Calvi card case owners.

I saw one alligator calvi at the FSH last December and price was like 1470 euros. I thought it was too much of a multiply of the regular leather one Now it seems that the price in the US is even more crazy.

Agreed! I am a big collector so i felt i had to add one to my collection and i love the color Malachite. The price is nuts though.

I am really excited to get an Ostrich Calvi, that is easier to justify.

I was told for Small Leather goods, belts, or anything that uses the center of the scales, it has a base price of what they charge for the skin then add the time/labor/ other materials on top of that.

In my opinion, the Calvi is too high but the most over priced exotic piece is the Izmir sandals. They are $4100+ in the US and don’t have all that much more croc/gator.

Reactions: xiaoxiao and lulilu
Here is a picture of the Calvi closed.
07b43b4b126b4190cd9297b86e79c8bf.jpg
This is just so stunning, especially in Malachite. Congratulations and thank you so much for sharing this wonderful eye candy. :loveeyes:

Agreed! I am a big collector so i felt i had to add one to my collection and i love the color Malachite. The price is nuts though.

I am really excited to get an Ostrich Calvi, that is easier to justify.

I was told for Small Leather goods, belts, or anything that uses the center of the scales, it has a base price of what they charge for the skin then add the time/labor/ other materials on top of that.

In my opinion, the Calvi is too high but the most over priced exotic piece is the Izmir sandals. They are $4100+ in the US and don’t have all that much more croc/gator.

It's gorgeous! Thank you for sharing this stunning color. :flowers:

I agree with you the gator Calvi price is a gut-punch, but I also find there is something so joyful about a Calvi in any skin, and that joy is (for me) amplified by the exotic skin versions in accordance with the multiplied price. :amuse:

For those who are watching out for exotic Calvis: I've seen some more BE gator ones like mine in the past weeks in Europe (although I liked the scales much less on the ones I saw than I do mine), plus a stunning matte Bordeaux version that was so rich and lovely. I also spied a Rose Tyrian ostrich version of the Calvi's cousin, the Bastia. Seems like H is going all-in on exotic SLGs, and I'm pretty excited to see what all becomes available.

Just thought I post my recent purchase from Hermès! So in love but scared to use due to rainy conditions at the moment!
View attachment 4364615View attachment 4364616

Please don't let rainy conditions stop you - it's not as if it's a bag that would be open to the elements.
In a few months you won't think twice.

It's wonderful to have beautiful things like this calvi, but a waste of beauty to keep it safely in its dustbag or box for fear of a mark or other sign of use. Real enjoyment is using it, seeing it when you open your bag, etc. Unless you just want to be a collector, to have things just to admire in their pristine state. As PJW said, please use this beauty.

H is extending the exotic calvi offerings to ostrich now too. :cool:

View attachment 4286845 View attachment 4286846

I am salivating on this beautiful piece! I only own 1 Calvi in Cactus Evercolor Calfskin and love the functionality and compactibility and your post is helping me in my quest for a 2nd Calvi. I’m sure it’ll help me wait patiently on a Birdie Kelly. :graucho:

Reactions: calexandre