Cabas herbag to be discontinued

Oh, I see!! I get it now. Thanks so much, Lisa! Wow, that's great and so versatile! I love the interchangeable bottoms.

So, this "cabas".. is it a specific type of herbag? Or does it just mean the Herbag bag in general ie.. all Herbags are being discontinued?

Love your Herbags, Lisa!!!

Oh, I see!! I get it now. Thanks so much, Lisa! Wow, that's great and so versatile! I love the interchangeable bottoms.

So, this "cabas".. is it a specific type of herbag? Or does it just mean the Herbag bag in general ie.. all Herbags are being discontinued?

Love your Herbags, Lisa!!!

Oh it's my pleasure to talk bags, lol! The cabas is the two handled bag that I show in the pics. The original herbag (and please, H experts, help me out here as I'm still an apprentice :yes:) is shaped more like my travel bag - it's got one handle on top of the overflap, similar to a Kelly bag. It's a bit longer as well and if memory serves me, it comes with one long shoulder strap.

I love the Cabas HB because it's easy to get in/get out of - it's shorter and fits PERFECTLY in an airplane storage area or under the seat (although I hate the idea of putting ANY of my H Bags on the floor!!! I usually wrap them in a jacket when I have to do that!).

Lisa

ALL of the Herbag range is being discontinued. As far as I know, there are only three basic genres. One is the cabas/tote already pictured in this thread courtesy of Lisa. Mine is the black leather and black canvas. I bought it because it looks like a very casual kelly(I have not attached the shoulder strap in this pic). The interchangeable bag it came with is large and much taller - perfect for travelling or large document files.

Those who like the idea of these interchangeable bags should get them. It comes with 'dummy' instructions. Just pictures and arrows! Have already reserved the large cabas tote at the KLCC H Store.

Attachments

• Photo 40.jpg
    Photo 40.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 519
I just came from my hermes local store and bought the last black herbag just like the Eric Fam picture. It´s a very pretty bag, very casual and very posh. it´s perfect for every day.:yahoo: :yes: :wlae:

Thanks for the further explanations of the cabas herbag, Lisa!:flowers:

What a shame the whole line is discontinued. And why am I only finding out about this great bag now? lol! Isn't it always the way... just like my fondness for the colour, rouge vif and raisin... sigh....

Posh, congrats on scoring the last one in your store. I'm going to have to check my store out and see what they have left.

Those of you who have the Herbag, how easy/hard is it to get in and out of this bag? For example, the one like Posh and Eric's. Looks like it may take a bit of time undoing the straps.

I ADORE Herbags, and am SO sad to hear they are to be discontinued! I got mine at the Mothership as my very first H bag, great memories!

Sue, I don't find it hard to get in and out of at all! Sydney had a whole lot just prior to the move, but there are none on display in the new store - you could call and ask if you're interested - they may have some out the back (the usual story).....

Here's mine with both her bottoms...I wear the toile one the most:

Attachments

• HerbagDecoupages.JPG
    HerbagDecoupages.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 436
  • HerbagBlackSydneyTwilly.JPG
    HerbagBlackSydneyTwilly.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 412
K, she's beautiful! So Kelly-esq! What are the approx dimensions of yours? And wrt Herbags.. are some backpacks?? Like, do they have strappy bits on the backs of them? Do you happen to have a pic of the back?

Love the Syd twilly! I can't bring myself to wear it out coz it's one of a kind. Your pink scarf is really pretty too.

The pink scarf is the "Decoupages" re-issue...they would have it in Mel if you're interested.

Mine is just slightly larger than a 32 Kelly....and it is plain at the back - not the backpack style ( I'm just not a backpack girl, although I do have a longchamps pliages backpack!). I got it for that very reason - it was the closest thing to a Kelly at the time! It even has the little clochette and keys and lock! SO cute!

The guy that designed the Herbag is a very clever designer. I believe he is the designer of the Lindy.

^ I put the sailboat on it the other day, and the elephant cadena gets a go every now and again....haven't tried it with the fruit yet.....I'll give it a go......actually, the pear leather matches the Herbag leather!!

Would look GREAT with a Beaver..............

^ I put the sailboat on it the other day, and the elephant cadena gets a go every now and again....haven't tried it with the fruit yet.....I'll give it a go......actually, the pear leather matches the Herbag leather!!

Would look GREAT with a Beaver..............
:nuts: with the grillz, and one eye-patch like a pirate!