to just do the return and go to the store when we’re in Ft Lauderdale next weekend to try it in store. Google says the resort is 5 miles (15 min drive) to Aventura mall where there is supposedly a Cartier store. I hear the price increase is happening April 15 or 18 so debating if I should chance it for the store at this point so I can try it first and make sure size 17 works better. Also would have a chance to try the small JUC in person as well to know what size to get in the future. Been debating if I should go for it now or wait until Christmas.

Reactions: thisisit
Ok so you can see how much smaller it is on me too right? I was second guessing myself on the 17 but I just need to try it.

I’m tempted to just do the return and go to the store when we’re in Ft Lauderdale next weekend to try it in store. Google says the resort is 5 miles (15 min drive) to Aventura mall where there is supposedly a Cartier store. I hear the price increase is happening April 15 or 18 so debating if I should chance it for the store at this point so I can try it first and make sure size 17 works better. Also would have a chance to try the small JUC in person as well to know what size to get in the future. Been debating if I should go for it now or wait until Christmas.
Nothing beats trying the sizes in store, plus all other lovely pieces. Since you’ve got a chance to do so, it sounds perfect.
I believe you’ll see a significant difference in 17. And if you’re planning to stack, the more it should not be too snug.
Maybe part of the fun is to wear the Love for a bit first, enjoy its solo beauty (than overwhelmed all at once with the juc?). Spread the excitement lol.

But the price hike is no fun for sure. Either way, update us!

Reactions: pinkgirl713
Nothing beats trying the sizes in store, plus all other lovely pieces. Since you’ve got a chance to do so, it sounds perfect.
I believe you’ll see a significant difference in 17. And if you’re planning to stack, the more it should not be too snug.
Maybe part of the fun is to wear the Love for a bit first, enjoy its solo beauty (than overwhelmed all at once with the juc?). Spread the excitement lol.

But the price hike is no fun for sure. Either way, update us!
Do you think the size 17 will be that much larger/looser? That’s my biggest concern. I’m hoping it’s a snug fit but goes over the wrist bone without forcing it over.

I was going to buy the JUC now too but didn’t want to take away from my Chanel CFs I had already planned to get so the Love will be perfect for now. I’ll patiently (impatiently) force myself to wait for the JUC with diamonds I really love. Also will be good to try it on in store with a Love bracelet to see how I like it.

Omgosh I can’t wait for next weekend now! I need to get my butt into Cartier lol.

Reactions: thisisit
Do you think the size 17 will be that much larger/looser? That’s my biggest concern. I’m hoping it’s a snug fit but goes over the wrist bone without forcing it over.

I was going to buy the JUC now too but didn’t want to take away from my Chanel CFs I had already planned to get so the Love will be perfect for now. I’ll patiently (impatiently) force myself to wait for the JUC with diamonds I really love. Also will be good to try it on in store with a Love bracelet to see how I like it.

Omgosh I can’t wait for next weekend now! I need to get my butt into Cartier lol.
Maybe it depends on our wrist shape. For me, between 15 and 16, I see a relatively huge difference. 16 sits on my hand (passes the wrist bone when my hand is down), but 15 doesn’t. It just sits above the wrist bone (again, when my hand is down) just like your photo of 16.
E4450A6B-E63E-4191-A7B5-A7947F03A3C5.jpeg

I’m on the unpopular team snug-fit and I chose 15. Because I do not prefer the bracelet resting on my hand. With 15, I hardly feel it on me. I also have a 16 (sm love) and I do feel it. At times I have to like lift up my hand and wriggle the sm love so that it gets out of the way of my hand, if you get what I mean.

And another reason why I feel comfy with 15 is because the slimmest part of my arm is long (not long-long but long enough for the movement of the Love). Some people’s wrist may taper quickly so this may be a part that contribute to comfort (or not). And this is also to be considered when the plan is to stack 2 or 3 bracelets in future; meaning you can’t start too snug or else the rest of the bracelets are gonna feel too tight as the stack heads towards the elbow direction.

Not sure if I’m saying this clearly …

Maybe it depends on our wrist shape. For me, between 15 and 16, I see a relatively huge difference. 16 sits on my hand (passes the wrist bone when my hand is down), but 15 doesn’t. It just sits above the wrist bone (again, when my hand is down) just like your photo of 16.
View attachment 5751479

I’m on the unpopular team snug-fit and I chose 15. Because I do not prefer the bracelet resting on my hand. With 15, I hardly feel it on me. I also have a 16 (sm love) and I do feel it. At times I have to like lift up my hand and wriggle the sm love so that it gets out of the way of my hand, if you get what I mean.

And another reason why I feel comfy with 15 is because the slimmest part of my arm is long (not long-long but long enough for the movement of the Love). Some people’s wrist may taper quickly so this may be a part that contribute to comfort (or not). And this is also to be considered when the plan is to stack 2 or 3 bracelets in future; meaning you can’t start too snug or else the rest of the bracelets are gonna feel too tight as the stack heads towards the elbow direction.

Not sure if I’m saying this clearly …
Yes it makes sense! Ok so the 16 I felt looked silly since it sat above my wrist bone.

I did print the Cartier sizing chart instead of using the measuring tape I had and according to that I think my wrist bone is actually 15.5cm and not 15cm like my measuring tape showed. That would make more sense why the 16 was stuck above my wrist bone.

I would show a pic but it was so hard to do it on my own it kind of tore up and I just ripped it off after I measured ha ha.

The plan is definitely to try on in store and I’ll make the appointment. I feel better now that I know there’s a location in Aventura Mall and it’s 15 minutes from where we’ll be.

Yes it makes sense! Ok so the 16 I felt looked silly since it sat above my wrist bone.

I did print the Cartier sizing chart instead of using the measuring tape I had and according to that I think my wrist bone is actually 15.5cm and not 15cm like my measuring tape showed. That would make more sense why the 16 was stuck above my wrist bone.

I would show a pic but it was so hard to do it on my own it kind of tore up and I just ripped it off after I measured ha ha.

The plan is definitely to try on in store and I’ll make the appointment. I feel better now that I know there’s a location in Aventura Mall and it’s 15 minutes from where we’ll be.
Lol yes I understand the measuring ourselves part.

This is what I meant. My love still has up down movement as there’s room for it to slide. We are all made so differently so yes nothing beats the physical trying at Cartier, despite what the tape says.
5DD60726-F0EA-497C-B474-1E87BC1A8438.jpeg

Lol yes I understand the measuring ourselves part.

This is what I meant. My love still has up down movement as there’s room for it to slide. We are all made so differently so yes nothing beats the physical trying at Cartier, despite what the tape says.
View attachment 5751505
Yes and it looks great on you. I like that it doesn’t go even further down your arm. That’s the perfect spot for it to stop at too and it looks stunning on you.

Reactions: Purrsey