Buying Cartier at Heathrow

bellapurse

O.G.
Aug 22, 2011
Hi! I read somewhere that Cartier watches can cost less in LHR airport comparing to US. Can anyone confirm this? I know someone said its cheaper to buy in a boutique in US vs in Europe but I haven't heard about LHR.

I don't understand that. I live in the UK and VAT was increased from 17.5% to 20% in January 2011, with no exceptions.

I also live in the UK and got a love ring, it was around 17.5% off the price in the london boutiques and also in Bulgari if I remember

Just wanted to see if there were updates about the vat since I'll be going to Heathrow soon

Yay, this thread has been so helpful to me as I am going through transit in heathrow flying from Boston (not sure about the terminals yet though:P:biggrin:)

I've checked the website and I'm loving the prices after I divide the listed price by 1.2, you've been arguing about the vat, so if it's 20% what shall I divide the list price by?

I'm flying this week, interested in a rose/yellow gold love cuff with one diamond/sapphire:

According to my research:

The gold cuff with one diamond is:
$5237 - (UK website price) <-- according to this thread VAT is included.
$4364 - (UK website's price divided by 1.2)
$4950 - excl. sales taxes (US website) <-- will be more expensive with taxes

The sapphire is around those prices too, in heathrow it should be $4076 (UK website's price divided by 1.2)

Please help me if you can, it will be much appreciated :smile: xo