Butler leather, has anybody experienced with this leather?

I just bought a butler natural sable Kelly in size 25 and was wondering if anyone has had long term experience with this leather? I wouldn’t use it every day and I do look after my bags, is it difficult to maintain? Do scratches remain visible? What would happen if a spot of water landed on the bag? I have a constance 18 in tadelakt and i’ve had no issues with it so far. Any advice would be much appreciated!

I just bought a butler natural sable Kelly in size 25 and was wondering if anyone has had long term experience with this leather? I wouldn’t use it every day and I do look after my bags, is it difficult to maintain? Do scratches remain visible? What would happen if a spot of water landed on the bag? I have a constance 18 in tadelakt and i’ve had no issues with it so far. Any advice would be much appreciated!
Hi, I wonder how is your butler natural sable Kelly going? I got offered a K28 in the same leather, but not sure about how the leather is going to age. I'm having the same questions as you had in this post, hope you've already got the answers?

Thanks!

Hi, I wonder how is your butler natural sable Kelly going? I got offered a K28 in the same leather, but not sure about how the leather is going to age. I'm having the same questions as you had in this post, hope you've already got the answers?

Thanks!
I have only carried the bag a couple of times but already managed to scratch it! The scratch is quite obvious but I am hoping will fade over time.

Finally joining the club with this Plume 40 Fourre-tout in natural sable. Funnily enough I almost pulled the trigger on this bag over 2.5 years ago, and this time, I just couldn't resist!

I'm fairly relaxed about scratches (experience with Barenia and Evercalf/Evergrain), but wanted to get more feedback on how Butler does in the rain. I've read a few comments saying no lasting damage when caught in a shower, but would be grateful if anyone had any more to say now that these bags have been in use for a couple more years.

IMG_0150.jpeg

Finally joining the club with this Plume 40 Fourre-tout in natural sable. Funnily enough I almost pulled the trigger on this bag over 2.5 years ago, and this time, I just couldn't resist!

I'm fairly relaxed about scratches (experience with Barenia and Evercalf/Evergrain), but wanted to get more feedback on how Butler does in the rain. I've read a few comments saying no lasting damage when caught in a shower, but would be grateful if anyone had any more to say now that these bags have been in use for a couple more years.

View attachment 4923053
Can't comment on it's water resistance ( the little bit on a barenia/butler strap doesn't count) but CONGRATS!! it's a truly gorgeous bag :loveeyes: Classy and classic ( and SO usable!).

Can't comment on it's water resistance ( the little bit on a barenia/butler strap doesn't count) but CONGRATS!! it's a truly gorgeous bag :loveeyes: Classy and classic ( and SO usable!).

THANK YOU! You summed it up perfectly - a classic! And so soft and sumptuous to boot. Looking forward to getting some good use of this bag ASAP :giggle:

Reactions: nymeria
Found this thread coz I'm eyeing on a butler natural sable roulis but not sure if I should go for butler. How does butler hold up after few years of use? I like box and swift so not afraid on tiny scratches. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks

I have a strap and a bastia in Butler. Both have done well- a few scratches, but nothing that any leather will not get with use. I have not been caught in rain (perhaps a few drops) so really can't comment on water.

View attachment 4923053

Yes we are bag brothers now :smile: I am excited to see someone else also fell in love with this bag - found mine in Copenhagen Airport Store in 2019 and I couldn’t resist leather feel and had to take it home. It holds up pretty nicely but faint scratches do show througout (am not the most careful bag owner nonetheless) and some “pressed marks” also happen at the metal hoop (see pic).

On water situation - dunno cz that hasn’t happened yet. If the “accident” happens I shall report back asap LOL.

Attachments

• B36100A2-59F3-43E3-AC0E-DA13D16236AB.jpeg
    B36100A2-59F3-43E3-AC0E-DA13D16236AB.jpeg
    152 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: FreddieMac