Carrying a pochette when over thirty

Definitely suitable for any age! A great evening bag for the essentials! I saw someone mention that you can put it in larger bags also. Great idea! Never thought of that. You can buy it then get something larger later.

I am over 40 and find them indispensable. They can be used several different ways. My fav is with a long strap for lightwieght handsfree shopping trips. They are also great when traveling; can be dressed up or down.

A pochette is extremely versatile, you won't regret having one...or more.

at the school i taught at, that was lv that the girls carried. (all authentic, too- affluent town.) however, it is a great bag, and it could be a great first bag. once you saved up for another (as lvs are addictive), it could go right in to your bigger bag and carry your smaller items! i also like the bag yeuxhonnetes suggested. it's a bit more substantial. good luck!!!

M&M: I'm almost 29...I have panda pochette, graffiti pochette, cerises pochette & cherry blossom pochettes. I am also in academia (I think you're a PhD student too if I remember).
I don't think there is anything wrong with a pochette at all!
I don't think it looks too young-ish or anything like that.
The only thing I will say is that it is a bit small and doesn't hold a lot....but you can easily throw it in your backpack (or whatever you use at school).
I always get compliments on my pochettes (especially panda!) too.
I say go for what you want/love and don't let anything like the age thing get in the way!

I don't think there's any age limit on bags. If you love it, carry it!

I use my cerises pochette by itself all the time, and I'm over 40. It's cutesy, but the cherries just make me smile!

ayla said:
No way ! And I always see tons of business ladies carrying the cute little Burberry pochette all the time at work ! :yes: There's no age limit on bags. :graucho:
I agree! I love pochettes and I'm over 30, besides, 30 is the new 20;)

If it looks good on you, you love it, then BUY IT. No one is going to say anything negative about it. The pochette serves so many purposes as already mentioned here. In my view, it's a staple to any LV collection whether you have an established collection or not. Good luck deciding!

poutine said:
you just buy what you want and wear how you want it, as long as you love it. i never thought abought age when it comes to buying anything, just as long as i love it.

I totally agree! just bought a Cerises pochette and a Mono pochette and I'll be 34 in December. I don't think the pochette is "too young" at all. I'll use it when I don't need to carry a lot or when I go out at night.
When did 30's become old anyway...LOL.
Geez,please don't make be be a teen or in my 20's again... 30's is too good! :yahoo:

Also, I don't see too many teens/younger girls carrying real LV. I'm proud to be in my 30's and can buy the real deal!! :yes:

The only reason I would think of the pochette as 'young' is since it doesn't really carry much and my thinking is young girls don't have much to lug around. KWIM?

Personally I like the pochette. IMO the plain mono (no cerises, pandas etc) looks nice and classy and not kiddish IMO except for its small size.

(Not sayign I don't like the cerises or pandas I do, but they could make the pochette look like a young person's bag).

I don't think there is anything wrong with carrying a pochette over the age of 30. It's a great evening bag and wonderful with quick errands, etc, when you don't need a large bag. I think pochettes are cute and definitely aren't limited to "younger" people.