Carrying a pochette when over thirty

addictedtolv said:
I'm almost 38 and I use my Mono Pochette Accessoires as an evening bag with the extender. Looks very elegant according to my DH!

Yes,it works great as an evening bag as well as wearing jeans! A extender certainly add a little something more glamour to the bag. I am almost 30 and I wouldn't mind carrying my pochette. If you think the size is good for you, GO FOR IT!!!

i agree!

yeuxhonnetes said:
if you want something a little more unique, go with the Recital :yes:. my mom has that, and she'll be 49 in two weeks :P. it can probably hold a little more than the Pochette Accessoires, and the cute flap top makes it less common

p10392976_ph_hero.jpg

yeuxhonnetes said:
if you want something a little more unique, go with the Recital :yes:. my mom has that, and she'll be 49 in two weeks :P. it can probably hold a little more than the Pochette Accessoires, and the cute flap top makes it less common

p10392976_ph_hero.jpg

:nuts: I like this better!:love:

If you like it and want it now, then get it!!!! The only reason i think it might look like a younger bag is because it's small, but if it fits your things then no problem. And later if you want a bigger bag, you can still use the pochette to hold smaller things inside your bigger bag!

The Snorks said:
I have always hated having to follow prescribed roles: women over thirty should cut their hair, women over thirty should wear less color, blah blah blah.:rant: All of those rules seem so antiquated to me now. If it looks good and makes you feel good, then by all means, wear it!
What was it that I read the other day? Oh yeah, 30 is the new 20, and 40 is the new 30! :lol:

I 2nd this big time:yes: one life to live, so enjoy what you like.

Heeeeeeeeey, I am over 30 and I got one about a month or so ago. I never even though a certain age could not carry any LV bag. I just get what I like and keep on movin'!!!

I think maybe you should wait and save for the recital or the Speedy. I think the pochette might end up being too small for you because you will probably want to put quite a few things in it. I had a panda pochette and I sold it because it was just too small. Also, I can see why you would think the pochette is for younger women. All I usually see carrying the pochette ARE much younger women. BUt its whatever YOU want.

I hope it'll still be okay when I turn 30 next year! I've had my pochette since my early 20's and I still love it! Even if you find that it's looking funny on you, I find it very versatile, and often put in inside another biger bag to help things organized - ie keeping my makeup separate.

I'm over 30 and have one pouchette- a mongram and I love it.
If I had a multicolour one I would wear that one too.:P
I think LV looks stylish on people of all ages, hence our addictions:nuts: