CARING for your RM bag...

I have a light gray mini MAC. I thought it had some denim transfer on the back, so I used Apple cleaner, but now I think I've worn away some color (maybe it was worn away already and wasn't transfer.) Anything I can do to repair this?

Sorry to hear this. From personal experience (not with RM but other bags), Apple cleaner can be too harsh. I stick to the conditioner mostly now. Wish I could help. Denim transfer is such a PITA.

I read all about care but for some reason missed the recs not to use Apple Cleaner unless it's really bad. Fortunately the rubbed off part is on the side of the bag that faces my body, so it's still wearable, but it will bug me to know it's there after only a few wearings.

Maybe just think of it as a learning experience with an affordable brand, so when you one day upgrade to higher end brands you will know well how to protect and take care of those leathers. That's what I told myself with the bag I ruined in the past, haha.

I just bought the Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac in a Hot Orange colour and I am wondering how to protect/care for this bag!? This is my very first RM bag and I want to try to keep colour transfer (jeans, dark clothing etc) to a minimum! Thanks.

There is a lot of leather care advice in the other forums. Try the Coach one, I find that thread pretty useful. Also there is a leather rehab expert called DocRide in the Hermes forum, she is pretty amazing. I have heard good things about Lexol, Cadillac and Blackrocks but have not personally used these. I use Kiwi Protect-All spray on my bags and it seems to work fine. Some people also have tips on how to wash jeans so that they don't stain... It's all here in Purseforum, just gotta search for it!

Helloo..
Just want to ask, has anyone ever experienced color transfer from the blue RM dustbag? I stored my red MAC in its dustbag for couple months and when I took it out it has sort of bluish stains all over, especially visible on the edges. I thought maybe it was due to humidity, since I haven't waterproof it. But then I used the dustbag to store my MK bag and now it has the same stain all over. Not as bad as my RM bag since it hasn't been in the dustbag for that long.
I tried to upload pics but I keep getting error message.

Helloo..
Just want to ask, has anyone ever experienced color transfer from the blue RM dustbag? I stored my red MAC in its dustbag for couple months and when I took it out it has sort of bluish stains all over, especially visible on the edges. I thought maybe it was due to humidity, since I haven't waterproof it. But then I used the dustbag to store my MK bag and now it has the same stain all over. Not as bad as my RM bag since it hasn't been in the dustbag for that long.
I tried to upload pics but I keep getting error message.

Oh no, that's terrible! I only have one of the blue dustbags and it is for a blue bag so I haven't experienced this problem but you better notify the RM team! I hope they will change the dustbags.

I just got a rose gold mini five zip for my younger cousin as a starter bag. (She's 22.) I want to tell her how to care for it or even include products with the gift. I think she favors light denim since her style is pretty boho, but I want to earn her about denim transfer. Does that tend to happen with light metallic bags too? Thanks!

I just looked up my can of Kiwi Protect-All and it says safe for use with leathers, suede and nubuck so I think weatherproofing spray is pretty neutral. If she sprays the back well, hopefully it makes any transfer easy to wipe off with wipes so she can avoid using a cleaner. which is what I think might hurt the finish.

Is there anything that can be done to fix wear on the hardware of the bag? The type of wear on my bag is shown in the uploaded pic.

Thanks!
There is nothing you can do to restore it to the way it was... Hardware tarnishes over time. But if you want to try a DIY project, Rub n Buff makes a rose gold coloured wax metallic finish you can try.

I bought Cadillac Select leather lotion for my Chanel wallet and it worked like a charm. I want to use it on my RMs too. I have a light grey Matinee and my favorite, a wine Nikki. What do you gals use to condition your bags to bring that suppleness of the leather back?