Caring for Chanel CAVIAR Leather

Hi everyone! I have a beautiful black Chanel M/L classic flap in caviar leather bought in 2013/2014.

Long story short, I decided to condition the bag with Cadillac leather conditioner (3 layers), as I felt like the leather was quite dry compared to my other bags from different years. But I may have potentially made things much worse.

I was shocked when I took my bag out today (first time since I conditioner it 1 month ago), and noticed that the leather is extremely dull, and that maybe I went overboard with the conditioner.

Does anyone know if there’s a way of fixing this and how I can bring the original shine back?

Hard to tell in the photo, but it is definitely a LOT more dull compared to the caviar on my card holder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_6298.jpeg
    IMG_6298.jpeg
    356.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_6302.jpeg
    IMG_6302.jpeg
    356.5 KB · Views: 69
Hi everyone! I have a beautiful black Chanel M/L classic flap in caviar leather bought in 2013/2014.

Long story short, I decided to condition the bag with Cadillac leather conditioner (3 layers), as I felt like the leather was quite dry compared to my other bags from different years. But I may have potentially made things much worse.

I was shocked when I took my bag out today (first time since I conditioner it 1 month ago), and noticed that the leather is extremely dull, and that maybe I went overboard with the conditioner.

Does anyone know if there’s a way of fixing this and how I can bring the original shine back?

Hard to tell in the photo, but it is definitely a LOT more dull compared to the caviar on my card holder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Hardly doubt you ruined the leather with conditioner. If anything, leather conditioner should shine the leather up not dull it. Every batch and season of Chanel's caviar is going to differ so it's most likely that your card case just had a shinier caviar from the start than your bag did.

34B3F7E1-6CC9-4E9A-9938-534C7C38A0ED.jpeg11DD8EEB-0923-458C-8D91-87F54BE222A2.jpegHey Chanel friends! Took my WOC out just to admire her and somehow, I found a dark black streak and a few spots on the bottom edges. I already used some conditioner and cleaner, and after many wipes, this is the closest I can get to having it clean.

I’m honestly kind of devastated and I have no idea what the stain can be. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could clean this further, or is my only option to have it painted to go back to its pristine condition?

Hi ladies, my Medium Flap is only 3 years old but already has a crease at the back near the right stitch (area near the left stitch is fine). I tried apply leather conditioner but it doesn't go away. Should I take it to spa before the crease become permanent? Or has it now become permanent? Anyone having success of removing this can you please share how you did it? Thanks

Attachments

• Crease.jpg
    Crease.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Hi ladies, my Medium Flap is only 3 years old but already has a crease at the back near the right stitch (area near the left stitch is fine). I tried apply leather conditioner but it doesn't go away. Should I take it to spa before the crease become permanent? Or has it now become permanent? Anyone having success of removing this can you please share how you did it? Thanks
This is a leather bag, and it’s going to crease in this area where the flap opens and closes. I wouldn’t be concerned about it.

Thank you ! I went to boutique today to try on the small CF. The caviar leather of the one in boutique is blacker & softer than mine. Now I can’t unsee it. The gaps between the grains are not really black in mine. A bit grayish black. I can’t remember what it was originally. How's your black caviar? did it get less black with use?

Thank you ! I went to boutique today to try on the small CF. The caviar leather of the one in boutique is blacker & softer than mine. Now I can’t unsee it. The gaps between the grains are not really black in mine. A bit grayish black. I can’t remember what it was originally. How's your black caviar? did it get less black with use?
Hey I hear you! My black caviar classic flap isn't as rich black as I would prefer either, but they vary bag to bag. I noticed it looks different with lighting. In the night it looks rich enough, but during the day it falls a little flat. It is what it is but no it's not loosing it's color.