Can U Tell?

The 1st heat stamp is way off IMO...
edit: Is this the bag which was authenticated by an SA??? If so, this person should look for a diff. job!!! :cursing:

ITA...it's sloppy and doesn't look right. My best friend's mom who unknowingly has a fake cabas piano (:Push:smile:...well, the font on the heat stamp looks just like this one.

The Canvas seems different between the real and fake one, and also the logos and fleurs etc... The fake one is more faint than the real one..And as everyone said, the piping and trims are different to

The only way to tell with those super fakes is to compare it to the real thing. I don't think i'm able to spot it from a far distance that it was a fake

Hmm, the piping looks different, the stitching that holds the flap on is different, the size of the authentic one is a bit bigger and the leather on the fake one is a little bit too orange. Plus, the heat stamp and lining are atrocious.

I'm really sorry about the fake but at least you have a nice new (authentic) one to use!

The Only major difference that I can tell of is the O in the stamp, other than that..

The Straps in the real ones tend to have much more of a cushion(shape) than the fake ones which seem to be so much more flatter...and also the Stiching is so much more Pronounce, and it gives the edges more of a pinch at the end..and also the Real Sonatine seems to be more generous in terms of leather for piping...

(hope you don't mind, I pointed some of it out in your photo)

Very happy for you that you found a new one...I was actually able to tell which heat stamp belonged to which bag, the fake's inside is a little different to me...it seems more terry cloth-like...

It is scary, but I can see differences. The heat stamp on the first one is off, but not by a lot. The canvas, there is a color difference and one of the fleurs is smaller on the fake, but again, this would be really hard to detect unless you had them side by side. There of course is the stiching differences, pipping and cut, but again, you would have to compare right next to the real model. Overall, very scary, but really even more scary that MP or the store did not catch it. I am happy you got the real deal, enjoy it!

Thank you for posting the comparison shots, I always like to think that I can spot a fake at a distance. But, had I seen you carrying your 1st Sonatine...I would have assumed it to be real. There may be small variations up close, but I must admit I would have been fooled.

Did they credit your money back for a new Sonatine...I hope you didn't have to pay for the original repair!

I found one more difference. Look at pictures of the back. Piping on two sides shows this difference.The real one shows one piece of leather. But on fake one, it looks like two pieces patch together.

I am so glad you bought a new one. I can't imagine how you feltlearning that the bag you thought was auth wasn't. I don't think I would have been able to tell unless I had two bags right next to me and a ton of time comparing the 2.

The piping and 0 are noticeably different. The canvas on authentics eventually fade with usage. IF she did not post both pics, I don't think many would have been able to guess that the fake one is in fact fake.

seems like the quality of the canvas little bit different. the fake one seems thinner and the real one kinda smoother. and the stitches kinda little different. other than that this is one perfect quality of fake. ( AAA).