CARING for your RM bag...

Thank you for this care thread! I am looking to purchase a RM bag for the first time. I read the hardware thread that is locked, and wasn’t necessarily able to find the info I’m looking for. For the new RM bags, is the silver hardware silver plated brass? I’m looking at used bags and noticing some tarnishing that I worry couldn’t be reversed. Example pic included.

IMG_1208.jpeg

Thank you for this care thread! I am looking to purchase a RM bag for the first time. I read the hardware thread that is locked, and wasn’t necessarily able to find the info I’m looking for. For the new RM bags, is the silver hardware silver plated brass? I’m looking at used bags and noticing some tarnishing that I worry couldn’t be reversed. Example pic included.

View attachment 5818623
Do you know what the lining is? I'm honestly not sure what that particular HW is..

sorry, I'm sure this has been asked before but has anyone used Applegarde or similar spray protectant on SW bags? My sage bag is prone to getting marks on it from damp hands, etc. I don't recall whether I sprayed it when I first got it but I don't think so. would spraying damage it? would it work to protect it?

edit - I did find a post from @Shelby33 where she said she sprayed her blue SW with kiwi and it was fine

Last edited: