Can the vachetta leather be stopped naturally from turning to patina if...

I've heard stories of people who've NEVER used their bag and just let it sit init's sleeper in the closet and it patina'd anyway after a while. I think it can vary depending o the climate you live in.

Reactions: BeautheFrenchie
Oh. :oh:

I didnt know that. I have a Mono Mizi that I bought a few months back and it still in the plastic and dustbag. I thought she'd be safe there until I was ready to bring her out. Oh well

it is a process that happens with untreated leather, like the ones that LV puts on his purses. The leather is very pale, almost white, to begin with, and over about a year, it turns a honey brown. Some people like it, some people don't. Personally, I love a good patina!

oxidation has something to do with the patina process besides humidity and light. so even if your bag doesn't see the light of day for a year it will still darken a bit as air still circulates around the bag. i don't think there's one sure way of permanently keeping the vachetta leather virginal white.

ok, this may seem a bit silly, but the canvas monogram LVs...are those leather or canvas?

Iask b/c i always thought it was leather, but the name was throwing me off... and b/c if it's not leather then i may change my mind about getting one as i prefer leather to other materials...

i know we're discussing patinas here, but i'm not sure if you're talking about the trim or the whole bag... sorry i'm a lil confused!

My blois bag which I have had for two years, came with a leather pad for the shoulder strap. It just slides on so I took it off because I like it better without. I kept that in the box, it is still light..not patina at all and the rest of the bag is very patina'd. So I kind of think that if its not exposed, it wont patina, but I agree with another poster who said it may be determined by the climate. I could see that..if I were in a humid climate, it may darken as opposed to somewhere where it is cooler. But mine did not darken at all.
mybags003.jpg

Reactions: elegantbags