Buyer opens ebay claim--item not as described, she think she got the wrong color?

Riahnna

O.G.
Oct 27, 2007
Hi ladies, recently I sold a YSL cabas chyc on Ebay.
the buyer paid immediately and after she received the bag, she's now claiming that the bag is not the color that she's looking for.

so here's my listing
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160967311102

the color is dove beige, but she contacting me saying the color is BROWN, and is not THE dove beige that she KNOWS. and opening a ebay claim saying I received the wrong bag from NM and it's not her fault.

here's what she states in the ebay claim:

"The item color is described as "dove beige". The item received is brown. I know what dove beige looks like since THAT is the color I've been wanting and the bag received is not even a slight variation in color, but is most definitely BROWN. I have contacted the Seller and all the Seller can say is: that is what she ordered on neimanmarcus.com and that is what she received. It is not my problem if Neimans sent her the wrong bag. "

well, I bought the bag from NM and it is dove beige by description no doubt, here's a link to NM's page (http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/Yves-Saint-Laurent-ChYc-East-West-Ranch-Bag-Medium/prod146740055/)
I also found another listing of the same bag saying DOVE BEIGE on ebay,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-YSL-Yve...389?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item3cce492715

do I have any chance fighting this one? just so frustrated right now it's my first ebay claim ever so any help will be useful. Thank you

Last edited:
Hi ladies, recently I sold a YSL cabas chyc on Ebay.
the buyer paid immediately and after she received the bag, she's now claiming that the bag is not the color that she's looking for.

so here's my listing
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160967311102

the color is dove beige, but she contacting me saying the color is BROWN, and is not THE dove beige that she KNOWS. and opening a ebay claim saying I received the wrong bag from NM and it's not her fault.

here's what she states in the ebay claim:

"The item color is described as "dove beige". The item received is brown. I know what dove beige looks like since THAT is the color I've been wanting and the bag received is not even a slight variation in color, but is most definitely BROWN. I have contacted the Seller and all the Seller can say is: that is what she ordered on neimanmarcus.com and that is what she received. It is not my problem if Neimans sent her the wrong bag. "

well, I bought the bag from NM and it is dove beige by description no doubt, here's a link to NM's page (http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/Yves-Saint-Laurent-ChYc-East-West-Ranch-Bag-Medium/prod146740055/)
I also found another listing of the same bag saying DOVE BEIGE on ebay,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-YSL-Yve...389?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item3cce492715

do I have any chance fighting this one? just so frustrated right now it's my first ebay claim ever so any help will be useful. Thank you

You have a chance because color variations are not grounds for SNAD and you offer a 14 day return policy. You never know with eBay, though.

While I see you state sales are final and no returns (I think the other seller offers returns), I think that the color that you show on your listings is close to the shades shown both on the NM website and the other listing. I would hope that ebay won't reward the buyer for the color looking different on her monitor. I think your photos are many and accurate.

Oops. It was the other seller with the return policy. I think eBay is more likely to side with buyers who offer returns but really your bag's color doesn't look that different from the color on the other websites.

Do you possibly have any pictures of the tags with the color name on them? :smile: Because the buyer is claiming you sent her a bag of a completely different color which actually would be SNAD. If you could prove that you didn't that would be the best.

Oops. It was the other seller with the return policy. I think eBay is more likely to side with buyers who offer returns but really your bag's color doesn't look that different from the color on the other websites.

Do you possibly have any pictures of the tags with the color name on them? :smile: Because the buyer is claiming you sent her a bag of a completely different color which actually would be SNAD. If you could prove that you didn't that would be the best.

i don't have that picture...
all i have is the receipt from NM stating I bought a bag in Dove Beige color.
would that help?

The receipt would be helpful - and if the bag is still on NM's website, can you do a screen shot of the item, showing their bag w/the color listed as Dove Beige...? That would a good way to back up your receipt details, and your listing/photos.

SNAD used to stand for Significantly Not As Described. Then it became Somewhat Not As Described. Now it is whatever. It has become anybody's guess how Ebay chooses to enforce their policies.
IMO it sounds like buyers remorse. Did you do an Advanced Search and check her buying history? Probably not likely that she purchased another similar bag, but it never hurts to check.
I must admit that I find the 'Dove beige' description to be very confusing. When I hear the word dove I immediately think gray. On my monitor that bag looks taupe. Which is probably just another word for grayish brown or brownish gray.:P

My advise to you is to accept the bag for a refund. If it was a lesser priced item, Ebay most likely would have sided with you, but reimbursed the buyer out of their own pocket. In this case, even if they decide in your favor and the buyer will not be refunded, she can file a chargeback and most of the time when chargebacks are filed, the credit card will side with the customer and not even require the item to be returned. All they will say is that the customer has to have the item available for the collection by the seller. That means you may have to pay for someone to pick it up at her house.

My advise to you is to accept the bag for a refund. If it was a lesser priced item, Ebay most likely would have sided with you, but reimbursed the buyer out of their own pocket. In this case, even if they decide in your favor and the buyer will not be refunded, she can file a chargeback and most of the time when chargebacks are filed, the credit card will side with the customer and not even require the item to be returned. All they will say is that the customer has to have the item available for the collection by the seller. That means you may have to pay for someone to pick it up at her house.

I agree with this. Just accept return and be done with it. My opinion, the chance for seller to won a dispute of SNAD on eBay is slim anyway ( i know this is not a significantly not as described re color ut buyer made up reasons to sound like significantly not as described) and I always fear of chargeback as well as negative feedback.

I'm sorry if this is OT, but when you guys say someone can do a chargeback, does that mean you still have to pay even though you technically won or is that paypals problem. That really sucks cause you cant win if you still have to pay

cmdfsu said:
I'm sorry if this is OT, but when you guys say someone can do a chargeback, does that mean you still have to pay even though you technically won or is that paypals problem. That really sucks cause you cant win if you still have to pay

A charge back is when the credit card company takes the money for the transaction in question back from the party that received the money.