Buying off Instagram | Instagram Sellers

Was looking at purchasing a bag from a reputable ig reseller that said it was a consignment, but found out that the reseller doesn't have possession of the item & the owner does. Asked if theres any policy in place if its fake but she keeps saying that there's no way it is. How can they guarantee authenticity & condition of the item without having it in possession? Shouldn't she have the item to begin with if its a consignment....
A lot of resellers do not keep the physical stock and they only ask the owner to ship once the sale is agreed. It’s their job to check authenticity and if it’s not authentic then they should offer a full refund. I would check the name of the reseller in this forum to assess whether anyone has had experiences with them.

Honestly from a personal perspective I’m very tired of dealing with resellers - it’s really not worth the stress in most cases. There’s always some nonsense - payment delays, shipping delays, missing items such as dustbags or boxes, flaws not declared, items called unworn but worn etc etc

I also think that most items can eventually be found in a Chanel boutique so unless it’s a particular seasonal bag just wait and purchase from the boutique for full peace of mind. If you really want to go ahead with it then do your due diligence on this forum first as a lot of us have experiences with many known resellers.

I got scammed by Leurstyle! Don’t buy from her!! She will keep your money, delete your conversations on instagram and never send you the items
Sorry about your experience. Luckily, I saw your comment here !! I was going to buy a Chanel 22 mini from her, which would cost a big chunk of money. Gee,,,, no wonder there was no comment under her IG posts. Phew, sooooo close !!

Anyone has experiences with timelesslikeaudrey ?
Yes! I bought one Chanel Jumpo in Beige Claire from her, the price was higher than other shops though.(9980 AUD down payment) Also, I sold a picotin 18, which took six months. I was not happy with my selling experience as they were too greedy setting up the price at nearly $6,000 AUD for a saggy bag( it was not brand new, and I took it for travel to Queensland), and no one was interested. They finally sold at 4150 something? I can't remember their price, but I only got 3,000. Will never buy or sell through them again because the price skyrocketed for both sides.

Hey everyone, has anyone bought from thepurseaffair on IG before?
I know they have a lifetime authenticity guarantee, however I’m eyeing up the Chanel 19 yellow tweed they have on their website but it seems like it is from the 21p collection yet the serial number starts with 30? Shouldn’t it be starting with 31 if that is from the 2021 collection..?
Just a bit wary, so wanting to check if anyone has had any experiences shopping with them. Thanks in advance!
I bought a Lindy 30 in rose sakura from them before in Australia, and the experience was smooth. I cannot voucher for the overseas experience though. The salesperson on IG was a bit pushy as every time when I ask for the price she would reply " did you wish to buy ?" ( this happened several times during different conversations)

Dear all, hope that somebody could maybe give me an advice - long story short: I bought a Trendy CC bag at a reseller in Singapore last year March (I am from Germany). I have to say I bought of this reseller before and had no problems at all ..... The bag arrived and after I sent it to a bag spa, I was told that the bag was overpainted in the past .... so not "like new" as described. I was able to return the bag, the reseller searched for an alternative and found a beautiful pink WOC (new with full set). That was November last year and since then, I am waiting for the shipping of the bag and the refund (the Trendy CC was much more expensive). I am in contact with the reseller regularly, but she always finds other reason why the shipping is delayed. Is there something I could maybe do, or do I have to face the fact that the money is lost ??? I am very disappointed and start to dream of this already ...... THANKS so much for your support .....

Dear all, hope that somebody could maybe give me an advice - long story short: I bought a Trendy CC bag at a reseller in Singapore last year March (I am from Germany). I have to say I bought of this reseller before and had no problems at all ..... The bag arrived and after I sent it to a bag spa, I was told that the bag was overpainted in the past .... so not "like new" as described. I was able to return the bag, the reseller searched for an alternative and found a beautiful pink WOC (new with full set). That was November last year and since then, I am waiting for the shipping of the bag and the refund (the Trendy CC was much more expensive). I am in contact with the reseller regularly, but she always finds other reason why the shipping is delayed. Is there something I could maybe do, or do I have to face the fact that the money is lost ??? I am very disappointed and start to dream of this already ...... THANKS so much for your support .....
I am in SG. So far the experiences with reputable IG sellers have been good and easy but of course i could check the bag before releasing the money.

Did you ask the seller for the shipping statement?

That sounds sketchy… I would ask for an immediate refund of what you paid. Which reseller is this if you don’t mind sharing?

This is so worrying
Maybe you should name the seller to see if anyone else has had similar experiences?

I wanted to quickly share my experience and warn people not to buy from @shasaluxurycollection. She’s a total scammer. There are other accounts of her scamming people - which can be confirmed via a quick search on this forum. Look up her IG name or the name Maharani Saputri…

She seems legit if you look at her reviews. Stupid me, I should have searched for her on tPF first before interacting with her. Anyway, I was just about to send her a deposit for a Chanel bag (about $1000) via Wise… but it would not go through. An error had popped up, something along the lines of “we cannot currently accept payment to this recipient.” I thought that was strange, so I let her know and she acted clueless and said she gave me the wrong info by mistake (yeah, ok) - and gave me different banking details to enter (completely different bank and bank account #). When I entered the new banking info she gave me, the error wasn’t popping up - and I was literally about to hit send - but something told me to do a search on her first… and it appears that she’s definitely a scammer and has changed her IG name multiple times. I called her out and she responded with “hahahahaha” then proceeded to block me. I just don’t want to see anyone get scammed so please do not buy from her because 10000% you WILL get scammed.

Last edited:
Hi @lallybelle, have you consigned or done buyout with VluxeStyle too? Thinking about doing it that’s why I would like to know about your experience. Thanks for sharing in advance!
Hi Nat,

I have done a buyout from her (vluxestyle). Transaction was smooth. We agreed on the price and everything else before I met up with her in person. She got my bag and I got her payment. :smile:

Hope this helps.

• Love
Reactions: nat74