Buying Cartier at Heathrow

I'm planning on going to London this summer and I check the price and it looks like I will get a better price instead of buying in US even though I don't have to pay the tax.

My question is will I be able to go to Cartier at the airport coming from New York or Seattle? Because I'm not coming back to US from London.

I called them a few weeks ago and the prices are roughly 17% less than store retail. The sales advisors are very helpful and will organise items to be in stock (if they don't already hold it), they need around 4 weeks notice to ensure stock transfer. Hope this helps.

Im so confused how this works. I live in the US with no sales tax. Does this mean an item that costs 6800 usd would be 5644 usd at the heathrow cartier?

Cartier prices in the US websites do not include taxes. However, prices on European sites include VAT. When purchasing items in Europe, you get some of the VAT back ( if you are not an EU resident).

I'm in the UK, retail less 17% is the price I'd pay - tax free. I'm not sure how it would work for you, as a US citizen. Give the store at Heathrow a call, I'm sure they can help on how to get the best price.

I called Cartier at Heathrow a few days ago to ask about the 36mm Ballon Bleu watch which is
4400 GBP in UK, Tax free price for this piece (Ref: W6920046) is £3666.67.

With the current exchange rate that's about 5200$. You can also lock the price in by making a wire transfer to them as they are suspecting a price increase soon(Chanel UK just did a price increase too).

I also asked about the love cuff in YG and Tax free price for this piece (Ref: B6032416) is £2750.00.

HTH

T
I called Cartier at Heathrow a few days ago to ask about the 36mm Ballon Bleu watch which is
4400 GBP in UK, Tax free price for this piece (Ref: W6920046) is £3666.67.

With the current exchange rate that's about 5200$. You can also lock the price in by making a wire transfer to them as they are suspecting a price increase soon(Chanel UK just did a price increase too).

I also asked about the love cuff in YG and Tax free price for this piece (Ref: B6032416) is £2750.00.

HTH

Thank you!!!!!

Thank you all for the response. I would be able to purchase on Heathrow leaving London to go to Europe. Is it still the same percent if I'm going to Europe instead of US? I tried dividng the price in Cartier UK website by 1.2 to remove the vat. If I'm going to buy it in the airport the JUC will be $5861.73 instead of buying it in US which is $6800 (don't need to pay for tax). Is that correct?