Can I Borrow Your Bag?

A funny (well to me) story about borrowing. Years ago, my family (from the North) was transferred down South. A co worker who was probably a size 0 or 2 was visiting "up North" and asked to borrow a winter coat. I was more like a size 16. I said I had one she could borrow. It was about an "8" from my thinner days (but she didn't know that).

When I brought it in she said, "Why, my, you do have nice clothes." Wish I'd had the guts to take it back.

No one insults like a skinny, southern B. Apologies to any skinny southern non-B's here.

Well I guess she gave me a story to tell!

QUOTE=RedRumtoFakes;26389767]I would have told her yes. Then gave her a grocery bag.[/QUOTE]
lol, too funny!
Noooo way!! She is crazy..

This reminds me of the other day I was at my daughter ballet class and I had my Louis bag (and other stuff) on the chair next to me, and one of the mums came over to sit to talk to another lady, then as I was making space for her to have a sit she said "oh don't worry about the bags" and was about to sit down.....Ermmm!! Honey this is Louis!!
I know. I've had someone move my bag when I was across the room and place t on the floor. I nearly lost my mind!
I don't let anyone borrow anything unless it is something I am willing to part with in the event it gets lost, damaged, or simply not returned. I wouldn't have done it either. That bag is gorgeous, by the way.
Thank you!
Beautiful bag! I can see why she'd want to borrow it, but I definitely find it strange that someone you're not that close with would even ask! I think I've only borrowed from and lent my bags out to family (sisters and mother) and I haven't done that in a while. I just think of how some people place their bags on the floor, I've even seen this in public bathrooms and I find it disgusting. No way!
I've worked with her for 6 years and we really only have a work relationship. I couldn't tell you the names of her children because I simply don't care for her. She's the kind that tries too hard and somehow that annoys me. I don't even think she wanted to really borrow it as I think about it. She may have said it for conversation. My other coworkers often ask too and some of them I like. It's still a no.
My coworkers don't ask to borrow my bags, they ask if they can have them. Of course, I always say um NO and they keeping asking and I ignore them for the rest of the day. I do let my girls borrow my bags.
I've had people ask me when I will be giving any away or having a yard sale. :wtf:
my mom and me borrowed bags from each other for special events when you need a certain unusual color, but those weren't even Coach bags. i would let my daughter or mom borrow and that is it. coworker??? what the...?

i have a coworker who always comments on how much clothes i have, i think it is rude so i don't even want her to see my bags

This same problem I have about my bags. I get the "how many bags do you have?" or "what's the most you've ever spent on a bag" or "you must not have any kids"

This reminds me of a weird coworker from my Air Force days. I didnt even work in the same office as her, she was down the hall from me in another department. We lived in the same dorm, and all we really did was say hi in passing. Imagine my surprise when one day she called out of nowhere to ask if I had good credit, and would I co-sign a car loan for her!!!!

this reminds me of a weird coworker from my air force days. I didnt even work in the same office as her, she was down the hall from me in another department. We lived in the same dorm, and all we really did was say hi in passing. Imagine my surprise when one day she called out of nowhere to ask if i had good credit, and would i co-sign a car loan for her!!!!
lol!

So...apparently my coworker thinks my real name is Bag, Borrow, Steal. I'm sitting at my desk and I hear a voice say "Can I borrow that blue bag you have?" I'm ignoring her because I just KNOW she's not talking to me. She repeats herself but says my name this time.

Has anyone ever asked to borrow your beloved Coach and did you let them?

BTW, my answer was no.

That's insane!

Nobody has ever asked me but the only ones I'd trust to lend them any of my bags would be my mom or my sister. Anybody else...NO!

That's crazy....I can't believe she asked you that!

My mom doesn't care about bags, so the only person I would allow to borrow my bags is my sister. I know she would take good care of them. My close girl friends...maybe...and only a couple of them lol. I'm close with my co-workers (the ones that like coach, etc), but I've seen how they handle their bags...I just don't trust my bag would come back anywhere near the condition it left me.

Oh wow, can't believe that happened to you. On the one hand, it really is a compliment that she likes your bags so much. I mean, who couldn't love that blue Caroline. But to ask you to borrow it- nooooo! Glad you're the type to stand up for yourself and say no. I know a girl who let someone borrow her bag- they ruined it and never replaced it. ( You couldn't really replace a Caroline like yours seeing as how it was limited edition.) I have an acquaintance who brought a cream-colored Rebecca Minkoff bag to work and someone spilled coffee on it and didn't have the honesty to come forward and offer to replace it.

So far I haven't been in that predicament, thank God. If someone asked to borrow a bag I would have to say no. Now if it was a die-hard fellow Coachie, that might be different, but I'd have to have one if their bags for collateral. ;)

I would only loan to my Mum. Other than that I don't loan anything out. Period.

One of two things usually happens - either, a) it doesn't come back at all or b) it comes back with a 'story'. I have no problem saying no, in many different ways - ranging from no thank you to GTFOOHWTBS!

Nuts that a co-worker would ask you that!

I would only loan to my Mum. Other than that I don't loan anything out. Period.

One of two things usually happens - either, a) it doesn't come back at all or b) it comes back with a 'story'. I have no problem saying no, in many different ways - ranging from no thank you to GTFOOHWTBS!

Nuts that a co-worker would ask you that!

My fav saying EVER...GTFOOHWTBS!!!