Butler leather, has anybody experienced with this leather?

Mar 26, 2009
I was shown a very special bag made of this leather, in a tan (like Gold) colour. At first I thought it looked like barenia due to the uneven colourings. But it's way smoother than the velvety feel compared to barenia. Because this is such a new leather, my SA doesn't really know too much as to how it will wear, age etc. I wonder whether anybody here has anything in this leather? Will it show scratches easily? Could this be the "non-scratch barenia" I was hoping for??? Thanks in advance!

I was shown a very special bag made of this leather, in a tan (like Gold) colour. At first I thought it looked like barenia due to the uneven colourings. But it's way smoother than the velvety feel compared to barenia. Because this is such a new leather, my SA doesn't really know too much as to how it will wear, age etc. I wonder whether anybody here has anything in this leather? Will it show scratches easily? Could this be the "non-scratch barenia" I was hoping for??? Thanks in advance!

My understanding is that it is not like barenia (not tanned the same way); somewhat more like tadelakt in terms of the finish.

Reactions: babybaby2011
My understanding is that it is not like barenia (not tanned the same way); somewhat more like tadelakt in terms of the finish.

This was how it was described to me on Saturday. I was looking to order a new bag after my disasterous Paris trip and was considering a Plume. It was only offered in this leather and the SA said tadelakt. Went off the Plume when I saw the Drag re-issue in box. Divine.

Thanks mistikat! If it's like tadelakt, it will show scratches easily, won't it?

Xiangxiang, did you get any further with this leather? I just saw a plume with cobalt interior and it was stunning. However, being new the SA's weren't really sure how it would wear. The one I saw had tonal streaks in the leather which made me think it was a more natural leather. I have no experience of tadelakt so not sure how that wears either.

Xiangxiang, did you get any further with this leather? I just saw a plume with cobalt interior and it was stunning. However, being new the SA's weren't really sure how it would wear. The one I saw had tonal streaks in the leather which made me think it was a more natural leather. I have no experience of tadelakt so not sure how that wears either.

hi there, no I didn't pursue this further. I it's a natural leather too because it showed some scratch already. And I think it it's like tadelakt as mistikat said, it will show wear a lot. I can't deal with this kind of leather.

The plume you saw came in two versions in lining. Another is lined in hot pink.

hi there, no I didn't pursue this further. I it's a natural leather too because it showed some scratch already. And I think it it's like tadelakt as mistikat said, it will show wear a lot. I can't deal with this kind of leather.

The plume you saw came in two versions in lining. Another is lined in hot pink.

Also comes lined in soufre and from memory was around £4800.

I liked the natural and I liked the cobalt blue but not 100% sure about them together.

That said I bought a pre-owned plume which just arrived today. From the pictures I thought it was box, Bababebi confirmed Vache Natural and now I see it it is the latter. It already has marks so I feel sure that I will be okay with this one. It was a lot less than £4800. That feels good:smile:

Also comes lined in soufre and from memory was around £4800.

I liked the natural and I liked the cobalt blue but not 100% sure about them together.

That said I bought a pre-owned plume which just arrived today. From the pictures I thought it was box, Bababebi confirmed Vache Natural and now I see it it is the latter. It already has marks so I feel sure that I will be okay with this one. It was a lot less than £4800. That feels good:smile:

I didn't like the blue lining either. Nor would I like the yellow. I think there are quite a few pre-owned plume around. I like plume a lot but not in this butler leather. I will probably get a pre-owned one some time in the future.

As a uber careful tadelakt owner, I can vouch that this leather if I may say is more 'fragile' than box. Small scratches can be 'buffed' for my experience. From my understanding its meant to pacify the demand of box (and barenia it seems).

As a uber careful tadelakt owner, I can vouch that this leather if I may say is more 'fragile' than box. Small scratches can be 'buffed' for my experience. From my understanding its meant to pacify the demand of box (and barenia it seems).

I always think tadelakt and berania are more fragile than box. I have a belt in box and I am quite rough on it but so far it's held up quite well. A few times when I saw tadelakt and berania in stores, they all had scratches on already.