Callings all PETITES

i'm about just under 5'3" tall... i like to round it up, though. i probably weigh around 110 lbs. or so.

I will buy premium denim jeans, even 34" inseam (which seems standard these days) or longer. I just have to accept the fact that I'll need to have them hemmed... until they decide to cater towards petite women and make shorter jeans! Joe's Jeans, specifically the provacateurs, are catered to shorter women (30.5" inseam, i believe). I have a pair, and I just hope they come out with more variety.

otherwise, there really isn't a specific brand that i'm most loyal to. i will try on anything that looks like it might fit, and if it looks good, then i'll buy it. stores i often shop at are club monaco, urban outfitters, anthropologie, nordstrom, bloomingdale's. i like smaller boutiques because i'm always able to find something that nobody else is wearing. i think stores like bebe and arden b. run pretty small compared to other stores, but i've never really liked shopping at those stores (unless i'm looking for something to wear out clubbing/bar hopping).

stores like j. crew and banana republic don't carry sizes small enough for me. i'm often told that i'll have to order petite sizes online.

I don't break 5 feet. ANd when i stopped wearing pants two years ago (religious observance) the whole pants legnth thing was the biggest blessing. I love my skirts and it's so much easier imo to look put together in a skirt. And also not really having that whole pita thing about getting something shortened.

I'm 5'3" and about 107lbs so I feel your pain! For jeans I like Rock & Republics but I haven't found them in a size 24 yet so I buy the 25s and shrink them. The inseam is 34" so I have to get them hemmed (I'm a 32).

I'm 5'3" and i've come to terms with the fact that i nee to have the hem of my jeans altered all the time. I think in my entire life of wearing jeans/pants, there's only ever been 1 pair of jeans that i didn't have to hem and the fit on my bum was shocking :shame:

lucidbabe said:
I always shortern them and get the tailor to shorten them with the raw/distressed edges hemmed back ( enveloped around the new length i/o of just cutting them short and doing a new hem...

i actually got that idea as well from a friends a few years ago and started doing it too. I wish i had thought of it sooner though...

lucidbabe said:
get the tailor to shorten them with the raw/distressed edges hemmed back ( enveloped around the new length i/o of just cutting them short and doing a new hem.

i'm 5ft 2" only & yes..yes...i've been doing the same thing too now everytime I go to the tailor to get my hem fixed. my fav jeans are D'Squared, Replay, Miss Sixty & True Religion but none can be wear without alteration.....:shrugs:

I'm 5'1", about 95 lbs--I've had luck in the petites department at Nordstrom (a great pair of jeans by Worn Jeans), and otherwise have had to go to Ann Taylor, J Crew or Banana Republic petites. Even then, I've had stuff hemmed lately :sad:

I'm so upset that Saks stopped carrying petites--I used to have great finds in the petites section of Off 5th!

If you can track down a pair of Joe's Jeans in the Provocateur style, do it!!! I'm 99% sure they're discontinued, but they were a miracle for us shorter girls. They are shorter (I think 30"??) in length but most importantly they have a higher leg break, so the intended knee of the pants isn't down on your shins, which is where they end up if you get regular pants hemmed.

i am 5'1" 95lbs and have like... no butt.

my favorite store for jeans and khakis is delias because they fit perfectly! they make jeans/pants/khakis with inseams as short as 28". they also make size 00 which is awesome. :wlae:

i find that banana republic petites makes pretty good dress pants and skirts too and they have free alteration service.

I'm 5"1 and 100lbs, but I have like birthing hips...

Anyway I fit into size 25, and because I am short the smaller the jean, the smaller they make the hip sizes... (sigh, I don't have a flat bum thank you, so it's frustrating) So sometimes I have problem with that.. generally though I shop at stores that are more focused for smaller sized people, and then I take my pants in to hem them, becuase even then I can barely find short in length

I guess I need to find a good tailor. I've been buying petite sizes at J.Crew, BR and Ann Taylor mostly but interestingly pant lengths seem to keep getting longer-unlike my legs. Why is this? For example, J.Crew used to have a 28"/29" inseam for pants and now it's 30"+.

Seven (not Seven For All Mankind) but the brand Seven. They fit me very well. I have two pair. I also like Calvin Klein and Frankie B. Frankie B actually makes jeans that I don't have to heam (sp?). :lol: One of my fave pair and best fitting is a pair of Guess jeans.

im pretty petite.. im around 5'3-5'4''ish but i have a pretty short inseam. i own lots of seven for all mankind, true religion, paige, and citizens of humanity. i had to get them all hemmed. :sad: but i do know sevens make a pair with a 30'' inseam.. they're called flip flops. super cute. :smile: joe's also make their provocateur jeans with a 30'' inseam as well.

Banana republic and Gap petites have pretty good jeans. But lately I've been getting mine hemmed. If you buy it at Nordstrom's alterations is free and it looks really professional. I've bought 7 and True Religions from them and can't tell they're tailored. BR also does alterations but I don't know how much they charge, if any.

everythingelse said:
If you can track down a pair of Joe's Jeans in the Provocateur style, do it!!! I'm 99% sure they're discontinued, but they were a miracle for us shorter girls. They are shorter (I think 30"??) in length but most importantly they have a higher leg break, so the intended knee of the pants isn't down on your shins, which is where they end up if you get regular pants hemmed.

Macy's in the Houston Galleria carries the Provocateur. I tried them on this weekend but they were cut too low for me.