Call me crazy, I finally get it for my niece...

What a cutie! And as always, you have a great big heart! I remember when you bought something for your sister, was it?

Don't worry about the negative comments, as long as you are happy and making someone else happy ~ that's all that matters! :tup:

It's adorable and I know sometims we want our sweeties to have something special and cute. But..Heed my warning....My niece started asking me for Kate Spade at the tender age of 14 which I personally thought she should have asked her parents for. Everytime I speak with her it's about LV which is a little odd to say the least. Fast forward a couple years and I gave her the Vernis Cosmetique case for Christmas. She's now 19. When we took a family trip she grilled me about every bag I have and kept hinting if there was one I was willing to part with. Frankly I'm not willing to part with any of them. She then went to my mom who happened to have her Manhattan PM & matching Koala wallet. My poor mom felt horrible cause she wasn't willing to part with hers either. She recently called me to let me know she really wants a wallet now. UGH My mom and myself are actually going to get her the PTI which is what she wants for her B-day but after that 'I'm done'. No one ever indulged me with extravagant gifts and I wouldn't want them to nor would I have the nerve to ask for such gifts. I think it's a slippery slope.

It's adorable and I know sometims we want our sweeties to have something special and cute. But..Heed my warning....My niece started asking me for Kate Spade at the tender age of 14 which I personally thought she should have asked her parents for. Everytime I speak with her it's about LV which is a little odd to say the least. Fast forward a couple years and I gave her the Vernis Cosmetique case for Christmas. She's now 19. When we took a family trip she grilled me about every bag I have and kept hinting if there was one I was willing to part with. Frankly I'm not willing to part with any of them. She then went to my mom who happened to have her Manhattan PM & matching Koala wallet. My poor mom felt horrible cause she wasn't willing to part with hers either. She recently called me to let me know she really wants a wallet now. UGH My mom and myself are actually going to get her the PTI which is what she wants for her B-day but after that 'I'm done'. No one ever indulged me with extravagant gifts and I wouldn't want them to nor would I have the nerve to ask for such gifts. I think it's a slippery slope.

well, now she is 19 , she can go work, save and buy her own. :yes:

You're really sweet to buy LV for her! I bought a preowned CB pochette for my 7 year old after she begged and begged. Then she used it a few times, dropped on floor, spilled water over it, etc. and now it's sitting in a bag in the closet waiting for her to grow older and wiser! ;)

I am actually the lucky uncle. I feel so lucky for being able to give my niece and nephew things that they need. I have to give all the best for them. :yes:

That is very sweet! They are lucky to have you. Maybe you should suggest that she uses it on weekends and for special occasions. Then she won't have to worry about ruining it or having it stolen at school.

I am actually the lucky uncle. I feel so lucky for being able to give my niece and nephew things that they need. I have to give all the best for them. :yes:

I understand what you mean. One of the benefits of being and aunt or uncle is sometimes being able to give the little extras when your sibling (the parent) has to focus on discipline and daily needs. You sound like a great uncle.

My aunt gave me a pair of 14kt earrings when I was about 6 and I did not even have my ears pierced yet. Now this was in the early 70's so kids did not get the things they get now. I did grow into the earrings and cherished them.

The mini hl is so cute. I found a pre-loved one for my dd and she is still a baby. She will be old enough some day and will be one way I teach her how to cherish classic & timeless items.