Buying LVs- cash or debit card or credit card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debit always. I would get nervous carrying around thousands of dollars in cash. But I have seen people in the Louis store with STACKS of cash. One time I saw a guy with a wad of cash that was probably three inches thick. No lie!

Having a credit card doesn't mean you pay more for a purchase, interest or have debt. PayPal services in my country are only available through credit card, so I use one to buy whatever, since I already have one and it's convenient for my lifestyle. It gets all paid every month.

I don't think it matters how anyone pays for their purchases, I would only hope and advice that one makes sure that they can afford their bags regardless of their payment methods.

Credit card to earn cash back rewards but pay off right away.

ALWAYS a credit card: protection, security, points, miles, cash back, promotions...
ALWAYS pay it off at the end of the months.

Same here.

I put everything possible on my card each month because of how much cash back rewards I get through Chase. With my monthly expenses I earn several hundred dollars in cash back rewards per month that are directly deposited into my account each month. And I pay no interest. It generates thousands of dollars per year, just by using my card. If you look at it this way, that is a couple FREE LV's per year, just for using my card.

If you are someone who can be strict with paying off a balance each month, it's something you should think about it you don't do it already.

My first couple of purchases I used cash, but when the bags are 1000's of dollars, I then use debit esp because sometimes I have to order over the phone. I have only used my credit card once on an LV and that was my Kusama Cosmetic.

Hi there..need your opinions please...which type of payment u prefer and why??:cool:

Oddly, while I'm saving---when I get up to a few hundred, I go in store and get a gift card. I do his until I have the amount needed. By the time it's TIME to get my bag, I pay withy 3-4 gift cards. It's a way to stay focused and not use my money for anything else

When I bought my Neverfull I used my debit card. I was deciding between cash and my debit card, but in the end I didn't go to the ATM because I wasn't 100% sure I was going to make the purchase that day. In the end I did and just used my debit card which is fine with me. I've never carried around a lot of cash before and I usually don't carry around any, so debit works fine. I don't have a credit card that I use for spending, but I'm still young, and as my husband and I get older and are more financially stable I'm sure we'll get a credit card for business, travel and emergencies and get points and stuff. I paid for the Neverfull with tutoring money that I earned on the side.

lisaclaw said:
I agree that you should never buy any item you have to finance via a credit card or loan. House is the only exception.

I think you SHOULD use a credit card though. Never pay an annual fee and get a card that gives you points or rewards. Also there are certain protections you get with a credit card you do not get with cash or a debit card.

Example: tried to return something to Best Buy I purchased for Christmas on my credit card. Best Buy said I could not return it. Mailed the item back to BB and disputed the charge on my credit card. Would have been stuck if I had paid cash.

ITA!

LOL! I'm one of those stay at home moms trying to hide my purchases tho if you see someone paying cash and credit! I know my husband figures it out (and I don't buy many bags) but I just feel guilty making such a big purchase (even though we can pay it off without a problem).

Status
Not open for further replies.