Buyer opens ebay claim--item not as described, she think she got the wrong color?

So basically, anyone could get their money back at anytime for an item huh?
That blows...

Yes. That is why I stopped accepting direct credit card payments. At least, with paypal there is some kind of protection (item not received or unauthorized transaction), but with direct credit card payments, there is no protection at all. I lost $11,000 in 2011 for direct credit card payments chargebacks.

Yes. That is why I stopped accepting direct credit card payments. At least, with paypal there is some kind of protection (item not received or unauthorized transaction), but with direct credit card payments, there is no protection at all. I lost $11,000 in 2011 for direct credit card payments chargebacks.

Oh my god $11,000 is a lot o money to be lost on charge backs!!!!!!

Oh my god $11,000 is a lot o money to be lost on charge backs!!!!!!

It sure is. Unless you have your own website, where the buyer enter the credit card numbers themselves or have the ability to swipe the card through a card reader, you have no protection against unauthorized transactions. Even if you send it to the billing address, still not protection. Very annoying.

SNAD used to stand for Significantly Not As Described. Then it became Somewhat Not As Described. Now it is whatever. It has become anybody's guess how Ebay chooses to enforce their policies.
IMO it sounds like buyers remorse. Did you do an Advanced Search and check her buying history? Probably not likely that she purchased another similar bag, but it never hurts to check.
I must admit that I find the 'Dove beige' description to be very confusing. When I hear the word dove I immediately think gray. On my monitor that bag looks taupe. Which is probably just another word for grayish brown or brownish gray.:P
Making sure the colour shows accurately is such a challenge.

I agree seeing the word "dove" made me think grey and then seeing the pictures made me think it was a taupey colour. Certainly not brown though. Maybe she's thinking it's a very light brown.

The buyer is saying that it's NM's fault for sending the wrong dove beige bag to the seller, but their website only shows the dove beige bag she bought and a true light grey bag.

Interestingly, the NM website shows the dove beige bag as looker even browner than the seller's listing. So, I don't know what the buyer is thinking.

Making sure the colour shows accurately is such a challenge.

I agree seeing the word "dove" made me think grey and then seeing the pictures made me think it was a taupey colour. Certainly not brown though. Maybe she's thinking it's a very light brown.

The buyer is saying that it's NM's fault for sending the wrong dove beige bag to the seller, but their website only shows the dove beige bag she bought and a true light grey bag.

Interestingly, the NM website shows the dove beige bag as looker even browner than the seller's listing. So, I don't know what the buyer is thinking.

The buyer does not have an issue with the color. She just does not like the bag and seeing that the seller's return policy has certain terms in it, she is just making it up to have the reason for a SNAD. Of course, it is only my opinion.

The buyer does not have an issue with the color. She just does not like the bag and seeing that the seller's return policy has certain terms in it, she is just making it up to have the reason for a SNAD. Of course, it is only my opinion.

I think you are correct; the bag is indeed well photographed and referenced, and the buyer just has remorse and unfortunately is trying to accuse the seller of SNAD.

This is a case of buyer's remorse... There is absolutely nothing
with the description of the bag or for that matter the color.

Let's hope ebay sides with you OP...but don't be disappointed
as ebay usually sides with the buyer...

Keep us posted..

Regardless of what the color actually is (to me, it's more brown than beige), she read the description, saw your pictures, etc., and knew what she was getting. Just because she didn't like the color when she got it doesn't mean SNAD.

SNAD used to stand for Significantly Not As Described. Then it became Somewhat Not As Described. Now it is whatever. It has become anybody's guess how Ebay chooses to enforce their policies.
IMO it sounds like buyers remorse. Did you do an Advanced Search and check her buying history? Probably not likely that she purchased another similar bag, but it never hurts to check.
I must admit that I find the 'Dove beige' description to be very confusing. When I hear the word dove I immediately think gray. On my monitor that bag looks taupe. Which is probably just another word for grayish brown or brownish gray.:P

My thoughts exactly, esp. the bolded!

Sounds like the item has no resale problem. I'd issue the return and keep the good feedback. Just sell it to someone who will love it rather than trying to get it off your hands. Being a seller, you have a lot of power in making the situation easy or difficult. I'd make it easy and issue refund but continue to sell saying no returns accepted

Sounds like the item has no resale problem. I'd issue the return and keep the good feedback. Just sell it to someone who will love it rather than trying to get it off your hands. Being a seller, you have a lot of power in making the situation easy or difficult. I'd make it easy and issue refund but continue to sell saying no returns accepted

:true:

Although I agree that you should just take a return, accepting a return doesn't mean that the buyer will leave positive feedback or that the buyer won't ding stars.

A buyer who manufactures a SNAD complaint when one doesn't exist is likely to be a buyer who might ding feedback or stars.

This is really not a nice buyer & she certainly is capable of dinging
you & perhaps even leaving neutral feedback..

I would not count on much from her.

Just get your bag back.. its a saleable bag & you will find the right buyer for it

Last edited: