Cartier Love Bangle Bracelet vs. Cuff

Thank you all again for your thoughts and suggestions! Life and work has kept me incredibly busy and I haven’t yet been able to make it into a store.

I hsve a business trip coming up and realized that if I end up purchasing a bracelet or cuff, it would be great to not have to pay LA or OC sales tax. I’ll be in Boston shortly and figured that I’d give that store a try. Yes, there’s sales tax, but it’s less than what I’d normally have to pay ;)

Anyone have experience with the Boston store and their stock? I’m going to give them a call to see what’s available in a bit.

Reactions: js2367
I originally owned the cuff but ended up selling it as:
1) I need to take jewelry off for my work and it was too fiddly
2) I'm a neat freak and I noticed a smell with the bangle at the screws. I ended up using my Clarisonic to clean it everyday during my shower, then blowdrying it, but it would still occasionally have that smell.
3) I bought it in rose gold, which I later decided didn't suit my skin tone as much as yellow gold.

I sold it after about a year and then bought a cuff in yellow gold (with a diamond), which I love. I wear it 24/7, don't have issues with it smelling, and of course it is easier to take off when I need to. It is also very secure and doesn't come of without you wanting it to.
Hi there what did you mean by the smell? I am planning to get one this kind of threw me off

If the cuff fits you well, it is great! It does not and is not intended to fit like the full size bangle. The cuff runs smaller, because it is supposed to fit lower on the wrist and not move around like the bangle. My wrist measures 16 cm, and the size 17 cuff fits me perfectly. With the size 18, I would get caught on the opening of the bracelet
and so that size didn’t work for me. The 17 cuff fits a finger’s width above the bone on my wrist. The bangle in a size 17 is larger than the cuff and can be spun around on me if necessary.

I can't totally tell from your pics but I tend to agree if you have daintier wrists/arms I think the thin is lovely (the regular is my fav but I do really like delicate things too!) ... if your wrists are larger I'd go with the more proportionate standard size.

Finally got my cuff yesterday and glad to hear of other runners that prefer it to the bracelet!! I’m sure many people run with the bracelet too but I really like taking ALL my jewelry off sometimes even my studs.

This is my current dilemma. I can only have one bracelet & the classic bracelet will never be within budget. I have tiny wrists so I expect to be size 15 thin Love & size 16 cuff.

Have you tried these on? That usually sways someone in one direction or another. :smile: The fit of the cuff is more oval than a closed bracelet (thin or regular), so it suits some wrist shapes and not others.

I have the cuff (6 years old now) and have zero regrets. I like the more substantial look of the full-width bracelet, even though my wrists are on the smaller size as well (size 17 cuff).

I had the same ‘dilemma’ myself at the beginning of last year. Since I’m not allowed to wear jewellery at work I needed a piece I could take on and off easily. I loved the look of the original love bracelet so initially thought I’d get the cuff. However whilst I loved the aesthetic of it, the shape of it didn’t suit me at all in that when I turned my wrist it would get stuck in the opening. I think it just doesn’t fit as well on some wrists as it does on others. I tried and thin/small love bracelet and was pleasantly surprised at how much I preferred it to the cuff! I have had my thin love in YG for over a year now and wear it pretty much every day. No regrets on making that choice. I think if you have a dainty wrist the thin love does look lovely on its own although I know some people feel it lacks presence (mine is a 17 and I wear it mostly on its own). HTHs!