Calvi card case owners.

Upthread (msg # 1296 https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/calvi-card-case-owners.858981/post-35993540) there are discussions about this. I posted a picture of how I use my Calvi Duo as a full wallet.

To me, Calvi is only for business cards while Duo is a mini wallet. I very much prefer Calvi Duo.
Do you find that the cards are secure enough without the bills behind them? My Calvi Duo has been sitting unused for months - I loved the idea of it but as I hardly ever carry cash I find it hard to stop using a regular card holder with slots.

Reactions: GabrielleS
For those that have both the Calvi and the Calvi duo, which do you prefer and why? Do you use the coin pouch for coins or other items?
I prefer the duo as I use the pocket to store cards I don’t access often (driving license, insurance card, car registration). With the regular Calvi I feel the cards slide around more and don't stay in place. I don’t carry cash regularly and have a separate Comme des garçons wallet for cash and random coins when I know I will need cash.

Even though I don’t prefer the regular Calvi, that did not stop me from getting a rouge piment boxcalf Calvi. :nuts:

Do you find that the cards are secure enough without the bills behind them? My Calvi Duo has been sitting unused for months - I loved the idea of it but as I hardly ever carry cash I find it hard to stop using a regular card holder with slots.
I have about 5-6 cards in that slot and they are secure in the sense that they slide around or into the opposite slot.

I put my most used cards on the very top and bottom of the stack. The rest is in the middle to prevent too much shuffling of cards.

I'm always surprised reading about cards sliding around in the regular Calvi. If you only open it east-west (like opening a book) there's nowhere for them to slide, at least in my experience. Okay I have one tiny loyalty card that likes to move a little but in no way does it hurt the functionality overall.
I get lots of sliding opening like a book. Instead I have to keep all my cards in one side only and open it with that half at the bottom so they have nowhere to go. I currently have six standard credit cards in there.

For those that have both the Calvi and the Calvi duo, which do you prefer and why? Do you use the coin pouch for coins or other items?
I have a few regular and one duo. I like them in general but I feel like traveling is nicer with the duo.
The way I use my Calvi though is on the left side where it doesn’t have the envelope closure I would put like single Purell or wet wipes and/or lactaid (you could use a Bastia for sure on either). Then the envelope pocket contains my ID and card(s). Behind the envelope a small slit enough for either folded cash or in my case a card (like metro) for public tap and go transit or you can put your hotel key or Tesla card key.

I prefer the Calvi Duo because of the interior closure. I find my cards slide around too much in the non-enclosed side so I tend to keep my membership cards/receipts in there and then I will keep my credit cards/ID's (more important cards) in the enclosed pocket

Reactions: Joeli7
Cards are definitely secure enough - there’s no way for them to fall out when closed. Sure they slide a bit when open but again, I’ve never had a card fall out. I don’t see at all how it wouldn’t be safe.

Calvi vs calvi duo is totally dependent on how many cards you carry. Before my calvi I carried a cardholder with 4 slots. So the duo would have been overkill for me. I don’t carry coins. I carry a small amount of cash sometimes and often have a few business cards from SAs that I stick in there.

If you carry more get a duo.

Reactions: jellyv and Joeli7