Cartier LOVE *Bracelet* Discussion Thread!

Hi! I just purchased a thin love bracelet in rose gold size 17 to stack with my regular gold love in size 17. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to go in person so I ordered online thinking the sizing would be the same. However, when I tried them on, I noticed the thin love was slightly bigger than my regular one and they didn’t line up exactly. Has anyone else experienced this?

My original love bracelet is from 2007 so it is the older locking mechanism where you have to remove both screws. Thank you!

Reactions: missie1
Hi! I just purchased a thin love bracelet in rose gold size 17 to stack with my regular gold love in size 17. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to go in person so I ordered online thinking the sizing would be the same. However, when I tried them on, I noticed the thin love was slightly bigger than my regular one and they didn’t line up exactly. Has anyone else experienced this?

My original love bracelet is from 2007 so it is the older locking mechanism where you have to remove both screws. Thank you!

I have read of one user stating something similar as they had a very older model of Love also (possibly the one with the removable screws); however, generally speaking, the newer models of same size Loves line up.

In what way is the smaller bigger? Sizing or gold height, etc?

My best guess would either be: 1. Older models have more gold weight (a Neiman Marcus SA told me this) or 2. If your classic is thinner and has been polished several times, then it has lost gold weight and thus, it is thinner?

Reactions: scheurin

My wife has all three of the screw versions in the classic Love over the last 15 years. She recently added a thin and it lines up perfectly. However, I can't speak to all sizes or styles.

I have read of one user stating something similar as they had a very older model of Love also (possibly the one with the removable screws); however, generally speaking, the newer models of same size Loves line up.

In what way is the smaller bigger? Sizing or gold height, etc?

My best guess would either be: 1. Older models have more gold weight (a Neiman Marcus SA told me this) or 2. If your classic is thinner and has been polished several times, then it has lost gold weight and thus, it is thinner?

I think the diameter or shape is slightly different. Here are some pictures. It might be a little hard to tell since one is rose gold and one is yellow gold. I double checked and they both say 17 so I’m confused.

C59DD351-D151-4B42-96A9-776B0E975A11.jpeg

8883ED47-6E18-40BF-AB5D-50BE0FCB57E2.jpeg

64A9E511-4447-48E3-9F42-C6789E8722E8.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: lil tote
I think the diameter or shape is slightly different. Here are some pictures. It might be a little hard to tell since one is rose gold and one is yellow gold. I double checked and they both say 17 so I’m confused.
I have read a complaint on this forum that the thin love has a more “square” shape but I haven’t personally compared the two. Maybe that’s the issue here when you hold them next to one another? How do they look when stacked on your arm?

I’d love to see if anyone else with a reg and thin love stack in the same size has this issue!

I have read a complaint on this forum that the thin love has a more “square” shape but I haven’t personally compared the two. Maybe that’s the issue here when you hold them next to one another? How do they look when stacked on your arm?

I’d love to see if anyone else with a reg and thin love stack in the same size has this issue!

I can notice a slight difference on my arm too. I will need to take a picture of it later but this is certainly puzzling. I decided to make an appointment at the boutique to get the sizing checked out by a SA so will give an update when I hear their opinion :smile:

Weird. I have a thin and regular as well. Both plain. No diamonds and my regular is from 2009 (old screw system). They sit perfectly flush together.