Cartier LOVE *Bracelet* Discussion Thread!

Ive read alot about cartier white gold love bracelets turning grey? Can anyone describe to me what they mean? I have the tiffany atlas diamond bracelet in white gold and its really old but still looks like white gold. Cartier I would expect to have high quality white gold too so why would it turn grey but my tiffany doesnt? Sorry if this is a dumb question and thank you :smile:
IIRC, Cartier's plain white gold bracelets are not rhodium plated which means they aren't as bright white as some white gold jewellery. Tiffany white gold is definitely rhodium plated.

I don't know whether Cartier will rhodium dip their plain pieces upon request. Personally I think the Cartier 'grey' gold is pretty, it's just different and I know some people would prefer their white gold Love bracelet to match their rings.

Hi all,

My friend (not very close) wants to sell me her cartier and that I have seen the piece as well. I'm considering now.

Can I ask if it is normal the other inner side of the bracelet to be stamp with "750" and towards left? It looks like in this picture.

I have seen some real ones with the "750" right at the centre. Any idea?

Attachments

• DSC_1276_zps5e2f0040.jpg
    DSC_1276_zps5e2f0040.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,903
Last edited:
IIRC, Cartier's plain white gold bracelets are not rhodium plated which means they aren't as bright white as some white gold jewellery. Tiffany white gold is definitely rhodium plated.

I don't know whether Cartier will rhodium dip their plain pieces upon request. Personally I think the Cartier 'grey' gold is pretty, it's just different and I know some people would prefer their white gold Love bracelet to match their rings.
What is the covering they do on the white gold/diamond loves? The woman I spoke to told me they dipped it for her because it kept turning gray prematurely. I guess she made the mistake of thinking it was rhodium

As I understand...White gold diamond pieces are rhodium plated. Pieces without stones are not. I was told by my SA that they plate the diamond pieces only because the stones are set flush with the metal so that makes polishing more difficult…so I was told! When I had my plain white gold Love rhodium plated because I was having a reaction to it they called the NY workshop to OK it. Normally they would not rhodium plate it. They charged a ridiculous amount, if I were to have it done again I would not go to Cartier. I think the rhodium has pretty much worn off by now and I love the color of the white gold. I wear it with other white gold pieces from other jewelers and the difference in color is so subtle nobody would ever notice unless they were trying very hard. I never would have realized it was a grayer white gold if I hadn't read about it here.

Another interesting thing about Cartier gold…their pieces are pink gold, not rose gold…Hence the comments that their rose gold is not very rosey!

The only thing I'm worried about is the word grey makes me instantly think they will look dull and matt
I love the shininess of gold and how it glistens in the sunlight iykwim which is why I prefer White gold over silver
Will a plain white gold love still glisten and shine in years to come ? Sorry if I'm not making much sense
I don't mind it not being as white as my other white gold and if it's just noticeable to you being pointed out here it can't be THAT bad right ?
It's just got me questioning it since reading it here

As I understand...White gold diamond pieces are rhodium plated. Pieces without stones are not. I was told by my SA that they plate the diamond pieces only because the stones are set flush with the metal so that makes polishing more difficult…so I was told! When I had my plain white gold Love rhodium plated because I was having a reaction to it they called the NY workshop to OK it. Normally they would not rhodium plate it. They charged a ridiculous amount, if I were to have it done again I would not go to Cartier. I think the rhodium has pretty much worn off by now and I love the color of the white gold. I wear it with other white gold pieces from other jewelers and the difference in color is so subtle nobody would ever notice unless they were trying very hard. I never would have realized it was a grayer white gold if I hadn't read about it here.

Another interesting thing about Cartier gold…their pieces are pink gold, not rose gold…Hence the comments that their rose gold is not very rosey!

Hi all,

My friend (not very close) wants to sell me her cartier and that I have seen the piece as well. I'm considering now.

Can I ask if it is normal the other inner side of the bracelet to be stamp with "750" and towards left? It looks like in this picture.

Yup, looks very real to me. I have two bracelets (bought in 2013 and 2014) and they have the same stamp, same place. Buy it ;)

Hi all,

I got mine last month and I checked, don't have the 750 anywhere..

Hi both, thanks for the reply...

She bought it in 2011 so maybe older versions have them.

Other than the 750 stamp there, the rest including screw everything looks real. Even the box. I read an article where that lady mentioned that the inner box should be black and the holder is covering the bracelet (not the bracelet covering the holder).

I'm quite convinced to get it just that 750 stamp that worries me. Haha.

Iheartorange, How much did u bought it for last month? In Singapore or? She is selling me at US$5,300...

Hi both, thanks for the reply...

She bought it in 2011 so maybe older versions have them.

Other than the 750 stamp there, the rest including screw everything looks real. Even the box. I read an article where that lady mentioned that the inner box should be black and the holder is covering the bracelet (not the bracelet covering the holder).

I'm quite convinced to get it just that 750 stamp that worries me. Haha.

Iheartorange, How much did u bought it for last month? In Singapore or? She is selling me at US$5,300...

My DH got it for me for my 30th but according to the US site, it's $6600 before tax. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404869009.377122.jpg

Going today to engrave my ring. I also want to try the Love bracelets. Do the staff let u take a selfie pic of it on u? I can just say pic is for my husband to see...

I went to the store at saks in NYC, the SA there won't let me try it on.. I was only able to get a size with their sizer bracelets. They said they won't let me try on as they will need to put the screws on.

I went to the store at saks in NYC, the SA there won't let me try it on.. I was only able to get a size with their sizer bracelets. They said they won't let me try on as they will need to put the screws on.

When I bought my love ring I ask if Im.able to try the bracelet. She said yes of course but was in a rush. I didnt take my ring in for engraving. I still have abt three months to do it. But Id be six weeks without it so cant part with it yet. Its the Melbourne boutique in Australia. They have displays so I guess there the ones for try on.