Calvi card case owners.

Oh thanks for this! Was LITERALLY about to buy it on the site then thought to check back up on this thread first and I’m so glad I did 🤣 as much as I love box, it might not be the ideal choice for calvis 😅 my other two are epsom - one is over 5 years old and the other is a year old and both are still basically flawless lol

Oh thanks for this! Was LITERALLY about to buy it on the site then thought to check back up on this thread first and I’m so glad I did 🤣 as much as I love box, it might not be the ideal choice for calvis 😅 my other two are epsom - one is over 5 years old and the other is a year old and both are still basically flawless lol
Good to know! I'll definitely consider epsom for the calvi if I still want it in the future!

I am not exactly a fan of my Calvi SLG. I wish I got box leather. I think it would be more rigid and hold my cards better. They tend to slide out. I ended up using the Calvis for currency (which I rarely carry). The pre loved box calvi above does look a built sad, but Box leather can be SPAed beautifully. And patinated box is lustrous. IMO only, box and heritage leathers are best with signs of an active life lol.

Not the best pic but one of a calvi and my card case
IMG_0707.jpeg

ETA: I think my opinion is not a popular one. Bc I’m not crazy about pliable leather, I particularly dislike chèvre leather except as a lining. I only have one chèvre clutch. I did have a chèvre longue kelly wallet, and it simply got more limp and flaccid with use.

Does anyone know the product reference code for this Bleu Saphir Lizard Calvi and a retail price?

I'm answering my own question as someone answered me in another thread.

Calvi in Bleu Saphir Niloticus Lizard
Product Reference: H083186CK73
2023 RRP: $930 USD

Is it just me or I really thought lizard calvi would be a lot more?

I am not exactly a fan of my Calvi SLG. I wish I got box leather. I think it would be more rigid and hold my cards better. They tend to slide out. I ended up using the Calvis for currency (which I rarely carry). The pre loved box calvi above does look a built sad, but Box leather can be SPAed beautifully. And patinated box is lustrous. IMO only, box and heritage leathers are best with signs of an active life lol.
That's very true. If you want to really use your items and make them serve you to their full potential. Heritage leathers will tell your story with use. Especially Barenia and Barenia Faubourg!

Not the best pic but one of a calvi and my card case
View attachment 5966232

ETA: I think my opinion is not a popular one. Bc I’m not crazy about pliable leather, I particularly dislike chèvre leather except as a lining. I only have one chèvre clutch. I did have a chèvre longue kelly wallet, and it simply got more limp and flaccid with use.
Love your Calvi Verso and the other card holder with lizard horses!

• Thanks
Reactions: 880
I'm answering my own question as someone answered me in another thread.

Calvi in Bleu Saphir Niloticus Lizard
Product Reference: H083186CK73
2023 RRP: $930 USD

Is it just me or I really thought lizard calvi would be a lot more?
Yes that's how much my Noir lizard calvi was. I, too, was shocked at how relatively inexpesnsive it was. I am still on the hunt for a Bleu Saphir calvi!!

Reactions: themk888
Good to know! I'll definitely consider epsom for the calvi if I still want it in the future!
Epsom is indestructible! My mom has a b25 in epsom which is around 10 years old I believe, give or take a couple years and it’s also still flawless. Here’s my most recent calvi I’ve been using daily for a year.

I will say, as I don’t need things to stay perfect, I think the box calvi would be fine if it’s just inside a bag most the time without rubbing on other things. I think my mauve Sylvestre calvi is still flawless cause my p18 has been my daily bag for a while and the calvi sits in its own pocket in my picotin insert so it never touches anything else lol
IMG_9273.jpeg