Buying LVs- cash or debit card or credit card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always use my credit card when I make my LV purchases because it allows me to earn points which I can convert to airline miles. However, I do make a beeline for the atm as soon as I leave the store and pay-off whatever amount was charged to my card--I would never charge anything that I didn't have the cash on hand to pay for.

I would say credit card, as you hand over a card, not a huge bag full of cash, or loose change, if you had that many :graucho:. But saying that paying in cash, restricts you from buying more stuff as a with a credit card, you can splurge on goods that you dont like or really need and end up wasting your money. I would say I like credit card for convenience, and cash for restricting yourself with a set budget.ß

I always use cash. Contrary to the "huge bag," it always fits easily in my wallet LOL! Easier and no worries about paying over time. If I can't afford it outright, I don't get it until I can. I'm not fond of credit card debt and while I do have one for emergencies, I generally keep the balance under $500 so it can be paid off at the end of the month if I do need to use it. I've seen too many people (and a lot on this forum) get into trouble buying things they really can't afford. I have no credit card debt and am proud of that. I think I'd have trouble sleeping with a lot of debt. I have used my debit card, but I have never used a credit card for anything other than emergencies, hotels, airfare or car rentals.

Last edited:
AnaVeronika said:
Cash, always! This may be strange to someone but I do not own a credit or debit card :biggrin:

Smart woman! I like having one for things like travel arrangements, rental cars, hotels, but cash makes life great. When I return something, there is no waiting for credit on a card. I love that too.

As far as installments, I would absolutely hate having to continue paying for something well after receiving it. And interest on top of that? Why pay more than something cost? I would hate still paying for something months after I bought it. That would take all the fun out of it.

But I paid for my last new car with cash as well. I hate car payments. As soon as I get a car, I start putting money in the bank for the next one. Then when I need a new one, I get what I can afford. I got a really good price on my new Honda from the dealership last year. It was a great feeling driving it off the lot and knowing there was no lien and no debt on it. I can't think of anything worse than paying thousands extra in interest to pay over time. It's like throwing money away. I'd rather have the money in my own account collecting interest than give it to a bank or car dealership.

Last edited:
cash: is always the best since you do not have to worry about paying interests rates or debating how much you have to pay monthly per billing cycle on credit card. Though you always have to remember things may come up if you use that cash! Example: car problems, food, rent, bills, etc etc.
Credit cards: its either a plus if you pay that bill off once you receive it and dont have to worry bout the interest rates! You can save your cash and pay more than the minimum!
Though it is up to you! Ive learned from here is that if you cant afford what you buy dont purchase it! Only purchase something you know you can pay off immediately and by that less than 3-6 months!Or pay more than the minimum!

cash: is always the best since you do not have to worry about paying interests rates or debating how much you have to pay monthly per billing cycle on credit card. Though you always have to remember things may come up if you use that cash! Example: car problems, food, rent, bills, etc etc.
Credit cards: its either a plus if you pay that bill off once you receive it and dont have to worry bout the interest rates! You can save your cash and pay more than the minimum!
Though it is up to you! Ive learned from here is that if you cant afford what you buy dont purchase it! Only purchase something you know you can pay off immediately and by that less than 3-6 months!Or pay more than the minimum!
Yes..it's so true! Dont purchase something that we card afford. I saw many of my friends use their cc to buy this and this..especially lv n chanel purses from paris and sell them on their blog. For example they bought alma vernis gm for myr 6000++ from paris and sell to their malaysian buyers around myr 7000++ ( but the real price here is myr 8000++) . Its still cheaper but...What a huge profit! Lollll.. Thats one of the reason why they use credit card.

I paid cash for my first LV item because I thought my husband would be upset at me paying $300 for a wallet (ZCP) - when he found out later he was upset but not at the cost, at the risk I was taking by carrying the cash around with me while I saved it up from my weekly allowance.

Normally I pay for everything (including my other LV) with a credit card (paid off monthly so we never pay interest) because we get cash back. This year we got over $700 back. Our new 'house rule' is anything over $20 goes on the card because of this, including groceries.

I have seen people combine payments (gift card, cash, credit card) in LV rather than pay for the whole thing with one payment method. I have also seen people pay cash for much more expensive items than I did and I always wonder if they are hiding the purchase from their parents/spouse.

I paid cash for my first LV item because I thought my husband would be upset at me paying $300 for a wallet (ZCP) - when he found out later he was upset but not at the cost, at the risk I was taking by carrying the cash around with me while I saved it up from my weekly allowance.

Normally I pay for everything (including my other LV) with a credit card (paid off monthly so we never pay interest) because we get cash back. This year we got over $700 back. Our new 'house rule' is anything over $20 goes on the card because of this, including groceries.

I have seen people combine payments (gift card, cash, credit card) in LV rather than pay for the whole thing with one payment method. I have also seen people pay cash for much more expensive items than I did and I always wonder if they are hiding the purchase from their parents/spouse.
I prefer debit card coz it's too scared bringing a huge amount of cash in my wallet. Lollll..

Lolllll.. men never understand the value of luxury handbags like lv. Some of them will say: u only have 2 hands but why must buy so many handbags! Ahahahaha!

Status
Not open for further replies.