Cabas herbag to be discontinued

Oh Kristie! Thanks for the pic! The key and clochette really does complete the look. A couple more qns.. :P

Do you normally wear it with the straps done up or leave them hanging loose?

And.. what's that cute blue scarf with the rocking horse toy print?

OK, the Rocking horse scarf is "Raconte moi le cheval" - (tell me about horses) I'll get back to you on which year....late 1990's? It is one of my favourites, as Hermes usually do a run of printing, on a 100m long white silk length, out of this they get 10 scarves. They usually do many many runs in the different colourways, and send them out to all the stores. The turquoise "raconte moi le cheval" was accidently only done a few times, so there were very very few printed - less than 50 - and I got one...through SUSIE in MELBOURNE of all people!!!!!! Anyway, you can get this design on eBay, but be very careful - it is widely faked, and in colourways that weren't even produced my Hermes!

I wear the Herbag both ways - as I do my Kelly - undone and fully closed! Depends on how much of a hurry I'm in!!!

OH MY, K!!! That's so lucky of you to have that scarf in turquoise! It's just stunning. I was really taken with the colour. Aww, what a pity it is sooo limited. I bet you don't wear it. I would keep it in a trophy case, lol!

LOL - It looks DIVINE against white or black, but you're right, I really don't wear it.....you never know, you might find one - not many people would know how limited it was!

They did this design in some lovely autumnal colourways too!

this is not good.. i don't have one yet.. by the time i have the funds to get them, they will all be gone.. sheezee.. well, to get a birkin, i guess i can do without an herbag..

Herbag Carry-On: Held with the hand and/or single shoulder strap supplied. (The one I have pictured in the last post). This is the one that everyone agrees looks 'kelly-esque'

Herbag Sac-a-dos: the herbag version of the 'kelly-a-dos'. Two straps at the bag to be used as a backpack.

Herbag cabas: Herbag version of the 'Havanna' bag.

All are very classic, simple yet elegant. Charms can be strung around the handle. Looks great with twilly/scarf. Other hanging charms can be hung off of the clochette.

Pros: Very light. Strong toile/canvas; Versatile.

Cons: Difficult to open and close : the sac-a-dos and carry-on do not look good left open. Straps and closure are made of box or barenia leathers so they wear out a bit quickly.

I love my kelly style herbag. The black leather top is very durable, and has a rustic look...very appealing....the bottom is a tiny basket weave in tan and beige...so lovely......

Also lovely is the pink scarf on the bag that grand fonds posted here. It has such cute litttle people. Does anyone know it's name, and if it's still available. thank you.

Hi! i need herbag experts. i would just like to confirm if there really is version of herbage that has no flap? its called hermes herbage cabas? i had this friend who recently bought one from an online seller. however, when she brought the bag in the Hermes store, SA's said that all hermes herbags have flaps. the inside of the bag has this "strap" where you can hang your wallet or keys, but it says on the hardware of this inside "strap" "GERMANY". i really need to know if there is such cab as type of herbag. please help. Thanks you so much TPF experts! :smile: